Windows 10: Broken File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

Discus and support Broken File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.483. About 2 weeks ago, after restarting my PC, I got 0x80070035 when accessed shared folder. It was fine the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wedus10, Jul 31, 2017.

1. wedus10 Win User

Broken File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

I have Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.483. About 2 weeks ago, after restarting my PC, I got 0x80070035 when accessed shared folder. It was fine the day before I restarted my PC. I tried most of things mentioned about 0x80070035, like checking advance sharing services, TCP/IP netbios stuff, SMB on windows features, some of registry stuff, network reset, etc, but none of them working.

Then I found a solution that is working for me: disable and re-enable File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on my ethernet properties. But everytime I restarted my PC, the problem came back. So I need to disable and re-enable it again after every restart. I tried uninstall and reinstall the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, but no luck. I even tried reinstall it using the INF from other PC.

Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling windows? Reinstalling all my apps will took days and I need to use my PC for work.

:)

wedus10, Jul 31, 2017

2. File and printer sharing for microsoft networks

HEY TEAM YESTERDAY WHILE SETTING UP A NETWORK FOR MY SON I ACCIDENTALY UNINSTALLED THE FILE AND NETWORK SHARING OPTION DIRECTLY WHILE I WAS ON THE PROPERTIES FOR THE ACTUAL NETWORK. DID I ACCIDENTLY JUST SCREW MY COMPUTER OVER I CANT SEEM TO GET THE COMMAND
    PROMPT TO REANBLE THIS OPTION AND I RAN IT THROUGH AS AND ADMINISTARTOR. ALSO IF THERE IS A WAY TO RE INSTALL IT. IM NOT A TECH SAVY GUY HERE JUST WORRIED IF THIS ACTUALLY WILL CAUSE ANY PARTICULAR ISSUES FOR HIS PC

CESAR1503714VARGAS, Jul 31, 2017
  3. Mick-Chan Win User
    File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks need to disable and enable again every reboot

Hi All,

A weeks before, my workstation suddenly cannot share any files and folder to the network, as I check, the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks is Enable, as the Picture below

Broken File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks [​IMG]

Don't know why the Description show @netcfgx.dll,-50003

I have use sfc /scannow check, no problem found

And I use the command netstat -n -a

The ports for File sharing are not on the list

the workstation can remote by other PCs and read/write other PC's share folder, only cannot share to others, I try the Windows 10 reset Network function , uninstall Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks, then reinstall
    them, no luck, still cannot share to the intranet, I try disable the firewall and anti-virus, also cannot.

Finally, I found if I just disable the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks in Network Properties and enable it again, the workstation can share the folder to the intranet till reboot.

After reboot, problem resume, I need to disable and re-enable the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks again.

Please Help!, how can I solve it

Mick-Chan, Jul 31, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Try uninstalling the printer, reboot. As for repairing Windows, there is a way to do a non-destructive repair.

bro67, Aug 1, 2017
  5. wedus10 Win User
    Thank you for your reply, but my problem is not with printer, I don't even installed any printer on my PC.

The problem is I can't access shared folder on this PC from other devices, and give me Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found when I tried to access it from this PC or using \\IPaddress, unless I disable and re-enable File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on my ethernet properties after every restart. I'm trying to find a way to fix it so I don't have to do that everytime I restart my PC.

wedus10, Aug 1, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey wedus10,
    If you haven't already ....
    Check Control Panel > Network & Sharing to see if your Network is set to Private.
    Check Settings > Network & Internet > Wifi or Ethernet > Manage Known Networks > Click on your current Network > Properties > Make this PC Discoverable.
    Check Services and make sure that TCP/IP Netbios Helper is running.

Eagle51, Aug 1, 2017
  7. wedus10 Win User
    Thanks Eagle51, I have checked but it's already like that:
    • Network is private
    • Make this PC Discoverable is turned on
    • TCP/IP Netbios Helper is running
    I have tried to change those and turning it back to that again, but the problem is still persist.

wedus10, Aug 1, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Are your running any 3rd party firewall ?
    If not disable Windows Firewall > Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall On/Off
    I'd also check Services > Windows Firewall > Running & Startup is Automatic

Are you using DCHP or Static IP ?
    Long shot, but maybe IP changed *Smile

Can you access the share using \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME ?

Eagle51, Aug 1, 2017
  9. wedus10 Win User
    No, I don't use any 3rd party firewall. I have tried to turn it off but no luck. Yes, the services is running and on automatic.

I'm using static IP. I have tried to change it to DHCP too, but I changed it back to static because it's still not working.

Accessing \\COMPUTERNAME\SHARENAME give me the same "network path was not found" after restarts. It's only working after I disable and re-enable File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks on my ethernet properties again.

wedus10, Aug 1, 2017
  10. bro67 Win User
    If you are using the latest version of Windows 10, it is known that Microsoft broke SMB/CIFS. I have to set a Windows Credential for the NAS that we have in our house and then when I need to map a main folder, I have to go by IP. No one has yet to post a work around on how to fix Microsoft's major screwup on this.

bro67, Aug 3, 2017
  11. wedus10 Win User
    I see. So, even if I reinstall windows, the same problem might occur again with latest version of windows 10? Nothing can be done then. *Sad

wedus10, Aug 3, 2017
  12. bro67 Win User
    If you reinstall windows, it is still not going to fix the fact that Microsoft broke their product starting with Anniversary. You can do like I did and put in the login credentials for the share, or map the share. I have our NAS mapped as one item and my wife's personal share on the NAS as another that I can monitor the drive space by looking at what her connected share shows.

What is funny is that our Brother Laser, the Plex server, HDHomerun, a app that runs on our NVIDIA Shield for Airplay, the router, the physical login to the NAS, but not the SMB shares.

I spent more time in the past two days since I had to upgrade the CPU on the desktop, along with a Migraine from searching and using tools to try and fix this mess on Windows 10, than I have had to deal with on my MacBook. For granted that I broke MacOS on my Macbook and could just go in and do a over the network to Apple's servers to download and install the OS, just makes things a whole lot easier than having to install Windows, wait for hours for all of the updates, then reboot. Where as Apple updates the latest image that gets pushed out when you choose that method and you are up and running in about 30 minutes, while iCloud is doing its magic in reinstalling everything else.

Even Linux has gotten to be a huge headache like Windows 10, in that SMB/CIFS does not work properly on it.

bro67, Aug 4, 2017
  13. Steve C Win User

I just found this thread via search. Are you really saying we can't establish simple file/folder sharing via TCP/IP over a private network? I know I'm having problems.

Steve C, Nov 23, 2017
  14. wedus10 Win User
    Ah, my problem got solved since latest update, the fall creators update.

wedus10, Nov 23, 2017
  15. rdriskell Win User
    I am having the exact problem on Windows 1709. 1703 machines seem to work but 1709 does not. Uncheck and recheck File and Printer sharing fixes this until you reboot. Do you happen to know EXACTLY which patch fixed this issue for you ?

Thanks

rdriskell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks - Similar Threads - Broken File Printer

2. printer on shared network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer on shared network: I have just updated Window 11, after updating the window, I am unable to add printer shared on network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-on-shared-network/3b1ac14f-dca7-473a-9590-663d80e24a9d
  3. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  4. sharing a printer on network

sharing a printer on network: I'm trying to connect a secondary computer to the primary one but I get the error message:Windows can't communicate with the device or resource SOMERSETASPIRE.The computer or service you are trying to reach might be temporarilyunavailable. If the device or resource is nearby...
  5. sharing a printer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  7. Network shared printers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network shared printers.: And so following the latest updates to Windows 21H1 networked computers are no longer able to access shared printers on the network. Can be 'seen' but cannot be connected to or used.~So just when is this major issue to be fixed?And don't come on here and tell me there is a...
  8. Network shared printers.

9. Network file and printer sharing will not stay on

Network file and printer sharing will not stay on: I have a desktop running Windows 10. Some time back I began to be unable to be seen by, or access, other computers on my home network. I checked setting in control panel and found "file and printer sharing" were turn off. When I tried to turn them on, they would be back to...
  10. Printer sharing on network

Printer sharing on network: I have a new MFC installed on a network computer but connected via USB. The printer is set up to share and I can connect and print from another desktop on a wired network. However, I can not load the printer utilities and remotely configure the MFC. The error message says the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file and printer sharing

2. why is file sharing broken in windows

3. from what file of the broken windows can we know the printer