Windows 10: Broken Context menu Windows 10

Discus and support Broken Context menu Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Does anyone know why this is happening? Since This happens on both of my windows 10 computers, I doubt my installs are broken....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timmy112, Sep 11, 2015.

1. timmy112 Win User

Broken Context menu Windows 10

Hi there,

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Since This happens on both of my windows 10 computers, I doubt my installs are broken....

Broken Context menu Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edit: This only happens with windows explorer, other programs like paint, chrome, ect are fine...
    Edit 2: Right clicking on my computer somewhat seemed to fix it, but there is still missing text...

:)

timmy112, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 11, 2015
  3. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

I've mentioned here previously that that theme is broken. Now that Insider beta build 10532 is out, people can start to see why, as users of that theme have broken display of the new "dark" themed context menus. The methodology recommended on that site
    is broken and will cause problems.

Insider build 10525 flips the font to white on dark Win32 unthemed title bars. That's not nearly what you're asking about, but seems like a step in the right direction.

Generally speaking, the system doesn't support a dark theme at this point in time. The theme hack suggestion is fairly broken and would be expected to cause problems. As a case in point, it breaks the new dark context menus that just debuted in 10525.

zachd [MSFT], Sep 11, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Broken Context menu Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Broken Context menu

2. Windows 10 Start menu broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start menu broken: We have a few machines where the start menu is just broken, clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows key does nothing, which makes the system pretty difficult to use. There used to be a Start Menu Troubleshooter tool, however this has now been removed and...
  3. Context Menu Broken

Context Menu Broken: So fairly recently when I right clicked on the desktop and selected any option the option started getting stuck on the screen. After the option gets stuck right clicking again doesn't get stuck. I know it will do this because the context menu will be grayed out until I move...
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  5. Context menu on the desktop

Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  6. Context Menu Fonts

Context Menu Fonts: Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update. Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are...
  7. Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu: Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The other modern apps also have larger context menu as compared to windows. Thanks 61098
  8. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...
  9. Context Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Problem: When I right-click on an executable, the context menu shows "%1 %* instead of Run. [img] The executable runs when I click "%1 %* I searched the registry but could not find a "%1 %* value. I have no idea how this happened. How can I change it back to Run. Thanks for...
  10. Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu ?: Has anyone sorted out (Copy To Folder and Move To Folder) in Windows 10 yet ? *Smile 2079