Windows 10: Bricked SSD?

Discus and support Bricked SSD? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was having a problem where Windows 10 would not boot unless I had the USB boot stick in the computer (I could then take it out and windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by loveandhate, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Bricked SSD?

Hello,

I was having a problem where Windows 10 would not boot unless I had the USB boot stick in the computer (I could then take it out and windows would run fine). So, I attempted to do a re-install but this time using UEFI so I went into my motherboard and set it up and made anew USB boot stick. It booted into the installer but after its 1st attempt at a restart it got locked at the screen just past the dell boot up screen.

I then tried to run the HDD with windows 10 installed on it (and its working) with the SSD hooked up with my motherboard back in legacy mode and I get the same problem.

It seems no matter how I change the boot order, if the SSD is plugged in I am stuck in a blank screen. Even if I disable it as a boot device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

loveandhate, Mar 1, 2016

2. my phone hd7 htc with windows 7.5 OS was locked with a 4 digit password by me and i have forgotten that how unlock it

I too get almost similar screen.... Hi what to do to restore this back

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

RED BRICK:

PD29100 ss-bc (4K)

spl-5.12.2250.0(139198) MNG

MicroP(LED) 0x07

TOUCH S1(v1.8,#1624)

GREEN BRICK:

SD Sandisk 15193MB

Partition info -v211v413

BLUE BRICK: Empty

WHITE BRICK:

Serial

Vijitha Fernando, Mar 1, 2016
  3. PaulHazen Win User
    HTC 8x Portico update frozen

Any updates on this? My phone is bricked, got to imagine you've come to a solution by now (or came to the conclusion it was bricked for good)

PaulHazen, Mar 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Bricked SSD?

Did your SSD come with software utilities? Boot the computer with the SATA data connector removed from the SSD (but leave power connected to it). Once Windows 10 is booted from the HDD and settled down, carefully plug the SATA connector into the SSD. Then run the SSD utility software and see if it will let you erase it to start over. Or, alternative, see if Windows disk management or MiniTool partition wizard will let you delete the partitions on the SSD to start over.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2016
  5. I tried to boot the computer and plug the SSD in but it didn't get recognized. I might give it one more shot by unplugging the dvd drive and using its cable. For some reason the 3rd sata socket is bigger and white where the others are small and white but the sata cable still plugs into it, but when everything was working the 3rd sata socket worked fine for the HDD

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Another option would be to see if the SSD can be seen on another computer, maybe a friends? Or take it to a computer shop and have them check the SSD to make sure its ok. That way at least you will know if the SSD is ok, then you can trace down your problem to another area.

OldMike65, Mar 2, 2016
  7. I just tried plugging it in via the DVD drives SATA cable and it did not pop up as an available drive nor is it visible in drive management. I don't think the SSD came with any software (if it was on disk it was erased when it was formatted). It is a Micron M500 which says it is hot plug/hot-remove capable. I can try it out on my other desktop but I don't know as to why it would show up on it. Micron Technology, Inc. - M500 2.5-Inch SATA NAND Flash SSD
    that has a lot of information on the drive, not sure if there is some software I should run or something? I am not seeing anything right off anyhow.

Found this:

Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

And I am trying it now. I will let it sit for 20 minutes and then bring it to my other desktop and give it a try.

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member
  9. Word Man Win User
    Same concept, but hooking what I thought was my killed Samsung EVO up to the $15 USB3/SATA enclosure I had for the HDD I was replacing brought it totally back to life. I suspect just by the timing of things, the ("dead") SSD sat around for perhaps 2 hours or more before I tried putting it in the enclosure. It was immediately visible to the other laptop I hooked it up to. I took it back out of the enclosure, reinstalled it in the target laptop and never looked back.*Smile

Word Man, Mar 2, 2016
  10. Okay, I just did the process I posted and plugged it into my other desktop and it showed up as 4 gig DVD drive named the same thing as what I installed it with. I am in disk manager now. Not sure exactly what action to take. Any help would be greatly appreciated, hate to make a misstep when it seems im heading in somewhat of the correct direction.

*edit* Some notes, its partition style says "Master Boot Record" and the Disk is listed as "CD-ROM 0" and Type: DVD

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    From the screenshots posted, you have only 1 physical drive connected:

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

The second "drive", the DVD-ROM, is actually a mounted ISO file.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2016
  12. Yes, but that is not correct. I have the M500 running my main system (I bought 2) and the 2nd problem one that I hot swapped in is the trouble one that is being identified as a CD-ROM. I have only 2 SATA cables plugged in, 1 to my main drive and 1 to the dysfunctional drive. Both are M500s. No DVD, USB, or any other drive is plugged in.

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
  13. Bricked SSD?

I used some re-boots and diskpart and then a firmware update and on this reboot when I opened disk management it asked me to initialize the drive. Yay. I am pretty sure that is good. Should I go ahead and make a new simple volume or leave it like it is before I go plug into the other desktop to install Win 10?

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
  14. kipper Win User
    Over the years I have found this tool to be a valuable asset.....especially when resetting Solid State Drives.......

It was a freeware but now the author does charge a small fee for the current version.......I am not promoting here but just wanted you to be aware of it as a possible solution to resetting your SSD......

kipper, Mar 2, 2016
  15. Okay, I was able to get the drive working again. I installed this time using a disk I created with windows boot creater thing with the Win10_1511_English_x64 ISO. It is having a similar issue to what I had when I used a USB stick. It won't boot from the C drive unless the CD installation media is in the drive but then I can remove it and it runs fine. Here is the error

Bricked SSD? [​IMG]

loveandhate, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

Bricked SSD?

1. Bricked SSD? - Similar Threads - Bricked SSD

2. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  3. I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a license for Windows 10 in computer that bricked, I installed Windows 11 and have it...: My sweet computer finally bricked and I've dual installed windows 11 on my laptop. My previous computer offered me, since I had my Windows 10 license, a free Windows 11 upgrade, but the HW specifically the CPU didn't allow for it. Today I have installed Windows 11 and have...
  4. Windows update bricks computer, windows keeps trying to go back to original non-ssd drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update bricks computer, windows keeps trying to go back to original non-ssd drive...: I got an Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Installed an nvme SSD over a year ago, cloned the drive over, set SSD as boot drive, everything fine, computer boots from SSD.Notice recently that windows has somehow set the old platter drive back to the boot driveSet SSD...
  5. Windows update bricks computer, windows keeps trying to go back to original non-ssd drive...

Windows update bricks computer, windows keeps trying to go back to original non-ssd drive...: I got an Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Installed an nvme SSD over a year ago, cloned the drive over, set SSD as boot drive, everything fine, computer boots from SSD.Notice recently that windows has somehow set the old platter drive back to the boot driveSet SSD...
  6. Windows update bricks computer, windows keeps trying to go back to original non-ssd drive...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. W11 Update bricked my system. Cannot get laptop to recognize SSD and install windows. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Update bricked my system. Cannot get laptop to recognize SSD and install windows. I've...: Dell Vostro 15 7590 9750H GTX 1050Crucial P1 1TB SSD Toshiba 256 GB SSD came with systemSo I went to update my laptop a couple of days back to Windows 11 and the update failed 3 times. Then on the 4th time my laptop restarted and I could only access the startup boot/recovery...
  8. W11 Update bricked my system. Cannot get laptop to recognize SSD and install windows. I've...

W11 Update bricked my system. Cannot get laptop to recognize SSD and install windows. I've...: Dell Vostro 15 7590 9750H GTX 1050Crucial P1 1TB SSD Toshiba 256 GB SSD came with systemSo I went to update my laptop a couple of days back to Windows 11 and the update failed 3 times. Then on the 4th time my laptop restarted and I could only access the startup boot/recovery...
  9. W11 Update bricked my system. Cannot get laptop to recognize SSD and install windows. I've...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. June 2021 Cumulative Update Bricked my SSD - What Now?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    June 2021 Cumulative Update Bricked my SSD - What Now?: Hello!I’ve been limping an old computer along for a while for budgetary reasons and the most recent Windows update appears to have bricked it. Initially, instead of shutting down, it rebooted and said “Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device.”I went into the BIOS and all of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bricked ssd