Windows 10: Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

Discus and support Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer that was working fine as a network printer; however, when Windows updated to Build 10061, the printer no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wynona, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone

I have a Brother MFC-J825DW Printer that was working fine as a network printer; however, when Windows updated to Build 10061, the printer no longer worked.

I went to Brother and downloaded the full driver package and tried to install the printer to my network. There were no error messages until it told me the network couldn't find the printer. There was no way to install the drivers after that.

I finally installed it as a USB wired printer and it works with that; however, I'd rather not trip over cables across the floor. *Sad After I got it installed as USB, I went back and tried once more to install to WiFi, but no dice.

There's probably not a solution, but I wanted y'all to know just in case someone else has the same printer.

:)

Wynona, Apr 24, 2015

2. Printer that works with windows 10

I have a Brother printer, MFC-J825DW and both my computers, desktop and laptop, have Windows 10 and print to it without any problems.

cat0w

USA

HoraceWiggins, Apr 24, 2015
  3. RJ98_525 Win User
    Free Upgrade Win 10 completed NO WinWord2010 and Printer

Upgraded Win 10 and now it doesn't recognize my Brother MFC-J825DW even though it is listed in Printers. Also MS2010 Word does not load it just keeps spinning.

RJ98_525, Apr 24, 2015
  4. pbcopter Win User

I have that same printer but connected by wire to the network rather than by WiFi and have had no problems using it on my network upon upgrading to 10061.

I did not need to re-install the printer or any drivers.

pbcopter, Apr 24, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Well, clearly the driver is not gone... Maybe it's just a bug in detecting the printer wirelessly.

Mystere, Apr 24, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Printer works fine with USB; just won't install with WiFi.

Wynona, Apr 24, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    Actually, there were no drivers installed for USB; only for wireless. It has worked fine through Windows 10 until Build 10061. And yes, the drivers are gone; I used the Brother uninstaller to get rid of them so I could reinstall. Which is what Brother said to do.

Wynona, Apr 24, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

I did a fresh install build 10061 so I need to Add this Printer (Brother HL-4040CN) wired to the Router. However, the Printer did not appear on the list. And here's what I did to get it working:
    • In the router->LAN Settings: assign a static IP for the printer (in my case: 192.168.1.9)
    • Control Panel->Devices and Printers->Add a Printer
    • Since the Printer was not regconized by this build. Click on "My Printer is not on the list"
    • Select TCP/IP and type 192.168.1.9
    • A windows will popup with a list of Printer Drivers. If your Printe is not on the lis, click on "Windows Updates" to get a complete list of printer drivers
    • Select my Printer (HL-4040CN).
    • Done

Since you want to setup as a Wireless printer. You could do the same as I did ie. connect the printer to the router then assign a static IP for your Printer then disconnect the cable. It should not matter whether it's wired or wireless as long as it is on the network and is assigned with a fixed IP.

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Brother MFC-J825DW Printer Drivers Gone - Similar Threads - Brother MFC J825DW

2. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need help with this printer-Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 /64 bit/ dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacturer site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  3. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C: Hello i need help with this printer-Brother MFC-235C. Windows 10 /64 bit/ dont recognize it at all USB Composite Device/Driver unavailable On manifacturer site there is not a driver to download Built-in driver- The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating...
  4. Driver unavailable for printer Brother MFC-235C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable"

Brother MFC-L3770 "printer driver unavailable": Hi, My Brother L3770 has not been working for a week, after it was previously working fine. The printer itself is not the issue, as printing from other PCs and laptops is ok, but my main Windows 10 PC doe not allow printing. I have uninstalled and re-installed all Brother...
  6. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  7. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  8. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  9. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....

Brother MFC J825DW Printer is Offline: Dangit, Microsoft has messed up my printers once again! My Brother MFC J825DW (Inkjet) printer won't print because Windows has set it to offline! My Brother MFC 7460DN (Laser) printer just trucks right along. Anybody know how I can get my Inkjet Brother back...