Windows 10: Brightness bar not showing in display module

Discus and support Brightness bar not showing in display module in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, i have window 10 home 1607 os build 14393.187 64 bit up and running and all drivers and software is updated. i'm visually impaired so i need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by David1959, Sep 17, 2016.

1. David1959 Win User

Brightness bar not showing in display module

Hi,
    i have window 10 home 1607 os build 14393.187 64 bit up and running and all drivers and software is updated. i'm visually impaired so i need to adjust the brightness however the brightness bar isn't showing up. i done everything possible to correct, can anyone help please? i done the normal stuff such as uninstall reinstall the AMD Radeon 7700 series graphics video driver and no luck. i really need this badly.

Thank you

:)

David1959, Sep 17, 2016
  2. ashkaps Win User

Lumia 640- display issue: constantly fluctuating display

HI.

I just purchased a new lumia 640. I was exploring the options and came across something weird with the display.

The display brightness keeps on fluctuating in intensity by itself.

Few observations:

This is much evident when the Settings>brightness is set to automatic and Settings>display>brightness profile>adjust>Brightness bar is set to lowest (slider on the left side).

If I increase this brightness bar to maximum the problem resolves.

Also if I select a brightness level in Settings>Brightness as low, medium or high (and NOT automatic) the problem is resolved as long as the brightness bar in brightness profile is not lowest.

The problem is most evident against a white display like browsing on IE.

So the problem is: if I reduce the brightness to it's lowest level using all settings then the display fluctuates.

ashkaps, Sep 17, 2016
  3. SamRhymer Win User
    No brightness control bar is display settings

I had moved my desktop computer into my bedroom 3 months prior to the start of trying to fix the issue with the brightness control bar not showing up on February 23, 2018. I had never checked to see if the brightness control bar was in the settings because
    I didn't want to change the brightness at the time. I decided to change the brightness on February 23, 2018, and noticed it wasn't there. That is when I got in contact with Microsoft community and placed my concerns and questions on how to get the brightness
    bar back.

I'm all up to date on Windows Update for its drivers as well as the graphics display manufacturer drivers. No drivers are missing.

SamRhymer, Sep 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't know what a 'brightness bar' is, I'm afraid- perhaps you could explain how you normally make that appear?

Would you be interested in being able to control the brightness by, e.g, holding down the CTRL key and the scroll button on your mouse? This (and volume too) can be done with a small freeware program called Volumouse.

You can choose key combinations to do this to suit yourself.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  5. David1959 Win User
    there should be a brightness bar in settings - system - display under orientation to adjust the brightness. vut mine does not have this option. *Sad

David1959, Sep 18, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Brightness bar not showing in display module [​IMG]

The one here?

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing.. the entire window?

Open Device Manager, check there are no yellow triangles.
    Some suggest uninstalling the monitor resolves this:
    Microsoft Community

Do you see one here (in the Control Panel)?

Brightness bar not showing in display module [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Try3 Win User
    It seems that your AMD Radeon 7700 driver in Windows 10 does not have that capability. You can try searching for another driver to see if that has control over brightness - there is some guidance in Where to get hardware drivers. If AMD still produce drivers for this graphics card then you will probably be able to solve the problem but if not then it is just pot luck.

This situation is not uncommon in Windows 10. I have seen online posts by others in the same situation. I upgraded a 6 year old Windows 7 computer & an 11 year old XP computer to Windows 10 and the newer one has brightness adjustment whilst the older one does not.

Despite the lack of a brightness adjustment in the expected place, you might find that any keyboard shortcut that worked in your previous OS [such as a function key] still works.

Denis

8. dalchina New Member

@David1959 - have you previously had this brightness slider available using this PC- if so, what's changed since then?

If an older version of your graphics driver helps, that's possible, if you know it will, otherwise I'd commend my idea using freeware to you- you don't have to click several things to find the slider- just the mouse or a key and the mouse wheel.

dalchina, Sep 18, 2016
  9. David1959 Win User
    Thank all the brightness adjustment was working in win 7. thanks for the help. *Smile

David1959, Sep 18, 2016
  10. David1959 Win User
    also i'm using a HTMI tv as a monitor so it probably won't show. Thank again to all foe your suggestions and help. *Smile

David1959, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Brightness bar not showing in display module - Similar Threads - Brightness bar showing

2. Display and Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display and Brightness: Hi. I just got my brand new Probook today and after I turned it on, I figure I'm unable to adjust the brightness settings. Whether it be by keyboard or the sliding button in the settings. I researched and found that maybe the drivers aren't updated. Currently I'm using...
  3. brightness display

in Windows 10 Customization
    brightness display: I have recently bought a dell inspiron 5570. After about few days its brightness settings are no longer working. It has windows 10 and brightness bar is moving up and down but there is no change in screen brightness. I want to know why and can I rectify it?...
  4. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  5. display brightness bar missing

display brightness bar missing: display brightness bar missing how do I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-bar-missing/97b9f4a5-4aeb-454e-aafe-e4589dc4f09d
  6. Display brightness percentage not showing.

Display brightness percentage not showing.: Whenever I use the keyboard shortcut to turn the brightness up and down (on my PC it uses Fn + Up/Down arrows), the little window pops up showing my brightness. Normally, this would show the percentage as well as the meter, except for some reason, the percentage is not...
  7. Display Brightness

Display Brightness: Hello.. I have accidentally made some changes in the settings due to which I can no longer change the brightness and the resolution of the display Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/303668c8-7973-49b3-aa97-768183a6c9bc
  8. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  9. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  10. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness bar not visible

2. power bar stopped showing screen brightness settings

3. pc brightness module not working