Windows 10: Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut?

Discus and support Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to adjust brightness via keyboard shortcut. My notebook seems to completely blank the screen at ZERO brightness, and you can't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rasmasyean, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut?

Is there a way to adjust brightness via keyboard shortcut. My notebook seems to completely blank the screen at ZERO brightness, and you can't see anything. And doing the 0/25/50/75/100 toggle in the corner popup, you always need to pass 0 when lowering brightness. iow...you need to press that part of the blank screen to get to 25. I'm always afraid I'll slip, or press the brightness to zero by accident and not remember exactly where the corner hotspots are.

:)

rasmasyean, Oct 14, 2016

2. c3 brightness setting

symbian = brightness adjust YES

S40 JAVA = brightness adjust NO

whyyy ???????

sony ericsson = brightness adjust YES

SAMSUNG = brightness ADJUST YESS

Are you incapable of typing
    the code Do not know if there's no reason
    the two ???????

micheal004, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Odd Brightness changes

Try adjusting brightness settings: from Settings>system>brightness- when I have automatically adjust for brightness set, then my WP7 will attempt to adjust for the light available. Screen protectors that cover the sensor may capture light and reflect causing
    the automatic brightness to auto-adjust more often. When set to Low, Medium, or High with automatic adjust set to off. The brightness will no longer fluctuate. Thanks for your post! ChrisM

Chris M. - WP7 Support, Oct 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut?

What kind of notebook do you have? These devices generally make function key assignments for brightness up and brightness down. For example, on my Dell Venue Pro 11, those keys are F11 (down) and F12 (up); on my Lenovos, that's Function-Home (Up) and Function-End (down). Tell me what you've got and I'll try to find out what's what on your laptop (or you can take the information and look it up yourself).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

Here's a picture of some keys from How-to-Geek that show common brightness control symbols. Those keys usually use an empty circle for brightness down and a filled circle for brightness up (as on my Dell) or include up and down arrows to indicate the kind of brightness control they offer. This one looks like F1 for brightness down and F2 for brightness up.

Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut? [​IMG]

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  5. It's a Vulcan Excursion XB.

Well, I guess it's not really a "laptop". It's more like a tablet with keyboard cover. And it doesn't have anything like that. I was hoping there would be some standard hotkey in Windows for it.

rasmasyean, Oct 14, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    In looking at the keys in the exploded view of the images available at the Vulcan Electronics website, I do see the top row of keys labeled with special symbols. But I can't read them because the photos are too low-resolution. You might try experimenting with the keys at the top right (you will probably have to hold down the Fn, or Function, key at the same time you play with them). I'll be very surprised if you don't have some kind of brightness control up and down somewhere on that top row. Experiment, and see what you can find or figure out.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: AFAIK there is no "standard keyboard shortcut" in Windows 10 for brightness control.

EdTittel, Oct 16, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    I found a review of the Excursion XB that shows an image of the keyboard I can actually see: http://www.gamecrate.com/wp-content/...rsion-XB-7.jpg. If your keyboard looks the same, and the key actually works, it looks like F8 should open the Settings menu. From that point you should be able to get into the System, Display, and brightness settings controls using the touchscreen. Does this help?
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 16, 2016
  8. Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut?

Well, the point is that when the touchscreen is at ZERO brightness, you can't really see what's going on. Hence the need for a hotkey. Otherwise everytime you boot, it will give you a blank screen.

In Windows 8 I believe it was a slider bar or something. This way you'd pretty much have to purposely drag it to zero. But this one is just 2 clicks away to change the brightness and you always have to pass ZERO to increase it.

rasmasyean, Oct 16, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    If you can find any forums where fellow Excursion members get together to share tips and info (NotebookReviews.com has some good ones, but I've never owned an Excursion so I don't know what's available there for your device) you may be able to get some insight. I still have to believe some keyboard combination will do the trick -- as you also suspect -- but I'll be darned if I can tell what it might be. Sorry: I wish I could be of more help.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 17, 2016
  10. Not a keyboard shortcut but a suggestion depending on how many degrees of brightness you need
    I use the free BatteryCare on my Asus Transformer Book T100TA.
    As you can see from the screenshot I have created various Power Plans for various situations. The numbers refer to minutes until Screen Off and Sleep etc. One click or touch on the SysTray icon brings up the list of Power Plans you can see in the screenshot and then I simply select the plan I want

Battery Care will also notify you when your battery is getting low or charged etc. See image

Read more and download @ BatteryCare
    BatteryCare has a Portable version (which I use) so you can try it without installing anything.
    • Click on Download
    • Click on More Download Options
    • Select Portable Version

You could also have a look at Volmouse by NirSoft but it looks a bit complicated. Apparently it works with the touchpad scroll feature instead of the mouse wheel
    Read more and download @ NirSoft Volmouse

Good luck *Smile

FrillyBits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut?

1. Brightness Adjustment Keybaord Shortcut? - Similar Threads - Brightness Adjustment Keybaord

2. shortcut key adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    shortcut key adjust brightness: Hello,so recently i just bought a wired keyboard for my laptop.but the problem is the keyboard does not have a shortcut key to adjust brightness like my built-in keyboard laptop.Does any of you guys have a solution for this to make my wired keyboard got shortcut key for...
  3. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  4. Adjust brightness

Adjust brightness: Hey I have the same monitor as you, as well as the same problem. I was just curious if you ended up figuring out the issue. I have looked up everything and even as you did find a visual down loader for brightness & I have had the same results. Get back to me on the question...
  5. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  6. Adjusting the Brightness

Adjusting the Brightness: Hi, I am trying to find a way to adjust the brightness, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I also can't find the brightness slider where it should be (according to google search)....
  7. Adjusting the brightness

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adjusting the brightness: I have a problem of adjusting the brightness. display is having same brightness when I change to 0% to 100%. the brightness is not changing please help.. thank you in advance...
  8. Brightness adjust

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness adjust: Hi, so after october Windows update my brightness adjust stopped working. It works, when I restart my laptop, but when I wake it up from sleep, it doesn't work... I got all drivers for graphics adapters, even deleted them and reinstall. My ambient light (auto brightness) is...
  9. No brightness adjustment

No brightness adjustment: My laptop just updated and now there isn't a way to adjust the brightness. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-brightness-adjustment/ef0a1ba1-056c-430e-9793-7ce72f5eabf9
  10. Adjust brightness?

Adjust brightness?: I find the white of the win 10 windows just easy to bright, especially late are night. I don't wanna reduce my monitors brightness cos i have to up it again after to pay my xbox.is there a brightness setting? 31910