Windows 10: Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Discus and support Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KKVinayKumar, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start Menu. I've attached the image to get the better idea of what I'm talking about. Did anyone face the issue after using "wsreset.exe"? Any solution to it?

Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result. [​IMG]

:)

KKVinayKumar, Jun 19, 2016
  2. LironL Win User

Why suddenly all Windows Store apps in the search results have the Photo Gallery Icon

All of a sudden, as of recently, all the Windows Store apps that come up in the Start Menu search results have the Photo Gallery icon rather than the app's icon. Is this a bug or a change to the Store or windows 10?

The app's icon still appears in the start menu and taskbar. Also, non Windows Store apps aren't affected.

LironL, Jun 19, 2016
  3. rgsiii Win User
    windows phone 8.1 xbox music 2.6.677.0 broke search

Todays update to the Music app version 2.6.677.0 broke the music store search.

On ALL our Lumia 925 phones, after today's Music app update, searching the music store now fails to work.

All searches result in "No results for '___________'"

If the song is already in your library, it will play.

But you can not search for anything.

Example, a search for:

zac brown band

results in

"No results for 'zac brown band'"

I think something is broken in the new app version as ALL out phones now have the same problem

rgsiii, Jun 19, 2016
  4. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Problem solved I had to uncheck "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in folder option --> View Tab and restart computer.

KKVinayKumar, Jun 20, 2016
  5. Mr0P Win User
    I tried what you said, the problem still exists.

6. Well for me at least that solution worked. Is there by any chance you are using Bitdefender antivirus?

KKVinayKumar, Oct 24, 2017
  7. Mr0P Win User
    No, in fact I am not using any sort of antivirus.

8. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

Then I don't know any solution. I guess your thumbnail cache has got corrupted try deleting the thumbnail cache by using CCleaner and restart Windows.

KKVinayKumar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

1. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result. - Similar Threads - Broken store app

2. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  3. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  4. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  5. Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Displaying Broken Results: Certain programs on seem to have broken search results. There are many examples on my PC but I will use GIMP to explain the issue. As seen below the ""best match"" provides me with a broken result. I cannot open this item, Right click this item, or interact with it in any...
  6. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  7. Broken icons in start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken icons in start menu search results: I noticed this started about a week ago, but it doesn't corelate with any kind of update or new software installation.When searching typing app names while in the start menu, all store apps that appear in results display a generic picture icon.However, the same apps have...
  8. Broken icons in start menu search results

9. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  10. MS Store apps icons are missing in search results

in Cortana
    MS Store apps icons are missing in search results: I get the same issue as described here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-missing-in-start-menu-search-results/3a8ce022-1a91-4041-b953-becb0619932d To reproduce it I Open Start menu Type an app name (UWP app only) Look at the search results...