Windows 10: Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?

Discus and support Bringing Vista gadgets to 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was wondering if it's possible to bring the gadgets from Vista to 10? I know why they were discontinued but that was for custom gadgets people made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RECONBunny, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?

I was wondering if it's possible to bring the gadgets from Vista to 10? I know why they were discontinued but that was for custom gadgets people made and not Microsofts.

I found this site here: 8GadgetPack - Gadgets for Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 but I wanted to know if any of you have used this and or know another way that is safe or known.

:)

RECONBunny, Feb 11, 2017

2. War between WINDOWS DEFENDER and DESKTOP GADGETS.EXE

I'm sorry to say that your answer isn't helpful at all !! I of course know of the rumor that gadgets are a threat, fortunately not everybody takes for granted whatever Microsoft says !! I've used gadgets since the days of Vista and have never got a malware
    or virus due to gadgets. The only virus I ever got was caused by a Softonic download !

Thanks anyway for your response. <comment removed>

STEPHANE COLLIGNON, Feb 11, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    gadgets

Desktop Gadgets were discontinued after Windows 7 by Microsoft because they were a danger to your system . . .

Gadgets are no longer available because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities.

Microsoft has retired the feature in newer releases of Windows.

Gadgets could be exploited to harm your computer, access your computer's files, show you objectionable content, or change their behavior at any time.

There are however free 3rd party apps out there that will put gadgets on your Windows 10 Desktop . . .

DaveM121, Feb 11, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?

Try searching the forum for "Vista Gadgets", there are a number of related threads about running gadgets.

swarfega, Feb 11, 2017
  5. RECONBunny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bringing Vista gadgets to 10?

1. Bringing Vista gadgets to 10? - Similar Threads - Bringing Vista gadgets

2. Missing Gadget for window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Gadget for window 10: I would like to know on add clock into Desktop for window 10, but Gadget is missing Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  3. 8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 gadget pack, msn weather gadget: Does anyone use the 8 gadget pack? Have used it for a few years as I always liked some of the handy gadgets like MSN weather, scrolling photos and cpu meter. Anyway I noticed on all our machines since yesterday the MSN weather gadget says service is unavailable. Anyone...
  4. Gadget in windows 10

Gadget in windows 10: Are third party gadgets available for windows 10 safe to use ? Since there is no official gadget from microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gadget-in-windows-10/9249991d-75c2-469d-bce6-bdfcf28e5afa
  5. .gadgets

.gadgets: Reinstalled Windows 10 also installed bitdefender internet security 2019 ( two days deleted) now have gadgets installed clicked on small icons and uninstalled them put still have space when I right click desk t.op that says gadgets. went to "turn windows features on off"no...
  6. Please bring back Windows Vista or 7

Please bring back Windows Vista or 7: Hello. Windows Vista was best and most beautiful OS made ever by Microsoft. Vista has ended support in April 2017. Succesor of Vista, Windows 7, was worse, because it was removed avaibility to select visual style and is removed very good programs like Windows Calendar, Photo...
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work: Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my...
  8. Gadgets

Gadgets: Are Gadgets still available in Windows 10? I found out that the 2 folders where Gadgets were stored in 7, are still in 10: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for ALL users C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets = for specified...
  9. Widgets and Gadgets?

Widgets and Gadgets?: Hello Folks, New Member here, . First I would like to thank everyone on these forums that have provided fixes, and answers to this MS New OS called Win10. For Months now I have had nothing but issues getting this OS to install, and work without issues. Win10 Forums has had...
  10. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...