Windows 10: Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow

Discus and support Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC with Windows 10 Build 10586, upgraded from 8.1. WiFi downloads are very slow on it for some reason. SpeedTest.net shows 15 MBPS, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Dec 8, 2015.

1. lolcocks Win User

Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow

I have a PC with Windows 10 Build 10586, upgraded from 8.1.

WiFi downloads are very slow on it for some reason.
    SpeedTest.net shows 15 MBPS, but while download a simple 5 MB image file via Chrome takes 45 minutes.
    Max download speed is 15 KB/s.

But when I keep softwares like AutoDesk Revit for download through their own downloaders, it gets 1 MB/s download speed.

So why is downloading via Chrome or other browsers and some other software so slow?

Please help.

:)

lolcocks, Dec 8, 2015
  2. tech570 Win User

Wifi Problem - Mobile becomes very slow

I have a brand new E71 with the latest firmware. Wifi connections are extremely slow. Browsing the web is impossible. I am using a wireless router which serves up to other Wifi equipment with super fast results. Using another Wifi compliant phone on
    the same network, the results are fine. The E71 connectivity over Wifi is super, super, super SLOW.

Connections over 3G are fast (normal when compared to other 3G phones). Any suggestions?

tech570, Dec 8, 2015
  3. young3142 Win User
    Super slow internet over wifi connection - issue unknown

Thanks for the reply but your suggestion didn't work. No change in my issues.

young3142, Dec 8, 2015
  4. lolcocks Win User

Guys, please help.
    Even network copying speeds over shared files is 1 MB/s at max. And it's very fluctuating.

lolcocks, Dec 11, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    What file are downloading? The download speed depends on how fast the website is. don't experience constant buffering on Tube/internet videos and pages load quickly, right?

6. lolcocks Win User
    Browsing and YouTube is very fast, but upload and download of single files is very slow.

For example if I have to send a file to the AutoDesk servers for rendering, max speed I get is 5 KB/s.
    Same for download files from images hosts or normal files.

lolcocks, Dec 11, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    Wifi is never an ideal solution for desktop computers as most of the time its not stable enough. I would suggest looking at the possibility of changing to powerline adapters. They are fast and stable giving you as much speed as the plug allows. There are various speed models going from 200mbps, 500, gigabit and some inbetween.

Since upgrading to the 1200 model, I get gigabit speed to the router which gives me full internet speed at a constant rate.

swarfega, Dec 11, 2015
  8. YOU
    You Win User

What country are in? If 're in UK, for example, downloads from a US website will be slow.

9. lolcocks Win User
    I am in India, the other side of the world from AutoDesk servers. *Sad

lolcocks, Dec 12, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    That may be why.

11. YOU
    You Win User
    Tube works fine because they have servers around the world.

12. YOU
    You Win User
    I would recommend running an internet speed test on speedtest.net. Usually upload speeds are slower than download speeds (Tube videos download).

Thema:

1. Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow - Similar Threads - Browser downloads WiFi

2. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  3. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  4. super slow file copy over wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    super slow file copy over wifi: 3 computers. Wifi speed on each R2400/T1200Internet speedtest no problem for 1Gbit/300Mbit on every computer.Copying files between computers…3MB/s max.iperf between same computers:ubuntu<>ubuntu ~500mbit/subuntu<>win ~250mbit/swin<>win ~100mbit/sIt's insane…...
  5. super slow file copy over wifi

super slow file copy over wifi: 3 computers. Wifi speed on each R2400/T1200Internet speedtest no problem for 1Gbit/300Mbit on every computer.Copying files between computers…3MB/s max.iperf between same computers:ubuntu<>ubuntu ~500mbit/subuntu<>win ~250mbit/swin<>win ~100mbit/sIt's insane…...
  6. Downloads super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads super slow: I have recently stopped connecting my ethernet cable to my Wi-Fi range extender but I have started plugging my ethernet cable into my Wi-Fi modem directly. It made my ping in game a lot lower. But it never fixed how my computer still download files in KB/s and is still very...
  7. Downloads super slow

Downloads super slow: I have recently stopped connecting my ethernet cable to my Wi-Fi range extender but I have started plugging my ethernet cable into my Wi-Fi modem directly. It made my ping in game a lot lower. But it never fixed how my computer still download files in KB/s and is still very...
  8. Browsers got super slow to load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers got super slow to load: Over the last week all my browsers got super slow. Chrome and Firefox. Tested both without extensions and cleared all cache etc still slow. Scanned for viruses and malaware. Nothing. Internet speed is unchanged as they work fine with my other devices at same speed. Checked...
  9. Super slow download from ms store

Super slow download from ms store: hello, i have been trying to download the windows 10 movie maker app from the ms store, the download speed is like an old dial up connection, getting only 120-180kbs! how is this possible? i turned the advanced options slider in delivery optimization all the way up to 100%,...
  10. Super slow download speeds Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super slow download speeds Windows 10: I recently download windows 10, and when I tried to download some files from google, it was downloading at 10 kbps! Before I had windows 10, on windows 7, my download speed was about 50 mbps! I don't know what happened, but Windows 10 completely destroyed my download speeds....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi download super slow