Windows 10: Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless'

Discus and support Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When running a multi monitor setup, with the main application (game or program) on the main monitor in fullscreen borderless, in windows 7 you could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lindenkron, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless'

When running a multi monitor setup, with the main application (game or program) on the main monitor in fullscreen borderless, in windows 7 you could simply drag your mouse to the other monitor, and click any window or app on your 2nd monitor and the taskbar would pop up like so:
    http://puu.sh/lFis0/198904b7ba.jpg

However, this is not possible in Windows 10 no matter what I do. After researching for a few hours and even calling a rather useless "Microsoft support" encouraging me to ask on the forum, I now put my last hope in whoever is here.

When you go from your main monitor to your second monitor (clicking it) this is what you get:
    http://puu.sh/lFivG/b69c98abbb.jpg

Meaning you have to use hotkeys or such to get the taskbar to appear. Now when you jump between a ton of windows all the time, this thing that might seem minor, becomes a major hurdle.

Note: It works as it's supposed to when you click on the desktop on the 2nd monitor. Just not any window/program.

Anyone know how to fix this if at all possible? Or am I reverting back to Windows 7? (Please don't suggest things like Alt + Tab etc, I'm not new at windows.)

Best regards,
    -

:)

lindenkron, Nov 30, 2015

2. how do i keep windows 10 taskbar from appearing in fullscreen video and games

Hiding the taskbar like @CourageDog said usually helps unless you have a game with a free cursor that could pop it up accidentally. Be sure to check your game's settings for a fullscreen or borderless fullscreen option. Also doing a quick search for the
    software in question + "Borderless Fullscreen" often provides useful workarounds.

JordanCyre, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    When will Microsoft finally fix the two most annoying gaming problems?

It usually depends entirely on the game or engine used if your cursor will go to the second screen when using borderless fullscreen window. Borderless windows will allow interacting outside the game with no interruption.

Carlo Fer, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless'

Talked to my mate, who says it works for him. Same scenario, CS:GO fullscreen borderless main screen - Browser fullscreened on other monitor. Gives him the taskbar. We also talked about 'search' not locating things like calculators or "mouse"(which is under controlpanel) and having general issues with this. Is this faulty upgrades from X -> Win10 OS?

Just bad microsoft work..?

:/

Best regards,
    -

lindenkron, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless'

1. Bringin up Taskbar clickin a window outside of 'fullscreen borderless' - Similar Threads - Bringin Taskbar clickin

2. My Fullscreen is always borderless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  3. My Fullscreen is always borderless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Fullscreen is always borderless: Even though my settings are saying the game or application is on fullscreen, it is always borderless and causes problems. Even though I checked the settings and it is clearly not on borderless, it always allows my mouse to switch between monitors freely....
  4. Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar keeps showing up in fullscreen: When I'm watching a video in fullscreen, youtube or otherwise, after about 45 minutes my taskbar will pop up. It's fucking annoying. submitted by /u/xKazIsKoolx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uqertb/taskbar_keeps_showing_up_in_fullscreen/
  5. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  6. Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar pop up in fullscreen mode: when im watching youtube ,playing games in full screen mode if my mouse cursor goes to the bottom of the screen the taskbar always pop up ,its so annoying when my character in game looking down then the taskbar will pop up...
  7. Lag when fullscreen or Borderless

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag when fullscreen or Borderless: Some games slows my PC insanely much when fullscreened/borderless. Happens on Forza Horizon 4 and COD warzone. Does not happen i farcry 5? In openhardware and task manager, no recourses are being used until i tab out. Nothing is running hot, it just seems like it does not...
  8. Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar shows up in snap windows and fullscreen: As you can see in the pictures below when i snap a window and try watch it fullscreen as seen in the 2nd picture the resolution is messed up, taskbar shows and the fullscreen is messed up. (The 2nd screenshot may not show it but the sides of the screen show a bit of the...
  9. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...
  10. Taskbar not hiding in borderless games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not hiding in borderless games: When i play some videogame in borderless window format, the taskbar don't hide and i can click on it, if i activate the autohide option it will popup when i tuch the bottom part of the screen with the cursor. Before the last update, it have't done this not one time, i...