Windows 10: Brightness Toggle

Discus and support Brightness Toggle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joelshort, Aug 11, 2015.

1. joelshort Win User

Brightness Toggle

In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle?

:)

joelshort, Aug 11, 2015
  2. Kevin J S Win User

Battery saver brigthness

TomislavRex -

Thank you for posting.

I did some quick testing, and here's what I found.

The difference is not very noticeable, but it did fade when I toggled the "Battery Saver brightness" setting on and off, while Battery Saver was activated. I checked it with brightness on automatic adjustment, as well as on High and Medium. The difference
    was most obvious when on High brightness, but it did dim as expected when the setting was toggled on.

Since you have the brightness set to Automatically Adjust, it's possible that your phone is just already at a low brightness level, so the difference when battery saver activates is negligible. If you change it to High brightness and toggle it on and off,
    do you notice a difference at all?

Let us know your results so we can see what might be going on.

Regards,

Kevin J S, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Display settings

Open Start > Settings > System > Display

Toggle off adaptive brightness

Andre Da Costa, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Brightness Toggle

I think, if I recall, I was able to right click on the brightness button, go to settings and enter / use the slider to a value I wanted to.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 11, 2015
  5. joelshort Win User
    Right clicking on the toggle lets you go directly to the settings menu for the display. From there you can use a slider to adjust to any percentage. However I'm looking for a way to change the toggle options for quicker access. Not a big deal just wondering if it's possible or not.

joelshort, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Brightness Toggle

1. Brightness Toggle - Similar Threads - Brightness Toggle

2. Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...: Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried the update drivers and it doesn't help.The brightness slider is missing....
  3. Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...: Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried the update drivers and it doesn't help.The brightness slider is missing....
  4. How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?: How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-toggling-full-screen-not-set-my/e21c239e-9080-4dac-b3e5-0a3a641ea1bb
  5. How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%?: How do I make toggling full screen not set my brightness to 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-toggling-full-screen-not-set-my/e21c239e-9080-4dac-b3e5-0a3a641ea1bb
  6. Display Brightness toggle is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Brightness toggle is not working: I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same. I suspect it may be because of a update. Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension -...
  7. Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Brightness toggle after the newest update: So before i updated, the windows battery icon had this really nice and easy to access button which allowed to switch between 0, 25, 50 and 100% brightness, and also another button toggle between power saver, balanced and higher perfomance power use, but after i updated...
  8. Brightness toggle doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness toggle doesn't work: Hi all, Ever since I have updated my new laptop (ASUS Zenbook UX430UN) to 1809 from 1803, my brightness toggle doesn't appear to function properly. So far I have noticed that the toggle would work after a restart and will continue to work as long as the laptop doesn't get...
  9. Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing display / toggle for adaptive brightness in windows update 1809: When will be the next update to fix the problem of missing the toggle to turn off the adaptive brightness in windows update 1809? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-display-toggle-for-adaptive-brightness-in/bf9d3952-1caa-4112-a239-3e8335bd2c45
  10. How to toggle between fn keys doing f1-f5 or brightness/volume

in Windows 10 Support
    How to toggle between fn keys doing f1-f5 or brightness/volume: Hello, I own an HP Envy Notebook PC (datasheet here: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site). At the moment, pressing the f1-f2 keys activates their secondary function, so for example turning the brightness/volume up/down. As an avid gamer, using the f-keys is beneficial...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness toggle