Windows 10: Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10

Discus and support Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and the upgrade went pretty smoothly. Everything seemed okay when it completed and I was using it for an hour or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hapiper, Aug 14, 2015.

1. hapiper Win User

Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10

I tried the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 and the upgrade went pretty smoothly. Everything seemed okay when it completed and I was using it for an hour or more. Then I went off to do some stuff and when I came back and the computer woke up I suddenly had no network connections at all. I checked a bunch of stuff until I noticed my network adapter showed disabled, I reenabled it with no problem and the network started working again, but the next time I went to use my computer it was disabled again, since then it has disabled it right in the middle of me working on the net. Sometime I have had to reboot to get it working again but inevitably it gets disabled again. I am going to go back to win7 unless there is a known solution to this.

:)

hapiper, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Pat L_M Win User

Windows 10 notification "This app can't run on this PC Broadcom 802.11..."

I typed "WLTRAY.EXE" in the search field and that program triggered the same notification that happens on boot up. I then googled the error and read that it is an unnecessary program. It suggested uninstalling the "Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter Wireless
    Network Adapter" to get rid of the problem.

Instead I disabled the Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter Wireless Network Tray Applet in the Startup list of the Task Manager and that stopped the annoying compatibility warning message on boot up. Wireless is still working. I'll keep monitoring this forum
    to see if any better suggestions are provided by Microsoft.

Pat L_M, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Kururunfa Win User
    Windows 10 - WiFi problem

Try to disable your Broadcom Ethernet adapter/driver then WIFI will work again,

Could not get my WIFI to work since build 15031, but disabling in my case the Broadcom 440x /0/100 integrated Controller.

Many people have problems now with Broadcom related network issues, not matter what Broadcom it is, just try disabling it.

Kururunfa, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10

1. Broadcom Network adapter keeps getting disabled by Win10 - Similar Threads - Broadcom Network adapter

2. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  3. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter keeps disabling: Hello, I've had this problem with my wireless network adapter for a few months. I got this laptop in March 2021, it's basically brand new. The wifi adapter randomly keeps disabling itself, it all starts with losing connection and I can only see my home wifi connection on the...
  4. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.: I was having couple of problems with my pc which I had mentioned them all in my previous question that I had asked, can you please check that all, after that only try to answer my question, I will provide the link just below of this line. my previous question where I had...
  6. Broadcom 802.11g network adapter - Better/latest adapter?

Broadcom 802.11g network adapter - Better/latest adapter?: Hello, My old laptop has this wireless LAN adapter which I want to replace with a better/latest receiver supporting latest protocol. Kindly suggest me great products. Also, should I go with a combo Wireless LAN/Bluetooth receiver instead?...
  7. problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter: Hey guys, when problem with problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter will be fixed??? I paid for windows 10, and now my PC cant use internet because u do updates, that destroy good device drivers!!! if problem not resolved soon! i will create actions against you!!! I...
  8. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  9. Network adapter keeps disabling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps disabling: I have explored all of the solutions offered to prevent my network adapter from disabling itself, but with no success. I run Windows 10 Home Edition with automatic updates but, for example, when accessing the device manager I find no mention of a network adapter so I clearly...
  10. Broadcom network adapter 802.11n

Broadcom network adapter 802.11n: Hello I am not having network issues but, when I run Macrium Reflect it says, "Click here to update the network adapter." It seems to sense my network adapter is not adequate to use a network if I were to choose to do so. Is this an indication my Windows 10 Pro has a...