Windows 10: browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself.

Discus and support browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear microsoft: Got another browser block on Chrome from a hacked website. Easy enough to get out of it. But why is there no action on these... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by flyingmythbuster, Aug 21, 2018.

1. browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself.

Dear microsoft:

Got another browser block on Chrome from a hacked website. Easy enough to get out of it. But why is there no action on these hackers? They are using your trademarks. Here is the 1-800 number: 1-800-833-5606. Tell me what you're doing about it.

:)

flyingmythbuster, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 21, 2018
  3. In Windows 10 does Microsoft Family block adult content in Chrome?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about blocking adult content on Google Chrome as it6 was working fine before the update to 1511, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to re-configure those settings as you have performed previously and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the browser from Programs and features, reinstall it from the website and try to reconfigure it.

You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Google Chrome
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Try to download Google Chrome from the below link using Internet Explorer

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

Step 2: As you are facing issues with pop-ups on Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to turn on Block pop-ups option and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps to do so:

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More Action ("...") at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on View advanced settings
      under Advanced settings.
    • Then simply slide the Block Pop Ups
      to the off position.

Step 3: You can also provide your valuable feedback to Microsoft.
    Follow the steps below to write a feedback:

1. Type Feedback in the
    Search
    box on the Task bar.

2. Select Windows Feedback.

3. Click on Add new feedback
    and write your feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself.

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself.

1. browser blocks on Chrome and maybe Edge itself. - Similar Threads - browser blocks Chrome

2. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  3. Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the download of google chrome blocked on edge??: I would like to download chrome because I want to be able to access my gmail from the website which doesn't work on edge i just get a 404 error. you'll probably say just use outlook but a lot of the time the emails i need dont come as soon as i need them and if they are...
  4. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  5. My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze

My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze: My Edge and Chrome browsers continue to freeze. I have removed extensions and re-installed browsers and reinstalled my Windows 8.1 but it still freezes. What may be causing the problem and how can it be fixed?...
  6. Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11: WINDOWS 11 HAS 90% BLOCKED EDGE BROWSER. I had already permanently uninstalled Chrome, since it had security breaches almost every week. Ever since I upgraded to WIN11 I began to have problems, but they were not constant. My computer is compatible with WIN11 as per the...
  7. Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11

Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11: WINDOWS 11 HAS 90% BLOCKED EDGE BROWSER. I had already permanently uninstalled Chrome, since it had security breaches almost every week. Ever since I upgraded to WIN11 I began to have problems, but they were not constant. My computer is compatible with WIN11 as per the...
  8. Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge replaces chrome as defalt browser.: And... replaces my wallpaper, deletes the accounts signed in on chrome, and deletes my steam shortcutsand only the games, nothing else, not even not steam games, and for some reason resets Team fortress 2's resolution settings... and only that particular setting....
  9. Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google.com blocked in edge but working in chrome?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/asking2die [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuzm9c/googlecom_blocked_in_edge_but_working_in_chrome/
  10. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked: I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a...