Windows 10: Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows

Discus and support Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Brand new PC i7700K Windows 10. Having a persistent issue I can't fix when I boot up that has never happened on my older PC or Surface Book that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by izjamest, Apr 14, 2017.

1. izjamest Win User

Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows

Brand new PC i7700K Windows 10.

Having a persistent issue I can't fix when I boot up that has never happened on my older PC or Surface Book that are both running Windows 10. I have 3 monitors. Basically only on my main monitor, when ever I open the start menu or any window, my computer, folder etc. the desktop background has this brightening and dimmimg animation that is also there when you minimize these windows. This has never happened with my old PC which was using this same 3 monitors on Windows 10.

I have compared all the settings and they are all the same. I have also unchecked animation when minimizing and maximizing windows setting but it makes no difference. This setting has nothing to do with the dimming and brightening of the desktop background when opening or minimizing windows. I have searched google and still can't find an answer.

Any ideas guys? This is really bugging the hell out of me. I jsut want this animation to go away and be like it was in my old PC. Thanks.

:)

izjamest, Apr 14, 2017

2. n82 display

Hi mccblue,

In the "Display" there is the option "Brightness"

To darken or brighten the display,scroll left or

right.

Regards.

Fattan

fattan---01, Apr 14, 2017
  3. Screen is dim after Windows 10 upgrade

Already did this... I use nVidia setting to brighten my screen...after a week it start darken again, and I check the nVidia setting it doesn't change...it's steel like the last time I set. This is ridiculous...If I increase the gamma again and after a week
    it start darkening again, sooner or later I got no more gamma slider to increase.

It's been awhile since Microsoft release this troublesome updates...why till now there still no updates to fix it ?

RolanziRozavian, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows

1. Brightening & darkening of desktop background opening start or windows - Similar Threads - Brightening darkening desktop

2. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  3. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background Windows Darkening: When I snap 2 windows on the desktop left & right side of the screen the active screen is bright, but the non-active screen goes very dark. I can still scroll with my mouse wheel, but it is very dark. When I click on the dark window, it gets bright & the previous window goes...
  4. Background Windows Darkening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen darkens when a dark background is displayed: When running my MSI GS75 on battery power, a dark image, such as Windows settings in dark mode, will make the screen dim. It's not an environmental issue as my laptop hasn't left my room and the lighting doesn't change. I've had this same issue with my old Acer Nitro 5. Is...
  6. Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen

Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen: My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  7. How do you brighten/darken back ground in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you brighten/darken back ground in Windows 10: I would like to darken my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-brightendarken-back-ground-in-windows/239b797a-315a-4adf-9183-e45d37cfbb72
  8. Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background

Windows 10 v1903 Darken Desktop Background: I like the new Windows 10 v1903 desktop background, but I would like to darken the new Windows 10 Desktop Picture. How do I do this? I looked in Personalization. I don't see away to darken the v1903 background....
  9. Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background

Desktop wallpaper appears as Start background: I just reset my wallpaper and now it appears in the background of my Start page. I want my Start background to remain solid, as it was before I added the new wallpaper. 98363
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....