Windows 10: Broken windows phone contacts

Discus and support Broken windows phone contacts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My mum's Windows phone fell on the floor yesterday and the screen broke. Basically I can see it but the touch screen doesn't work at all! I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gnottino90, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Broken windows phone contacts

My mum's Windows phone fell on the floor yesterday and the screen broke. Basically I can see it but the touch screen doesn't work at all!
    I can connect the phone to my laptop and the phone companion app works fine, but I have no idea of how to rescue her phone contacts! She didn't link them to Outlook I think, because if I go online I just see few of them..
    Is there any way to rescue the contacts from the phone directly?

Thanks!

:)

Gnottino90, Apr 15, 2016
  2. Godzone22 Win User

how to transfer windows contact from pc to Lumia 630.

I had a blackberry phone which got broken. Luckily for me I backed up my contacts using windows contact app on my pc (Windows 7 professional)How do I transfer this backup to my Lumia 630 WP8.1? I would have used the transfer my contacts app, but the BlackBerry
    is broken. Help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Godzone22, Apr 15, 2016
  3. TPEANT Win User
    Contacts from Nokia Suite to Lumia phone

Any good idea how to move contacts from Nokia Suite to Lumia Windows phone or to Skydrive.

The old Nokia phone (C5) is broken and the contacts are only in the laptop in Nokia Suite programme.

TPEANT, Apr 15, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Broken windows phone contacts

Download Project My Screen app for Windows 10: Download Project My Screen App for Windows Phone from Official Microsoft Download Center

Install the app, reboot your PC. Connect the phone to PC with an USB cable, you can now use it normally on your PC screen with mouse:

Broken windows phone contacts [​IMG]

You can now backup the phone, add / remove MS accounts and so on:

Broken windows phone contacts [​IMG]

Notice that the app opens full screen when launched first time, showing no pointer. Press ESC to exit full screen modus, the pointer becomes usable and you can manually resize the app as you want to.

5. I installed it but when I start the app on my laptop, I just get a a phone with a completely black screen and I can't do anything.
    I've read the instructions and it says that I have to tap "yes" somewhere on my phone to make it work, but obviously I can't do that since the touch screen doesn't work..

Gnottino90, Apr 16, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    I am very sorry! I was clearly not thinking this step, forgetting it completely.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Broken windows phone contacts

1. Broken windows phone contacts - Similar Threads - Broken phone contacts

2. phone numbers are broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone numbers are broken: i need help! everytime i have put my number in and have finished the verification for the no robot thing it says congratulations you may continue your action, but it only gives me a cancel button to get it off my screen, making me have to re-do it over and over again, it does...
  3. phone numbers are broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone numbers are broken: i need help! everytime i have put my number in and have finished the verification for the no robot thing it says congratulations you may continue your action, but it only gives me a cancel button to get it off my screen, making me have to re-do it over and over again, it does...
  4. Contact phone number?

Contact phone number?: Is there a number we can call? I and many others are being censored while others whose views are opposing are allowed to voice their opinions unfiltered I literally typed their responses and I wasn’t allowed to post them....
  5. Contact phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact phone number?: Is there a number we can call? I and many others are being censored while others whose views are opposing are allowed to voice their opinions unfiltered I literally typed their responses and I wasn’t allowed to post them....
  6. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  7. Share contacts with Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share contacts with Phone Link: How does one share the contacts within outlook 365 with the phone link app? I used to get the name of the person when sending SMS via phone link, now I just get the phone number and have to look up who it is.Thank you in advance....
  8. "Your Phone" contacts

"Your Phone" contacts: I started using the "Your Phone" app. Is there a way to link it to your contacts? If not, that's a major drawback, IMO. 142621
  9. Where are contacts stored on a Windows phone?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where are contacts stored on a Windows phone?: Since adding an exchange server email account to my Lumia 650, my contacts list has become scrambled. I have managed to unscramble it to some extent by turning on "show only contacts with phone numbers" but is seems that many of them have gone missing. Where do I find the...
  10. Contact Support phone number

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Contact Support phone number: I need to talk to a support tech for Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-support-phone-number/9e9bfcd8-e9f6-4e48-9088-dd1a2ac11711