Windows 10: broken restore point

Discus and support broken restore point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; December 3, 2016 Greetings Windows 10 guru’s After reading countless articles and YouTube videos on the subject of restore point IMs totally stuck.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rmbobcat, Dec 2, 2016.

1. rmbobcat Win User

broken restore point

December 3, 2016

Greetings Windows 10 guru’s
    After reading countless articles and YouTube videos on the subject of restore point IMs totally stuck.
    My problem first started with bad pool header, which after countless reboots it suddenly stopped.
    This is what happens every time I try to I try to create a restore point after setting up a restore point.
    Example after I set the date, say October 1, 2016 everything looks good until the computer reboots the on-screen message reads system restored completely successful the system has been restored (never the restored date October 1, 2016 but the current date also mentions your documents have not been affected.
    Also ran S FC /scan results Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations/this means you do not have any missing or corrupt system files.
    Would appreciate any help from anyone who can figure out what the heck’s going on, I’ve run out of self-help articles and in YouTube videos.
    Thank you X10 Robert McDonald

:)

rmbobcat, Dec 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 broken after restore point

Hello Zackie,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run a full anti virus scan, clean boot, System File Checker tool, and configure start up items. Refer to the steps and links provided below:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

System File Checker tool

How to change Windows 10 startup programs:

• Right click on the Start button (Windows logo).
    • Choose Task Manager from the menu which appears.
    • Move the cursor down to the bottom left corner where it says More details to access the information you need.
    • Click on Start-up.
    • Right click on each application and choose Disable.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 broken after restore point

Ok this all started with me losing all my google chrome tabs so I try to restore my computer back to a previous point you know where it backs up after you do important updates. once my computer turns on it last 10 minutes then it's lags so much you
    can't even move the mouse. I give it time to cool down then open task manager and wait 10 minutes then I see my memory and CPU spike up to 100 and the lag starts again and right now task manager is frozen saying I have 12798 background processes and 99% memory
    usage and even explorer.exe has flashed to life and death until it just died off leaving the frozen task manager on screen

ZackieElramly, Dec 2, 2016
  4. broken restore point

I have no idea, nor any way of finding out, if your problem is similar enough to mine that you might best do what I did. I found that I could not even create a Restore Point, which I discovered that Macrium Reflect had a problem, which led me to trying to remove what were indicated as being too many such points, which could not be done.

Without going into the details, a well-meaning and clearly well-versed in the workings of Windows 10, led me through a lengthy series of attempts to remedy the situation. Suffice it to say that the solution was what I sensed all along it was going to be, not that I had any actual proof or knowledge that my theory was correct.

The problem was eventually solved, and rather quickly, by an in-place ISO update to Windows 10, retaining all my programs and documents.

Again, please note my disclaimer at the start of this reply, which is offered solely to tell you what I found and did, and is not to tell you that my solution is either the only or best such approach to your difficulty.

Not Myself, Dec 3, 2016
  5. A system restore only restores Windows system files. It is useful to recover system issues such as a bad update, etc. If you want an image of your C drive, then use System Image instead. It is accessed in File History on the lower left of the screen. A system image restore will bring back your C drive exactly as it was on the day the image was taken.

TexasBandit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

broken restore point

1. broken restore point - Similar Threads - broken restore point

2. restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore point: doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/46cf77d1-39a5-45ac-9ced-4bd077a90a6c
  3. Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points: My PC with Windows 10 used to set up a Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update, now it does not. How can I change that back to an automatic Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update?...
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  5. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  6. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  7. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  8. Restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point: How do i delete only selected restore points, not all prior ones. I want to do this without installing added apps like ccleaner, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/6cf4c430-3850-4438-9a81-c35871e0e10f
  9. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  10. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...