Windows 10: Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device

Discus and support Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an iogear GBU321 usb bluetooth adapter that worked great under windows 7. When I upgraded to Win 10, it installed as a human interface device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobtongue, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bobtongue Win User

Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device

I have an iogear GBU321 usb bluetooth adapter that worked great under windows 7. When I upgraded to Win 10, it installed as a human interface device and now has no bluetooth capability. I uninstalled the original, driver and reinstalled drivers for win 8.1 (couldn't find a win 10 driver). The driver installed fine but it still comes up as a human interface device instead of a bluetooth device. Does anyone have a clue about what I can do to resolve this issue?

:)

bobtongue, Oct 12, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Heart Rate Montitor Support for Windows phones?

It is because Windows Phone does not yet support Human Interface Device, the Bluetooth profile required for such devices.

Entegy, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    Windows phone 7 bluetooth problem

Nope. I think that Bluetooth profile is called Human Interface Device Profile? WP7 doesn't support that yet.

Entegy, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device

Does it not install the BT icon in the systray? it may be hiding, clicking this starts the configuration wizard.

Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device [​IMG]

Torquemada, Oct 12, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    There should be a separate Bluetooth entry in Device Manager and maybe a Control Panel entry. My Notebooks with built-in Bluetooth have both entries with the software from the manufacturer but my Desktop with a third-party USB Bluetooth dongle has only the Device Manager listing, no additional software added.
    Attachment 42579

Berton, Oct 12, 2015
  6. bobtongue Win User
    No bluetooth icon in the systray, no bluetooth devices in device manager. When I plug in the adapter it adds three entries to the device manager,
    HID-compliant consumer control device, USB human interface device, and USB input device, all found under the Human interface devices section.
    If I go to settings and look at connected devices, there is no entry for bluetooth.
    The broadcom device driver says it installs correctly and exits without error. If I go to the WIDCOMM directory where the files were installed, BTStackServer.exe, Bluetooth headset Helper.exe, BtwHfConfig.exe, and BtwIEProxy.exe have icons that are all grayed out and cannot be run.

bobtongue, Oct 12, 2015
  7. jk9401 Win User
    Did you ever solve this problem? I have the exact same issues - installed on Windows 10 OK, but no bluetooth icon.
    Thanks

jk9401, Oct 27, 2015
  8. bobtongue Win User

I was in contact with iomega support and they said they were aware of the issue and were trying to decide whether to release drivers for Windows 10. In other words, it isn't going to work. I solved it by rolling back to Windows 7 and everything worked great. The only option under windows 10 was to buy a new bluetooth. But they did apologize for my inconvenience. *Wink

bobtongue, Oct 27, 2015
  9. spapakons Win User
    Some Bluetooth devices can work with the ITV BlueSoleil software. The only problem with that is you can use the Bluetooth only from their software. No other application can see or use the Bluetooth because of the non-standard drivers installed. But if you don't mind that, install it and see if it works. If not just uninstall it.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Broadcomm bluetooth installed as human interface device - Similar Threads - Broadcomm bluetooth installed

2. All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Human Interface devices suddenly stopped working: It just happened out of the blue. Every device stopped working for no apparent reason. Nor Bluetooth or Wired. When I open the windows settings and go to “Devices”, every single device says the same thing; “driver error”. I have tried uninstalling all of them and restarting...
  3. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  4. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Human Interface Device Service Missing: After trying to set my ram to its factory speed in my motherboard bios, I had my PC bluescreen on me. This was no big deal, and after restoring my default ram settings I was able to boot into windows just fine. However, a side affect of the BSOD was that I lost use of my...
  5. Human Interface Device Service Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Code 19 error on Human Interface Devices

Code 19 error on Human Interface Devices: Please help me someone as now my mouse and Bluetooth devices are not working suddenly and in device manager under the human interface devices it shows error code 19 for many option under it please help I don't know what caused this issue...
  7. Human Interface Device . USB Input device Driver Error.

Human Interface Device . USB Input device Driver Error.: Hello i have a problem with me mouse. I was in a online school hour and when i wanted to move a folder me mouse has been stoped. I thinked the mouse was brooken then i bought new one. After i got it i tried to get it in port. Hmmmmm. Still no function. After many hours...
  8. Human Interface Touchscreen Device

Human Interface Touchscreen Device: My touchscreen is damaged and is unusable. I have uninstalled the Human Interface Touchscreen device manager. However, the last three times I have restarted my computer the Human Interface Touchscreen has been re-installed on my computer. Which takes me about 20 minutes to...
  9. ETD HSA DEVICE (Human Interface Devices)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ETD HSA DEVICE (Human Interface Devices): There is a yellow exclamation mark on the ETD HSA Device (under Human interface Devices). The device is updated and up to date according to windows. I have no idea what is this or how to fix it. Appreciate any help. submitted by /u/crownforces [link] [comments]...
  10. Human Interface Devices Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Human Interface Devices Missing: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521 laptop. Recently, this machine has been acting strangely. So much so that I have rebuilt the OS (sanitized the disk and performed a clean Windows 10 install) several times in the last week. However, it always reverts back to its previous...