Windows 10: Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other...

Discus and support Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having a heck of a time trying all sorts of things to find out why all my Microsoft items don't update or download or, in any way manage an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelStrong2, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other...

I am having a heck of a time trying all sorts of things to find out why all my Microsoft items don't update or download or, in any way manage an internet connection. IE just says it can't reach the page. Chrome and Firefox find it just fine as do a number of applications I use. Anything works except Microsoft products.

BTW: I'm not able to click on the "Settings" Button directly. I have to right click and do a round-a-bout.

(Note: I am sending this using Chrome because IE just flat stops cold, won't even go directly to the router locally)

I just moved from Kansas City (with Google fiber) to Hays Kansas, This is a new provider (with Nex-Tech on fiber) and a new router (LinkSYS ea8300). This particular machine is a Windows 10 machine. The other two I have are Windows 7 machines and they are fine. IE, updates and so forth work just fine. The laptop is WiFi and both this WIndows 10 desktop and the other Windows 7 desktop are connected via Ethernet to the router.

Here is my hash list set of notes (following) which I wrote as I tried various options and guesses:

Did a network reset. No Change visible.

Could not click on and get a response from the "Settings" button from the main menu (Windows key). Instead had to go to right-click, More, App Settings. Then hit the "home" icon to back into the settings panel.
    From there to "Network Status"
    THEN> Set up a new connection. / Connect to the internet / Create a new connection. / BB PPP0E / and it fails.

The "Get Help App" can't work, again, saying, "It looks like you're not connected to the Internet. Let's fix that.. Start the Network troubleshooter now."
    Been there, several times.
    Winds up with Problems found: Possible Solution: Networking Reset.
    I've done that. Nada.
    Saved diagnostics, but can't find it.

In "Network Connections"
    Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing
    Ethernet: Enabled: NVIDIA nForce Networking

I am connected in this machine with an Ethernet cable to the router.

We couldn't check for updates, because you aren't connected to the Internet. Make sure you have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection and try again.

No network so no updates

No Outlook updates

No sound

Ethernet Connected
    Broadband Blocked

== and trying to use IE gets me this :::
    On starting the browser:

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
    Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: https://www.msn.com
    Search for "https://www.msn.com" on Bing
    Refresh the page
    Details
    There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.
    Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

Can't even get to the router with: http://192.168.1.1 (remember, I am connected via Ethernet cable)
    http://ea8300.home.linksys.com/ui/1.0.99.184925/dynamic/login.html
    Both of which come in just fine in Chrome
    I get the same problem:

Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://192.168.1.1
    Search for "http://192.168.1.1" on Bing
    Refresh the page
    Details
    This website could not be found.

Try this
    Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://ea8300.home.linksys.com
    Search for "http://ea8300.home.linksys.com" on Bing
    Refresh the page
    Details
    There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

I.E. on other machines, both Windows 7
    Laptop, connected via WiFi - works fine, makes the default home (MSN) connection on opening
    Other Desktop, connected via Ethernet - IE accesses the internet just fine.

=====

Except, of course, I am connected. I manage to get out to the internet just fine on the other non-Microsoft browsers and on my Thunderbird email.
    Anything Microsoft, I am totally landlocked, so to speak.

:)

MichaelStrong2, Aug 25, 2018

2. Linx 810 connection to the internet via 3 mi fi mobile broadband device

Hi,

To assist you better with your concern connecting your tablet to the internet using your broadband device, may we know the following:

• Are you able to directly connect your tablet to your broadband device?
    • Do you have a pop-up blocker or anti-virus program active on your tablet?
    • Are there any other device that is connected to your dongle that can connect without any problem?

We'll wait for your reply.

Christian Mart, Aug 25, 2018
  3. How to connect Mobile Broadband device to act as internet access for Ethernet hub?

Hi Gary,

There are some factors that may affect the connection of your Mobile Broadband device to access the Internet. Sometimes, it may be caused by some configuration. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • How are your devices connected to the network? Is it through wireless or wired connection?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other...

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other...

1. Broadband Connection: Unavailable - device missing - no MS programs see the internet, other... - Similar Threads - Broadband Connection Unavailable

2. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  3. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Broadband Connectivity

Broadband Connectivity: Hi. I bought a refurbished computer. The CPU is IntelR CoreTM i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz. I have connected an ethernet cable. I pay a lot of money for very fast broadband. My router has 2.4GHz and 5GHz. With the ethernet cable connection, my computer is only seeing the...
  6. hub/router & other devices not affected but broadband internet keeps dropping only for...

hub/router & other devices not affected but broadband internet keeps dropping only for...: NB: This all happened after the recent win 10 updates to remove Adobe Flash player from the OS, and the hotfix which followed to resolve users suffering BSOD's after initial update....yes i know about that...hence why i posted this here and the fact it's only on my device...
  7. INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND

INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND: please help me i cannot connect to the internet using broadband wi fi i can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-broadband/843bc761-7151-4fa9-8dd9-6717f0d3db6f
  8. Network and Internet | Internet randomly unavailable or missing

Network and Internet | Internet randomly unavailable or missing: Hello, this is an issue I have had for a few months now. When using my computer, randomly, my internet becomes unavailable. I know it is working because 1, if I restart or reconnect the the internet, its fine. And 2, all the other devices in my household does not have this...
  9. Broadband Connection

Broadband Connection: Microsoft have giving me a ref number, put me through to technical department three times each time i was eventually cut off without speaking to anyone. I have made two call back later times and no one has called. So I still have no broadband connection....
  10. Programs that can no longer see an internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs that can no longer see an internet connection: I have Metatrader 4 and Bet Bot Pro version 5 that used to work up to last Thursday afternoon when there was a Windows 10 update that required me to restart my computer . After I went through the restart and update I opened my Metatrader 4 program for Forex Trading it would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. broadband connection device missing

2. dial up connection unavailable device missing windows 10 pc

3. broadband connection unavailable device missing

4. how do.i solve broadband connection unavailable.device.missing