Windows 10: Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

Discus and support Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spunky, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Spunky Win User

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is shown which does not respond to either left or right click.

Screenshot attached.

How can I find where the file shown in the search is located and delete it/rebuild it. Reinstalling Geforce Experience does not fix the issue. The search result is there even when no Experience is installed on the machine.

PS: Everything else works perfectly. I am able to open every single search except that one.

Best Regards!

:)

Spunky, Sep 25, 2017
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Search result app in windows 10 start menu not working

Hi Yusong,

This issue likely occurs due to corrupted system files. Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, we suggest this time to repair your
    Windows 10 Start menu. To troubleshoot your issue in launching an app through the
    Start menu, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this
    link. This will be able to help you resolve your issue about launching an app.

Feel free to post back if need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Search result app in windows 10 start menu not working

The start menu search function is working properly, but I can't launch non-native applications(like visual studio, steam, chrome) from search result directly.

I'm sure the windows search service is running in the background.

I've been tried search and indexing troubleshooter, followed the steps, but not work for me.

Cortana is keeping the default configuration on my Windows 10, I just hide it from the taskbar.

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. [​IMG]

YuSong Xue, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

1. Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Broken unclickable App

2. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....
  3. Start Menu not showing search results for documents

in Cortana
    Start Menu not showing search results for documents: Whenever I search for a document using the Start Menu, there are no search results. Apps show up fine. If I actually go into Explorer and search in a storage device's directory, it will show. But just never in the Start Menu. It's really irritating. Why is this? I rebuilt...
  4. Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout

in Cortana
    Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout: Hi, Since few days ago Search Results Panel shows results in a broken layout. Other user profiles on the same PC do not suffer. Does anyone know where it keeps (file / registry location?) its settings in order to reset them? I am using Windows 10 1903. Thx. [ATTACH]...
  5. Strange white Blank Search result (start menu)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange white Blank Search result (start menu): Strange white Blank Search result (start menu) Hi all, when i push the win button and type to search for an app or anything i get this result. i have restarted explorer.exe and completed these steps here: Cortana not finding Desktop apps when searching for them -...
  6. Startbar searches unclickable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Startbar searches unclickable.: Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated. I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and...
  7. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...
  8. 5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    5-sec Lag on Start Menu Search Results: But not all searches lag; only the results for system settings (control panel items/shortcuts) , along with file/folder searches. The only search terms that are instant like they should seems to be anything in shell:programs + some other specials like the Downloads folder....
  9. Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin anything to start menu? and start menu search results?: Either the Windows 10 start menu really sucks or I am using it wrong. I am used to the StartisBack/Windows 7 menu where you can pin anything and all applications will come up in search results. In the Windows 10 menu, I can't pin anything to the start menu that's not already...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results: When I go to search something like "photoshop" Adobe Photoshop CC should pop up. But I only get results from searching on Bing and not from searching the computer locally. 17229

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu search result link broken

2. how to delete unclickable start application