Windows 10: Brother printers - wireless connection

Discus and support Brother printers - wireless connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by weamish, Nov 18, 2017.

1. weamish Win User

Brother printers - wireless connection

I have two Brother printers: HL-2270DW and MFC-L2700DW. If the internet connection goes out for any reason, it's a nightmare for both printers. When the internet connection is restored, they still will not print, even when the WLAN report says Connection OK. But here's the worst part - there seems to be nothing I can do to fix this, except to wait. Eventually they'll start working normally again, and I have no idea why. Could be a few hours or maybe a few days, but then all of a sudden they're back. Until the next outage. Even a complete reinstall doesn't always work (and is obviously a pain to go thru each time). Any suggestions? Thanks!

:)

weamish, Nov 18, 2017

2. Connect a wireless printer to about 3 to 20 systems.

Original title : Printer Connection.

i need to connect a wireless printer to about 3 to 20 systems.

the wireless printer is BROTHER DCW-9020CDW

Also the systems run on windows 10

OluwaseunEkunkoya, Nov 18, 2017
  3. My laptop (Microsoft 10) no longer connects to wireless Brothers MFC-J4620DW printer

My laptop (Microsoft 10) no longer connects to my wireless printer (Brothers MFC-J4620DW)

KathrynPalmerXU, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Brother printers - wireless connection

Have you called Brother support, which I have found to be excellent in the US?

Not Myself, Nov 18, 2017
  5. weamish Win User
    Yep, over the years I've contacted Brother by phone and online chat and email. They have a list of stock responses, none of which have solved the problem. Their printers work great when they're actually working. But the wireless issues are maddening. With other printer brands, my experience has been different - when the internet connection is restored, the printers automatically reconnect to the wifi SSID and work properly again, immediately. But for some reason this does not happen with Brother, even when their printers have reconnected.

weamish, Nov 18, 2017
  6. This will not, of course, help you, but my experience with Brother has been totally different from yours. One example will suffice: An agent stayed on the phone while I reinstalled the software for my MFC-9340CDW, and then waited while I ran the test to be certain that everything was then working correctly.

As for wireless problems, the only time that I have had a problem is when the printer itself has gone off-line; losing WiFi and/or Internet have not required anything on my part to reestablish connections.

Not Myself, Nov 18, 2017
  7. Kyhi Win User
    it appears to me to be an IP address conflict..
    Allow router to use DNS

if use static ip address for either unit and the router assigns that ip to another device - the printer will not connect to router until the requested ip address is released.. In a few hours or a few days..

Do not have connection issues with my Brother - my issue with my brother is it prints like a snail...

8. debsawyer Win User

Do you reboot your modem/router at least every 30 days to refresh it?

debsawyer, Nov 18, 2017
  9. weamish Win User
    Thanks. This is a bit beyond my tech competence, but I'll search for more info. On the other hand, not sure why other printer brands I've used don't seem to have this problem...

weamish, Nov 20, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    On the Printer itself, go to the Menu/Network/Wireless Configuration and reconnect with the WiFi Connection.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Brother printers - wireless connection - Similar Threads - Brother printers wireless

2. connecting to a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting to a wireless printer: I cannot get my laptop to connect wirelessly to my MP495 PIXMA printer. For some reason, the device is not coming up when I scan for available printers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/d536a7fe-ed59-44f9-aa8e-5a9b5619255e
  3. Brother printer still can not be connected

Brother printer still can not be connected: My Brother MFC-6490CW has not worked since the May-June security update. I am running Windows 10 2004 version and am seriously in the need for someone to tell me how to get my printer working again. The 1909 and 2004 patches suggested both return a "not suitable for your...
  4. Brother printer not connecting

Brother printer not connecting: I cannot get my printer up and running. I removed the update KB4560960 per instructions on the Brother website for my printer MFC-845CW. I restarted my computer, restarted my printer, ran the Microsoft Troubleshooter, no problem detected. No communication between my PC and...
  5. connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi

connecting L2300D brother printer to wifi: I'm setting up a new printer & can't figure out how to set it to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-l2300d-brother-printer-to-wifi/c44b3add-5dc3-45b0-88e9-9580216c86a3
  6. wireless printer not connected

wireless printer not connected: tried unplugging, waited 30 or more seconds, replugged, turned on, still not connected. But my wireless mouse, keyboard, and earphones are connected. how do I reconnect my printers?...
  7. Connecting a wireless printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting a wireless printer: I can't get my wire3less printer connected to my LAN. It times out each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-a-wireless-printer/44f6e943-fccb-4dea-8b4a-801449b4d8cf
  8. connecting to a wireless printer

connecting to a wireless printer: I am having problems connecting my Lenovo Yoga to my Brother wireless printer - I have tried what Help suggests but it does not work - can anyone help? M https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-a-wireless-printer/cf85bbb1-9a6f-4a89-9748-588fae375a2b
  9. Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brother wireless printer HL-L2370DW offline: Won't print docs on print q...installed new modem, and printer will not work now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/brother-wireless-printer-hl-l2370dw-offline/c87479b5-1f59-4be9-8cc4-7c1f7b4f8090
  10. wireless connection to printer

wireless connection to printer: How do I connect via WIFI my MacBook Air with my HP Laserjet CP1025nw color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-connection-to-printer/0c6a4e1b-9a02-4681-9d16-0c920df6a2ed