Windows 10: Broken gamebar

Discus and support Broken gamebar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Gamebar doesn't record my friend's voice in a discord call, I also got updated drivers and not one DAMN thing works! Forums also useless.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IcyReaper, Aug 1, 2018.

1. IcyReaper Win User

Broken gamebar

Gamebar doesn't record my friend's voice in a discord call, I also got updated drivers and not one DAMN thing works! Forums also useless.

:)

IcyReaper, Aug 1, 2018

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Broken gamebar 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Broken gamebar

Gamebar process problem

This **** runs in the background even if you uninstall Xbox app and have everything turned off it's a consistent pain in the ass that I have to kill the process every time I'm gaming because it eats my framerate when I've never used it or want to use it.

DavidSischo, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Broken gamebar

1. Broken gamebar - Similar Threads - Broken gamebar

2. Search Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Broken: When ever I press windows key and type my app name to search nothing just happen and edge is highlighted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-broken/d038d244-82fc-4d85-9887-06a3d5c930eb
  3. Search Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Broken: When ever I press windows key and type my app name to search nothing just happen and edge is highlighted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-broken/d038d244-82fc-4d85-9887-06a3d5c930eb
  4. My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?: I use a Samsung S20 phone but my phone fell and my screen is bad totally blank, but still on. I didn't fully complete my Phone Link set up earlier, so I'm unable to access my phone settings to allow the permissions needed for me for me to able to view my screen from my PC. Is...
  5. My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?

My phone screen is broken and blank, can I still the Phone Link on my PC?: I use a Samsung S20 phone but my phone fell and my screen is bad totally blank, but still on. I didn't fully complete my Phone Link set up earlier, so I'm unable to access my phone settings to allow the permissions needed for me for me to able to view my screen from my PC. Is...
  6. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  7. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  8. My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My GameBar is completely broken & I need help fixing it: My problems started when I followed Windows official guide on how to change the location of my captures folder, (from C: to D:) Basically this ended up not working at all, and instead caused a few major issues surrounding GameBar. One of my problems is that when I moved the...
  9. xbox gamebar broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    xbox gamebar broken: I was using my laptop as normal when a pop up suddenly said "xbox gamebar is currently not available". I tried to fix it by updating and restarting and googled for some help, which ended with my uninstalling the gamebar through powershell. However, instead of resolving the...
  10. Windows 10 Gamebar, screen record broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Gamebar, screen record broken: I installed the update for windows 10, the update updated the Xbox Gamebar's UI. The update has blocked my mic input into the screen recorder service. The app claims that my privacy settings are blocking my mic, but my settings are not. How do I fix this?...