Windows 10: Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal.

Discus and support Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yooooo! I have a Lenovo Y510p with modified BIOS so I could replace the crappy Intel wireless card that came with it (Intel Centrino N2230) for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by superjose, Oct 10, 2015.

1. superjose Win User

Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal.

Yooooo! I have a Lenovo Y510p with modified BIOS so I could replace the crappy Intel wireless card that came with it (Intel Centrino N2230) for an Azurewave - Broadcom 4352. The experience has been good so far, the only problem I'm having is the low wireless signal with the card. I have other laptops that have higher range and strengths on the same place with older cards.

I've tried verifying (and even swapping) the cables and noted no difference. I asked on another forum and they told me that it could be that the card is not receiving enough power, but I have yet to find a settings in the BIOS or in Windows that dwindles its performance. I have recently updated the driver from Lenovo's website and it didn't improve a bit.

Any suggestions to improve the wireless signal? Thanks.

:)

superjose, Oct 10, 2015
  2. Falchard Win User

Microsoft Lumia 950XL issue connecting to Wi-Fi

Usually a Wireless AC router sends out a signal for AC and N, check your router settings.

Falchard, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Can't connect to Wifi, Windows 10, after shutdown

Update, your Broadcom adapter is a card. This card apparently has had a history of problems, I guess you had been lucky until recently.

Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card / problems connecting to WPA-PSK protected network - Dell Community

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN minicard – PROBLEM! - Dell Community

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN mini-card- speed problem - Dell Community

Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card - Dell Community

I found some specs.

https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-...eight-mini-card-network-adapter-series/specs/

Other Broadcom cards can be gotten cheaply however finding drivers for them can be a pain. Broadcom.com is usually of no help as well. Here is a link to some Broadcom cards if your interested.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=broadcom+wireless+card

Check this link for much more information on Dell Broadcom Wireless cards.

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/dell-wireless-cards/#Broadcom

-Richard

RichardEiler, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

Don't have a answer for this one but do you know if the Broadcom is better than the Intel 7260AC?

Almighty1, Oct 12, 2015
  5. superjose Win User
    Yes. I have been told that. The broadcom one supports intel widi

superjose, Oct 16, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    I wonder how does it compare for connection quality though for WiFi... Wonder if Qualcom/Atheros makes one or not? Intel is good for wired NICs but sucks for Wireless.... From what I read, it's actually the Intel 7260 that supports WiDi as that's a Intel technology.

Almighty1, Oct 16, 2015
  7. Broadcom normally has less signal power than Intel and Qualcomm. Don't worry about signal strength since it doesn't translate to real world throughput (e.g. a 3-2 bar Broadcom chip can provide faster throughput than 4-5 bar Intel). I use Marvell 802.11ac rather than the Broadcom/Qualcomm/Intel chip though. As long as throughput is excellent, you don't need to tweak any settings and/or update drivers.

theveterans, Oct 16, 2015
  8. Almighty1 Win User

Trying to find a replacement AC 867mbps Mini-PCIe card for the notebook and not sure what to get..

Almighty1, Oct 16, 2015
  9. @ Almighty

Mini-PCIe interface is getting obsolete so you won't find any good replacement other than Broadcom BCM4352. However, there's another half-size mini-pcie form from Realtek called Realtek RTL8812AE: Realtek RTL8812AE miniCard - WikiDevi

Realtek is well established in the integrated sound department, but I don't know their performance in the wireless department.

On a side note, I really wanted Marvell to provide a dedicated half-size mini-pcie or an NGFF or M.2 since their 802.11ac chip in the Surface is performing really well while giving me NO problems whatsoever (no ping spikes, no low signal strength, etc.)

10. superjose Win User
    Didn't know about this. What is it going to supersede it?

superjose, Oct 16, 2015
  11. NGFF or M.2 socket which ironically still uses the PCIE interface. The difference is that M.2 based chips are smaller than their m-pcie parts.

If you buy a expensive gaming laptops, there's a really good chance that they both include m-pcie with 2x m.2 slots. These days if you buying a slim laptop, it will not include a mini-pcie slot, but rather an M.2 slot (aka NGFF) for WiFi. Good thing is many manufacturers are releasing their latest iteration in this form. At the same time, they may not release anything new for mini-pcie sadly.

12. superjose Win User
    Never knew that they were going to use M.2 or NGFF sockets for it!

superjose, Oct 16, 2015
  13. Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal.

Yep. The latest intel (Intel 7265) is only available on M.2 form

14. Almighty1 Win User
    Hmm, but I thought the OP had problems with the Broadcom, so Broadcom works better than the Intel? How does one tell if one has a half-size or full size card as I noticed there are adapters to make a half-size work in a full size but is it really needed?
    Realtek is established in the networking department, atleast the wired NICs but they don't work as good as Intel. I don't even know if the Atheros N/BT4.0 in my ASUS G74SX notebook is a full size of half-size card. NGFF seems to have adapters to make it work in a Mini-PCIe slot like the one here:
    Amazon.com: Bplus: M2MU2, M.2 (NGFF) to mini PCI-E Adapter: Computers Accessories

Seems like Intel is better than Realtek:
    wireless - Realtek RTL8821AE Wifi driver/alternative - Ask Ubuntu

I can't remember if it was the Realtek or the Broadcom that required a MiniUSB connection?

Is there any difference between the Intel 7265 and the 7260 in terms of performance?

Seems like from Amazon, many said the Intel 7260 is not reliable as it has dropouts compared to the Broadcom.

My Atheros only does 65Mbps N.

Almighty1, Oct 18, 2015
  15. Almighty1 Win User
Thema:

1. Broadcom 4352 AC card, low wireless signal. - Similar Threads - Broadcom 4352 card

2. Wifi Network Low Signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Low Signal: Hi,I have Dell inspiron 15 5537 issue is catching wifi signals only one bar. Please help me about this issue.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-low-signal/aaceda4e-ca37-4791-8330-beac0e2512a8
  3. Wifi Network Low Signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Low Signal: Hi,I have Dell inspiron 15 5537 issue is catching wifi signals only one bar. Please help me about this issue.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-low-signal/aaceda4e-ca37-4791-8330-beac0e2512a8
  4. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  5. Intell wireless AC 9260

Intell wireless AC 9260: How do i fix Error Intel R Wireless - AC 9260 160hz Adapter on the driver or hardware. I cant get on my Wifi in which i know is working on my other devices. Im windows 10 new Lenovo Yoga c930 laptop. Never had an issue - use norton antivirus....
  6. Anybody used Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card?

Anybody used Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card?: As per the thread - anybody? Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card AzureWave DW 1550 -W32 | eBay I'm interested in this chappy as I might have to consider replacing otherwise perfect Intel's AC-7260HMB that I installed nearly 4 years ago in my trusty SONY...
  7. Anybody used Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card?

in Windows 10 News
    Anybody used Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card?: As per the thread - anybody? Broadcom BCM94352HMB Dual Band AC Wireless WiFi BT Card AzureWave DW 1550 -W32 | eBay I'm interested in this chappy as I might have to consider replacing otherwise perfect Intel's AC-7260HMB that I installed nearly 4 years ago in my trusty SONY...
  8. broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    broadcom 802.11n Wireless SDIO adapter: I opened a thread about this in January of last year. That thread is now locked. I followed all the advice given at the time, but nothing worked. For quite some time I have not had time to deal with this. Apparently a few others found these same drivers and they did...
  9. Faulty Broadcom Network card

Faulty Broadcom Network card: HP laptop. Turns out that the broadcom wi fi card is faulty, this discussing with hp support. have gone down the usb route . The problem I have is uninstalling the old card or whatever form it takes. I uninstall/ or disable delete drivers , then every restart the ruddy thing...
  10. low wireless signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    low wireless signal: where do I go to find out what is causing the low wireless signal it says weak due to distance and interface. have never had this problem before.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/low-wireless-signal/383c5b3e-2cb2-4d0f-b31d-8f5b29e125b7