Windows 10: Bricked Desktop Do I have a way out?

Discus and support Bricked Desktop Do I have a way out? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, thanks for having this forum. I was cruising along. Fat, dumb and happy with a dual boot from a 2 partition hard drive, and then I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by okrobie, Dec 3, 2015.

1. okrobie Win User

Bricked Desktop Do I have a way out?

Hi all, thanks for having this forum.

I was cruising along. Fat, dumb and happy with a dual boot from a 2 partition hard drive, and then I started running out of space on the partition I was booting from. So since everything was good on the default partition (C:\), I decided to eliminate the unused partition (D:\) and merge it with the default one.

I went to System Configuration that showed both partitions and deleted the one that I thought was the unused partition, but now it won't boot. It says it can't find the OS. I have tried all of the boot configs in the POST but nothing works. I removed a drive that was for storage only and had no OS.

Do I have any way out? Thanks for any help.

:)

okrobie, Dec 3, 2015

2. How do I make it so I do not have to put a password or pin when I log on to windows 10

Steps which I explained earlier will remove your password but you could set it not ask password after sleep. To do so, open Control Panel and in Power Options, click on Require password on wake-up and there you could select Do not require password. But this
    is not a recommended practice.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Dec 3, 2015
  3. How do I make it so I do not have to put a password or pin when I log on to windows 10

Yeah but don't yeah need a password when you first start your computer up. It wont just log you on without one. This I don't mind it's every time the screen saver comes up and I go to get back on I have to put in a password or pin. This I want to stop.

TomHeglund, Dec 3, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Try booting from Windows 10 install media and selecting the Repair option. Also from another computer you can try installing Macrium Reflect Free and create a Macrium Reflect Free Rescue USB/disk. Boot from that and there is an option under restore for fixing startup problems.

Basically you are going to have to set the remaining partition as the active partition, copy a boot sector to it and create a BCD store.

Build a Bootable BCD from Scratch with Bcdedit | Systems Management content from Windows IT Pro

NavyLCDR, Dec 3, 2015
  5. okrobie Win User
    Hi NavyLCDR, thanks for your service. I was an active duty Navy Reserve E5 ET2 between 1960 and 1963. Operated with Underwater Demolition Unit 2 in Little Creek VA (No, I was not a SEAL or UDT)

Thank you so much for your help with my computer problem. I chose to use the Macrium option and it worked great. I am good to go. Mark this one Solved.

okrobie, Dec 3, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thanks! Macrium Reflect Free is also the best program, IMHO, to make backup images of your hard drive.

NavyLCDR, Dec 4, 2015
  7. okrobie Win User
    That Macrium Reflect Free is awesome. Thanks for turning me on to it. Regards, Jim

P.S. I would have sent you a PM but I don't have enough posts yet.

okrobie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Bricked Desktop Do I have a way out? - Similar Threads - Bricked Desktop

2. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  3. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  4. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  5. NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death

NVIDIA GTX Force 660 bricks Windows 10 with Black Screen of Death: Yesterdday morning, on latest Windows 10 version, eveyrthing worked great. I shut the computer off, and turned it on again several hours later to receive the logo on start up and then a black screen of death, with monitor showcasing "No Signal". - Monitor is not the problem,...
  6. Windows 11 update bricked my desktop and I cannot access anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update bricked my desktop and I cannot access anything: Ever since updating windows 11, it has completely bricked my system and I have no access into it. The monitor doesn't boot up with either HDMI or Displayport, my mouse doesn't connect, my keyboard doesn't connect, my hard drives and thumbdrives don't connect to it, and I...
  7. Windows 11 update bricked my desktop and I cannot access anything

Windows 11 update bricked my desktop and I cannot access anything: Ever since updating windows 11, it has completely bricked my system and I have no access into it. The monitor doesn't boot up with either HDMI or Displayport, my mouse doesn't connect, my keyboard doesn't connect, my hard drives and thumbdrives don't connect to it, and I...
  8. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  9. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop: My father has an HP Pavilion 23 b244 All in One Desktop, how I updated the BIOS many times, restarted computer after erased flash without finishing. Now when I tried to contact a technician then he said no motherboard is there. Second off, I tried to buy HP Pavilion...
  10. BIOS update bricked my father's HP All In One Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging