Windows 10: Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

Discus and support Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi everyone, My ati graficscard in my hp notebook broke (probably overheated at one point). While I was using windows 7 there was no problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Waterbalon, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

Hi everyone,

My ati graficscard in my hp notebook broke (probably overheated at one point). While I was using windows 7 there was no problem starting my laptop b/c I just deinstalled the driver of that card. Since i upgraded to Windows 10 it alwaYs reinstalls the driver. When the driver is installed my laptop crashes (bluescreen ati.sys error). How can I prevent Windows from installing the driver at all? I already tried deactivating it in safemode but it crashes anyway after some time.
    Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

:)

Waterbalon, Jan 3, 2017

2. How do I stop Win10 updating my graphics drivers

How do I stop this from happening.

I'm using an AMD R7 card and the latest drivers are pretty unstable with some games. The solution is easy enough, simply roll back to the older driver.

However it seems Win10 keeps updating these drivers and is causing a lot of issues for me at the moment.

How do I stop this from happening?

From what I have read on the net, this is not a unique problem.

Dave_South, Jan 3, 2017
  3. tommeek Win User
    Win10 downgrade

I recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 but my internet explorer kept stopping to work.

I reverted to win8.1 but I keep getting prompts to install Win10 and on updates Win10 is ticked to install all the time.

How can I remove this annoying Win10 intrusion.

tommeek, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

Welcome to TenForums @Waterbalon

Have you tried going into Device Manager and selecting Disable rather than Uninstall?

Bree, Jan 3, 2017
  5. Yea that's what I mean with deactivate *Wink. It worked for a bit but crashed after some time. I could only get windows working again after uninstalling it in safemode.

Waterbalon, Jan 3, 2017
  6. lifetec Win User
  7. CountMike New Member
    Can't you disable it in BIOS ?

CountMike, Jan 5, 2017
  8. Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

TairikuOkami, Jan 5, 2017
  9. lifetec Win User
    lifetec, Jan 5, 2017
  10. Carsomyr Win User
    If you go here and download Display Driver Uninstaller (Topic with most recent version is pinned at the top of the forum) and then run it, It will not only uninstall the current driver but will block windows from installing ANY graphics drivers. I use it every time I need to reinstall fresh drivers because it reboots into safe mode, cleans the system and registry of all files related to the old driver, then reboots. Everybody over on Geforce Forums uses it too, it isn't one of those flaky 3rd party programs.

Carsomyr, Jan 8, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Unfortunately most Notebooks have only the one display adapter on the motherboard although there are a few that may have two. Disabling in the BIOS would usually leave the Notebook without any video but having an HDMI port may be different, haven't tried that. The key combination of Fn and an Fx key toggles between the display panel and the port or both at the same time but again don't know if there's a separate controller.

Berton, Jan 9, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Yes but this one obviously has two adapters, One is on the processor and another dedicated GPU.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver?

1. Broken card how to stop win10 from installing driver? - Similar Threads - Broken card stop

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?: The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I have tried hiding the updates, blocking them, pausing the update, etc. but windows still keeps on reverting my graphics card...
  5. How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows from keep on installing graphics card driver over and over?: The latest intel graphics card version for me is 31.0.101.2111 but windows update keeps trying to install the previous driver version over and over. I have tried hiding the updates, blocking them, pausing the update, etc. but windows still keeps on reverting my graphics card...
  6. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  7. Graphics card broken or error during installation?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card broken or error during installation?: Hello, Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the bios is already switched to PCI-Express, but the existing VRAM is added to the onboard graphics memory. The graphics card is not...
  8. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?: Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked. Windows Update insists on automatically...
  9. how to stop automatic charge to my master card from driver support.com?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop automatic charge to my master card from driver support.com?: How do I stop a monthly charge to my credit card for driver support. I never gave permission for monthly payments nor did their support fix my problem....
  10. How To Run MSI From Command Prompt on Broken Win10 ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How To Run MSI From Command Prompt on Broken Win10 ?: I have a broken win10 install and it seems to be missing the BCD. I ran across boyans.net utility visualbcdeditor and downloaded it to see if it could help me. It is an msi file. I am looking at the sick OS via a Repair Install USB I made. Tried all the repair...