Windows 10: Brightness Issue after creators update.

Discus and support Brightness Issue after creators update. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Redbatman, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Redbatman Win User

Brightness Issue after creators update.

Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless windowed it will keep my current brightness settings. Now this doesn't happen to all of my games in full screen mode, but I have noticed a number of them starting to do this more.

I use the Nvidia control panel to adjust my Desktops brightness settings, usually when this happens I go into the control panel and click on and off my color settings. Apparently on the Nvida forums I'm not the only experiencing this too.
    My GPU is a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1.

Is anyone else getting this too here?

:)

Redbatman, Apr 18, 2017
  2. JaB12288 Win User

Windows 10 creator update - Cannot adjust brightness

Hi,

After updating to the windows 10 creator update, I cannot change the brightness of my laptop. How do I adjust the brightness on my PC after this update? I've followed the steps from other threads with the same question, nothing works. I can't revert to
    a previous point because my "protection" wasn't turned on. Am I able to download a previous windows 10 update? Namely, the update prior to the creator one? The creator update has caused nothing but problems.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JaB12288, Apr 18, 2017
  3. i can't change display brightness on window 10 creator update

Similar issue, I can't change my brightness settings on the slider after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update on my laptop. Worked fine before, worked fine on my nvidia drivers 378.66 but closing and reopening the lid resulted on black screen.

Updated to nvidia drivers 381.65 and the hotfix driver of 381.78 and still cannot change display brightness.

Removed all drivers with DDU, still can't change brightness

TheCFCHenri, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Brightness Issue after creators update.

There seems to be about three threads here with this problem so far. No idea why its happening and can't find any answers. I can't recreate the problem on my machine so have real difficulty in working on a solution. Seems to be affecting AMD cards as well. Looks to be affecting the older cards the most. Your card isn't THAT old though so............

indianacarnie, Apr 19, 2017
  5. Here are some fixes suggested by Microsoft Support. The 1st method worked for me.
    I was a bit skeptical for the 1st one, since uninstalling anything is a bit scary, but it worked. Hope it helps you too.

Method1:
    This circumstance can occur if the device hardware fails or if the device driver fails.
    Please follow the below steps and see if it helps,
    1. Go to Run by typing Windows + R simultaneously and then type devmgmt.msc to go to device manager.
    2. Select Display drivers right click on it and select uninstall and click ok.
    3. Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.
    4. Right-click the device and click Properties. On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message This device is working properly.

Method 2:
    If issue persist suggest him to visit manufacturer's and download latest display driver and install in compatibility mode.
    Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:
    1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

XxTsakalisxX, Apr 20, 2017
  6. Redbatman Win User
    Uninstalling Nvidia's driver from device manager is not a good thing to do, if you do that you could risk errors and corruption, if you uninstall it's recommended to do it from control panel.

As for the latest drivers unfortunately people in Nvidia's forums have been reporting issues from thier latest drivers and it would be best to wait for a newer driver to be released.

Redbatman, Apr 20, 2017
  7. I have a possibly related issue: The brightness control on my laptop no longer functions properly. At the lowest, it dims to unreadable. Moving it up just a notch goes to full brightness. Moving it further makes no change until about midway through the range it dims slightly and then at the very top it DIMs about 50%. Have tried every permutation of driver/uninstall/version without success...

charlieopp, Apr 21, 2017
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

For some weird reason, disabling write combining (USWC) did the trick for me. Now ICC profiles are fine after exitting games.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 21, 2017
  9. Redbatman Win User
    Where is write combining located?

Redbatman, Apr 21, 2017
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    False alarm. I rechecked with uswc on and it's still fixed. Maybe it was a Steam glitch that was corrected. Write combining is faster on and there is no easy way for toggling in ON/OFF so leave it alone for now.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 21, 2017
  11. Redbatman Win User
  12. CraigVMN Win User
    I have been on the Nvidia forum looking, and it would appear there are BIG issues with Win 10 CU & Nvidia drivers. As for me, outputting to a 4k TV via HDMI 2.0, before CU everything was fine. After, my display is VERY dark to the point of being unusable. There are numerous other issues on their forums, games dropping FPS, crashing, BSOD...don't know if the fault lies with MS, Nvidia or both...

CraigVMN, May 8, 2017
  13. Redbatman Win User

New Cumulative Update doesn't fix it either.

Redbatman, May 8, 2017
  14. Uxot Win User
    Sooooo GG? hello microsoft? no update? ugh i should have not updated >*Sad

15. Redbatman Win User
    Yeah Creators needed more testing

Redbatman, Jun 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Brightness Issue after creators update. - Similar Threads - Brightness Issue creators

2. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  3. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  4. Graphics Issues after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Issues after Creators Update: I run 3 monitors with my system: Monitor 1 (HP LE2201w) is driven via graphics card VGA output at 1050x1680 resolution. Monitor 2 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card DisplayPort output at 2560x1440 resolution. Monitor 3 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card...
  5. Brightness issues due to creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness issues due to creators update: Okay so I have made a topic on this in the graphics card forum but now I think this needs to be broaden, so every time I exit a game full screen my brightness goes up a lot and usually I have to go to Nvidia Control Panel and have to put it back to my settings and it usually...
  6. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  7. No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No brightness slider in Action Center after Creators Update: I read that the Creators Update will offer the much-needed brightness slider within the Action Center. However, after the update, I still don't see it. Am I missing something? [img] 81716
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...