Windows 10: Broken Maill and Calendar App

Discus and support Broken Maill and Calendar App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone just a small issue I hope someone can figure it I have been at it for a couple of hours now, my Mail and calendar app do not open they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by briand88, Feb 7, 2017.

1. briand88 Win User

Broken Maill and Calendar App

Hi everyone just a small issue I hope someone can figure it I have been at it for a couple of hours now, my Mail and calendar app do not open they flicker on the screen and vanish instantly as I click to open them.

Strangely Mail and calendar does ask for an update if I got to store, I click update it locks up at 782.1kb of the download and I get an error in the box you click on to update it states, Error - see details, I click the box and I get this. Try that again something went wrong the error code is 0x80070003 in case you need it.

I cannot uninstall the app it does not show in my list of installed apps.

I also tried to remove it via power shell which I ran as admin only to get this error thrown up -

PS C:\Windows\system32> Remove-AppxPackage microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.7812.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.
    error 0x80070003: Reading manifest from location: AppxManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find the path
    specified.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 02c92aff-8187-0002-3df5-c9028781d201 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 02c92aff-8187-0002-3df5-c9028781d201
    At line:1 char:1
    + Remove-AppxPackage microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.7812.42251. ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (microsoft.windo...__8wekyb3d8bbwe:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOExceptio
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

I have also tried powershell command to REMOVE all windows 10 base apps and it throws up some errors I then tried the command to REINSTALL all windows 10 base apps restart the system but to no avail.

I also tried manually deleting the file from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.7812.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe < DELETED THIS FILE

I then re download the update the folder re appears and starts adding files in but again locks up at 762.1Kb and I get the error all over again.

I have tried restarting the system during all the phases above but I cannot for the life of me figure this out!

I however do not want to go down the route of creating a new user and transferring files from one account to the other more hassle than its worth I have ALOT of stuff on this user, just one of those petty things that really get on my nerves lol,

help would be much appreciated.

Brian

:)

briand88, Feb 7, 2017

2. Nokia Belle Email: I want a Small Widget like the one I had it on Anna OS

Thanks phonehacker.

This is a Yahoo Maill App but it's a .jad app and no has widget to install it ..... :-(

What kind of programm I need to create my own widgets ???

luisvalino, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 MAIL WILL NOT SYNC!

Hi Jim,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Is the Emails are not sync on Windows 10 mail app?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

If the issue is related to sync email in Mail app, I suggest you to remove and read the Email account in Windows Maill app and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

You can uninstall the Mail & Calendar apps if you have Classic Shell installed. You just right click the app then choose uninstall. reinstall them again from the Store to see if they work. You can also reset apps in the latest version of Windows.

Steve C, Feb 7, 2017
  5. briand88 Win User
    How do I install classic shell? Also I would need to check what version of windows I have installed I tried the anniversary update a good few months ago and it hung at 80% for hours and hours I'm sure I left it over night and it still didn't move so I just restarted the computer and it reverted back to the the older build of windows and when I check for updates now it says I'm up to date I can't for the life of me remember what version I'm on and I'm not at home but something in my heads saying version 1105?? Could be miles off with this one lol.

Brian

briand88, Feb 7, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    I. Had this with an update to OneNote webnote (Edge) update, uninstalling it didn't fix the problem, I tried again the next day & all was fine.

Bastet, Feb 7, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Did you try a complete PC shutdown, power off & restart with no fast start-up enabled? You can't reset apps unless you have the Anniversary Update. Install Classic Shell (CS) from here Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements. I've configured CS so mouse hover opens CS and right click opens the Windows Start Menu.

Steve C, Feb 7, 2017
  8. briand88 Win User

This has been like this for about 2 weeks now I think I may try a windows 10 reset but keep all my files will post here soon with an update

briand88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Broken Maill and Calendar App - Similar Threads - Broken Maill Calendar

2. Windows Calendar app broken again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Calendar app broken again: Microsoft what the hell did you do with the calendar app again?? Why does it seem to be buggy just like some months ago?? What to happened to all those "locally" and not through the Yahoo or any other third-party account logged-down events??...
  3. Windows Calendar app broken again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calendar app broken again: Microsoft what the hell did you do with the calendar app again?? Why does it seem to be buggy just like some months ago?? What to happened to all those "locally" and not through the Yahoo or any other third-party account logged-down events??...
  4. Calendar app - Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app - Taskbar calendar: The events I create on my android phone, using a gmail account will sync to the calendar app when opened fully from the start menu. These are then visible in the popup menu version of the calendar app which is accessed via the taskbar. Excellent. However the events will not...
  5. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  6. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar App broken again

Windows 10 Calendar App broken again: I have two accounts imported into windows 10 mail/calendar App. A gmail account and an icloud account. Email for both accounts work fine. icloud calendar account does not and is the only calendar i care about and have viewable. Any event input on my iphone syncs TO the...
  8. Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update to the Mail and Calendar app is completely broken?: My Calendar isn't displaying correctly. See screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mpxaS62.png Additionally my gmail account has completely de-synced and now won't sync correctly. I can't even remove the account because the "Manage accounts" options show no accounts. Edit: Had...
  9. Windows Maill App- not working

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Maill App- not working: Yesterday was updated. Now Mail app not working. It starts and then disappears. 117489
  10. Windows Maill App- not working

Windows Maill App- not working: Yesterday was updated. Now Mail app not working. It starts and then disappears. 117489