Windows 10: Broken Context menu Windows 10

Discus and support Broken Context menu Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, Does anyone know why this is happening? Since This happens on both of my windows 10 computers, I doubt my installs are broken....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by timmy112, Sep 11, 2015.

1. timmy112 Win User

Broken Context menu Windows 10

Hi there,

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Since This happens on both of my windows 10 computers, I doubt my installs are broken....

Broken Context menu Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edit: This only happens with windows explorer, other programs like paint, chrome, ect are fine...
    Edit 2: Right clicking on my computer somewhat seemed to fix it, but there is still missing text...

:)

timmy112, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 11, 2015
  3. How do I change the Font Color to white? of the Title bar Windows 10

I've mentioned here previously that that theme is broken. Now that Insider beta build 10532 is out, people can start to see why, as users of that theme have broken display of the new "dark" themed context menus. The methodology recommended on that site
    is broken and will cause problems.

Insider build 10525 flips the font to white on dark Win32 unthemed title bars. That's not nearly what you're asking about, but seems like a step in the right direction.

Generally speaking, the system doesn't support a dark theme at this point in time. The theme hack suggestion is fairly broken and would be expected to cause problems. As a case in point, it breaks the new dark context menus that just debuted in 10525.

zachd [MSFT], Sep 11, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Broken Context menu Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Broken Context menu

2. Windows 11 legacy context menu is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 legacy context menu is broken.: When I right click and go to more options this is what I get:It was also what showed up for Premiere Pro up until today, when nothing shows up. I can still use the arrow keys to navigate the invisible context menu, but can't see it.I don't have a high contrast theme turned...
  3. Windows 11 legacy context menu is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 legacy context menu is broken.: When I right click and go to more options this is what I get:It was also what showed up for Premiere Pro up until today, when nothing shows up. I can still use the arrow keys to navigate the invisible context menu, but can't see it.I don't have a high contrast theme turned...
  4. Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!: Guys,Within my Organization , Several users are facing a issue.Windows10 Right Click Context Menu hangs a lot. Hovering mouse on a file & when we Right Click....system hangs of its own for quite some time. It takes almost 15 sec. for Right Click menu to come up.Also, I...
  5. windows 10 context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 context menu: Windows 10.The "new" item disappeared from the context menu. Based on internet recommendations, I modified the registry:HKEY_CLASSES-ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\newthe "default" value was modified by adding:{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}Now I...
  6. Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.

Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.: Do you remember the classic context menu in Windows? i have it. and it would not change from the registry keys. and i do not believe 3rd party softwares, because they were all unknown publishers. right now, my context menu is in classic style, now i only can wait for a new...
  7. Broken context menu scaling with containing images

Broken context menu scaling with containing images: Our shell extension extends the context menu of the Windows explorer to show a preview image for our application specific files. If the display scale is set to a value greater 100% the only the text of the first context menu entry is scaled and the context menu itself does...
  8. Windows 10 disk management right-click context menu broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 disk management right-click context menu broken: So I've searched up similar questions, and found one from 2016 for windows 7 But basically, I have some free space on my disk from a resized ubunu partition and i wanted to add it to my current windows partition, however, when i open windows disk management and right click...
  9. Context Menu Broken

Context Menu Broken: So fairly recently when I right clicked on the desktop and selected any option the option started getting stuck on the screen. After the option gets stuck right clicking again doesn't get stuck. I know it will do this because the context menu will be grayed out until I move...
  10. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu context menu on Windows 10: Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues. 1. I can't get rid of Open file location when...