Windows 10: Bring back Windows Experience Index!

Discus and support Bring back Windows Experience Index! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 124 votes declined +1 vote Bring back Windows Experience Index! (No Status) → Declined Thank you very much for your feedback and commitment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Indianatone, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Bring back Windows Experience Index!

124 votes declined +1 vote Bring back Windows Experience Index!

(No Status) → Declined

Thank you very much for your feedback and commitment to make Windows better.
    The Windows Experience Index was dropped from Windows 8.1 due to little usage by users. However, you can try the WEI Tool mentioned here to evaluate your PC rating if you like:
    http://www.kapilarya.com/winaero-wei-tool-evaluate-windows-experience-index-on-windows-8-1
    Best regards,
    Windows UserVoice admin

Bring back Windows Experience Index! [​IMG]
    Windows and Windows Phone UserVoice Admin

Admin, Microsoft Windows

So with all the features people are requesting this is one that will not make it back into Windows 10 without the 3rd party tool which Microsoft has pointed out. This is the first item I have heard back on.

:)

Indianatone, Mar 9, 2015

2. Windows Experience Index

Hello Malaz,

I would be happy to assist you.

Windows Experience Index is not part of Windows 10 (not present in Windows 8.1 as well). If you love the feature and want to get Windows Experience Index in Windows 10, you need to use third-party utilities.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any
    problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 9, 2015
  3. Windows Experience Index

After Windows 8.1, WinSAT no longer assess the three-dimensional graphics (gaming) capabilities of the computer and the graphics driver's ability to render objects and execute shaders
    using this assessment. For compatibility, WinSAT report sentinel values for the metrics and scores, however these are not calculated in real time.. Is there any way we can actually measure the real d3d score because at windows 10 it always goes 9.9?

MalazALmasri, Mar 9, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

Bring back Windows Experience Index!

I think this is a lame excuse. The function was very much used by the users - at least as far as I can tell.

5. LittleJay Win User
    Out of curiosity, I ran the WEI when I first installed W7, but it's not a feature that I would miss in W10.

LittleJay, Mar 10, 2015
  6. I always thought it was a good easy way to see if things were going okay with a system,
    If thing's changed new driver/ hardware changed the refresh score would show and see if any good or bad happened *Smile

If someone would ever ask a question about a game... not playing well then a wei score might help someone say yea it's your machine isn't up to snuff.

ThrashZone, Mar 10, 2015
  7. In all seriousness in 8-8.1 how does anyone find anything *Tongue

ThrashZone, Mar 10, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

It's really funny back when this came out in Vista, and then Win 7 it seemed that a good deal of folks couldn't figure out he need for it, and now that Microsoft has decided it to remove it, it is all of a sudden the greatest piece of information in the world for helping others get their sh** together when setting up a new system. . .whatever. . .*Thumbs

9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Mike, You should eeeeaaase your way into 8.1. It is actually a nice system.

For the WEI, there is always winsat. With winsat disk I got this result in W10:

Disk Random 16.0 Read 173.00 MB/s 7.6
    Disk Sequential 64.0 Read 590.07 MB/s 8.2
    Disk Sequential 64.0 Write 128.56 MB/s 7.0
    Average Read Time with Sequential Writes 0.549 ms 7.9
    Latency: 95th Percentile 2.010 ms 7.7
    Latency: Maximum 17.730 ms 7.9
    Average Read Time with Random Writes 0.723 ms 8.5

That's from a virtual machine though. Type winsat /? into cmd, then you know the options. But don't use winsat formal. That will keep you entertained for half an hour.

10. I always thought it was tied to game ratings and what ever wei rated your system was what would play okay :/

ThrashZone, Mar 10, 2015
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Nah, the WEI is just a performance rating of the various components in the system. It really only makes sense if you want to compare one system with another.. Of course if you get high ratings, you know that your system is a good performer.

12. WHS
    whs Win User
    Run these 3 commands. Then you know everything about your system - except graphics.

winsat disk (mine see above)
    winsat mem (mine is appr. 17500 MB/sec)
    winsat cpu -compression (mine is appr. 600 MB/sec)

13. Bring back Windows Experience Index!

Yea I get it's a performance deal and a easy way to see which area the machine might need to be upgraded
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ndex=windows-7
    8.. not having any aero features it was thought to work on any system if the people could stand the look of it *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 10, 2015
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    I know on Newegg reviews it was the one tool everyone with Windows would refer to for comparisons. There were other tools, but WEI was the go to comparison option. On items that needed it, i always listed my WEI stats.

Trust_No1, Mar 10, 2015
  15. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

For over 80% of us I don't think we are the slightest bit interested -- we KNOW if our system is performing acceptably or not. For the rest there are literally ZILLIONS of applications that can measure performance in any number of ways if you are interested in those things.

I'm sure when you get into a Car you KNOW if it's working properly even if you haven't a clue how a car actually works - and probably haven't a clue if you open the lid what all the various bits and pieces are doing. It's only when it's NOT working do you attempt to remedy the defects. IMO that's when you need a diagnostic or sensible warning to confirm your suspicions.

In any case hideously slow graphics for example might be 100% acceptable on a computer basically used for Word processing, email and simple Internet surfing whereas for gaming the graphics processor needs to be top notch - so a "One size fits all" Windows experience measurement is essentially useless in any case.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Bring back Windows Experience Index! - Similar Threads - Bring Experience Index

2. bring back windows phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bring back windows phone: the ui of whatsapp and twitter in windows lapptop is awsome so. why cant they bring windows phone and make a windows store aacesbility like app store with look of windows 11...
  3. Windows Experience Index

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Experience Index: Hello there, Well I ran an Windows Experience Index and my "lowest subscore" is 5.7. All my subscores are : Processor : Calculation per second : 7.1 Memory(RAM) : Memory operations ps(per second) : 5.9 Graphics : Desktop performance for Windows Aero : 5.7 Gaming Graphics: 3D...
  4. Windows Experience Index is 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Experience Index is 0: Hi, Out of curiosity I ran the Windows Experience Index on my newly built computer and everything came back 0. Everything works great so it’s not a big deal but I’m just curious as to why it’s showing 0 for everything? Thank you! submitted by /u/Elurzz88 [link]...
  5. windows experience index

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows experience index: Can I get the windows experience index with windows 10? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-experience-index/474949db-2dd0-4500-9c02-f6465b4e539b
  6. Windows Experience Index ''0" Rating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Experience Index ''0" Rating: Hi I just want to know how I can change or check the WEI Rating of my laptop. This laptop was bought back in 2013 and I have been following all the steps that I searched on google but it gives 0 results for the test. I even tried the poweshell:games but it only shows "This...
  7. Windows Experience Index

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Experience Index: I am using a 950 Pro M.2 v Nand SSD as my primary hard drive why is my base score for this drive only 8.45 I thought this was the fastest SSD john 110950
  8. windows experience index

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows experience index: is there a way to access the windows experience index like on windows 7 on windows 10. kinda would like to see what my HP probook's score would be 50552
  9. Microsoft Won’t Bring Back the Windows Experience Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Won’t Bring Back the Windows Experience Index in Windows 10: Microsoft removed the Windows Experience Index in Windows 8.1 despite the fact that quite a lot of people used it and liked it in Windows 7, and because Windows 10 is a game changer and the company is expected to offer the features that users want, everyone hopes to see this...
  10. What, no more Experience Index points?

in Windows 10 Support
    What, no more Experience Index points?: I hoped Win10 would let me bump up my sad score of 7.8. I almost cried when I saw WEI isn't included. So sad. 2263