Windows 10: Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update

Discus and support Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and after it finished installing, i now cannot change the brightness using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chuch NMndOr, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update

I have just recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and after it finished installing, i now cannot change the brightness using the function keys in my keyboard. I have tried updating the controllers for the display, but they are already updated. This is not the first time I have rpoblems with windows 10, and it is pretty annoying.

I have a HP Z Book G3, with an Intel HD Graphics 530 card and a NVIDIA Quadro M100M graphics card. Both the controllers of these are updated to the latest.

Thank you for your time and aid.

:)

Chuch NMndOr, Aug 26, 2018

2. Brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10 are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 brightness issue

I have an HP ProBook 445 G2 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home. My keyboard had a brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10". These brightness control hotkeys stopped
    working after I installed Windows 10, although other hotkeys like the one for volume control still work. The brightness button in the action center cycles only through steps pf 25%, which is sometimes inconvenient. How can I fix this?

SanatMharolkar, Aug 26, 2018
  3. fn functions

after upgrading from windows 8 to 10 my fn functions for brightness are not working

chapeu rouge, Aug 26, 2018
  4. TheDavidW Win User

Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update

After the latest Windows Update, brightness control and custom keyboard shortcuts no longer function

Acer 1810TZ

64 bit OS and processor (4GB)

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Build 17134.48

Installed 05/17/2018

Quality Updates Installed

• KB4103729
    • KB4103721
    Definition Updates Installed

• KB2267602

Like the subject says, I've lost brightness control as well as custom keyboard shortcuts I had setup to start programs (Ctrl + Alt + [letter]). I just discovered the latter not working. Brightness control no longer works with function key shortcut, icon
    in the notification panel, or adjusting the brightness slider in Settings.

Note that Windows key shortcuts DO work. Volume control DOES work with function key, system tray icon slider, etc.

I've tried the following to no avail:

• updating display and monitor drivers as well as switching to the basic Microsoft display.
    • uninstalling update
    • reinstalling the update
    • the old voodoo trick of rebooting at each of the above steps

I'm at a loss as to what to try or what to even what to search for at this point. Thanks for your help!

TheDavidW, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update

1. Brightness Fn Controller Non-Functional after windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Brightness Controller Non

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Problems after Windows 10 update:- Fn +brightness & Lid Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 update:- Fn +brightness & Lid Close: After updating Windows 10 Home (to build 21313) on my laptop, I have the following two problems :- 1. Fn + Brightness keys (F9 and F10) no longer work. Fn + sound keys and other such functions working correctly. I can, however, still use brightness slide bar in Settings to...
  5. Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn Brightness not working after Windows Update (Dell): Hello. Fn brightness function was working correctly, until a windows update about 3 weeks ago. Then I tried to fix it by going to the device manager and then updating the drivers. (Monitors- Generic Pnp Monitor - Update - Browse my computer for drivers - Let me pick from a...
  6. Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non functioning of "settings" after Windows 10 update: After installing the latest update of Windows 10, 'Settings" in my HP 430 laptop is not responding. Please suggest remedial measure to be adopted to solve this problem. Since settings is not responding, I am not in a position to try trouble shooting, restoring to previous...
  7. Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?

Way to permanently switch meaning of FN-keys with Non-FN function?: I need quite occasionally press keys on the top row of my keyboard like F2, F5, Print,.... To get them I always have to press additionally (just before) the <Fn> key. I want to avoid this. Is there a way to switch (forever) the meaning of Fn with Non-Fn keys? Only for the...
  8. Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update

Unable to change brightness via fn + brightness keys after windows 10 update: Same problem with muting and unmuting via fn+(un)mute. Other fn combinations seem to work. It is possible to change the brightness via settings but I really want the hotkeys to work. I have tried updating drivers for keyboards and display adapters but that didn't work. I...
  9. Brightness control not working after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness control not working after updating windows 10: i can't control my brightness after i updating my windows 10 to latest update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-control-not-working-after-updating/1a416f92-87a9-4d2a-8e0e-768c769245fe
  10. unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update

unable to control brightness after Windows 10 update: Hi, We recently had our Windows 10 update and unfortunately can no longer control the brightness. Here is what we have tried with no success based on the Windows user help forums: 1. Gone to device manager and switched to microsoft basic display - screen blacks out and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unfunctiononal Fn