Windows 10: Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

Discus and support Brightness slider doesnt change brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever I try to change my brightness the screen brightness just quite simply doesn't change whatsoever. When I adjust my brightness slider in setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DirigoX, Aug 21, 2018.

1. DirigoX Win User

Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

whenever I try to change my brightness the screen brightness just quite simply doesn't change whatsoever. When I adjust my brightness slider in setting nothing happens. This only occurs when my computer is plugged in however the brightness will change when not plugged in. My question is just how do I change my brightness when the computer is plugged in im used to having my screens be somewhat dark so it hurts my eyes.

:)

DirigoX, Aug 21, 2018

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Super Battery Saver with BRIGHTNESS SENSITIVITY SLIDER

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What do you exactly mean by "Brightness slider"? Are you using any software to control brightness?

• Where exactly are you trying to change the brightness?

• Do you want to change the brightness from the lock screen?

• Are you suggesting to have an option to change brightness from the lock screen?

Please get back to us with the information.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 21, 2018
  4. Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Brightness slider doesnt change brightness

1. Brightness slider doesnt change brightness - Similar Threads - Brightness slider doesnt

2. Brightness slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider: The latest update replaces the brightness slider with HDR. My laptop does not support it. Now I can't change the brightness on the screen because the slider is gone. How do I get it back?...
  3. brightness doesnt change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brightness doesnt change: i recently got a new asus laptop and after about 4 days i cant change the screen brightness. I assumed it was the screen itself but it wasn't.when i press the brightness up or down, the brightness slider comes up and the numbers change but not the brightness its self. ive...
  4. brightness doesnt change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brightness doesnt change: i recently got a new asus laptop and after about 4 days i cant change the screen brightness. I assumed it was the screen itself but it wasn't.when i press the brightness up or down, the brightness slider comes up and the numbers change but not the brightness its self. ive...
  5. brightness doesnt change

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. brightness slider

brightness slider: brand new computor out of the box, tried to adjust the brightness slider and nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/8e4678e2-5b2a-48e9-a419-4675e5262856
  7. There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness

There is no brightness slider and it is impossible to change the brightness: I've had this problems before on my old laptop and one day it just magically fixed itself and I don't know how. I just got this new pc and there isn't a slider to change brightness, nor is there an option in the settings. I've tried updating the driver, my monitor is set to...
  8. brightness slider

brightness slider: does the brightness slider in the notification box work for desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/3993d617-f404-4532-b90c-92941d26af92
  9. Brightness slider doesn't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness slider doesn't change brightness: Hello after the recent windows update, my brightness slider is not working anymore. Changing the brightness level in the slider doesn't have any effect on the brightness. I tried restoring my plan settings from mobility center and that increased the brightness levelI dont...
  10. Brightness slider

Brightness slider: I have a brightness slider I the middle of my home screen - how do I remove this please? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-slider/80e42558-aa32-41cf-8473-e928a2275ee0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Brightness and color slider does not change the brightness

2. brightness slider doesnt work

3. win 10 brightness slider doesnt change

4. my brightness moves but doesnt change