Windows 10: Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

Discus and support Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spunky, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Spunky Win User

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

I have GeForce Experience installed and working perfectly. However, when I try to navigate to it through the windows app search, an unknown file is shown which does not respond to either left or right click.

Screenshot attached.

How can I find where the file shown in the search is located and delete it/rebuild it. Reinstalling Geforce Experience does not fix the issue. The search result is there even when no Experience is installed on the machine.

PS: Everything else works perfectly. I am able to open every single search except that one.

Best Regards!

:)

Spunky, Sep 25, 2017
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Search result app in windows 10 start menu not working

Hi Yusong,

This issue likely occurs due to corrupted system files. Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, we suggest this time to repair your
    Windows 10 Start menu. To troubleshoot your issue in launching an app through the
    Start menu, we recommend that you follow the steps provided on this
    link. This will be able to help you resolve your issue about launching an app.

Feel free to post back if need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 25, 2017
  3. Search result app in windows 10 start menu not working

The start menu search function is working properly, but I can't launch non-native applications(like visual studio, steam, chrome) from search result directly.

I'm sure the windows search service is running in the background.

I've been tried search and indexing troubleshooter, followed the steps, but not work for me.

Cortana is keeping the default configuration on my Windows 10, I just hide it from the taskbar.

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. [​IMG]

YuSong Xue, Sep 25, 2017
Thema:

Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu.

1. Broken(unclickable) App Search Result in Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Broken unclickable App

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  4. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  5. Tweak start menu search results

Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  6. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  7. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  8. Broken icons in start menu search results

9. Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps missing icons in the Start Menu search results: The icons for my applications have not been showing up in the start menu search ever since I reset my computer but kept the important files. How do I fix this? I've tried the bare minimum of restarting my computer as well as a few other things, but nothing seems to work. Any...
  10. App icons missing in start menu search results

in Cortana
    App icons missing in start menu search results: Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend :-) I am having a problem with the app icons in the search results of my windows start menu. The icons won't show up. Instead, it displays the same placeholder for all apps. Let the attached GIF animation speak for itself....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu search result link broken

2. how to delete unclickable start application