Windows 10: Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10

Discus and support Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Automatic updates were installed recently that updated my OS to Windows 10. I had problems immediately. The computer seems to have a mind of its own... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hinese, Nov 11, 2017.

1. hinese Win User

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10

Automatic updates were installed recently that updated my OS to Windows 10. I had problems immediately. The computer seems to have a mind of its own and I'll see things happening while I'm sitting across the room. First, any browswer I use constantly resizes itself. For example, from 100% view to 25%. I've attached a photo for example. Next, a keyboard keeps popping up by itself. Another photo attached. Third, the cursor jumps around by itself.

I turned off the touchscreen, but that did not help anything. I keep going back to a restore point that gives me Windows 8 back, and no problems, but eventually the automatic updates get installed again which brings back my Windows 10 nightmare.

As I've been typing this, I've had to constantly click the text box over and over to keep typing because the cursor has moved elsewhere on its own.

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

hinese, Nov 11, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Nov 11, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Nov 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Nov 11, 2017
  5. hinese Win User
    Hi. I filled in all the information I was able to find. Thanks.

hinese, Nov 11, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for that. Nice machine! *Smile

Double check to make sure this is your model: Sony eSupport - VPCL213FX - Support

I see there is no support for Windows 10 on that model: Sony eSupport - Download Tips

Click the "Drivers & Software" tab > Select OS version.

The drivers for 8.1 may work better than what you may have. Check each driver listed for each peripheral in Device Manager (Hold Windows key then press X key) > Device Manager > Expand each peripheral (except for System devices and USB controllers) > Right click > Properties > Drivers tab > Compare against what Sony has listed. If in Device Manager the supplier is Microsoft, then install the Sony one.

Sometimes you can get away with just the display adapters driver, but there's no guarantee on any of them.

Edit:

Sorry to report, but what should have been performed on this unit is running the Upgrade Assistant. You may have to roll back first and run that. It may not be suitable for 10.

Tony K, Nov 11, 2017
  7. torre Win User
    For the sizing issue, check if the Sony has "pinch zoom" enabled. If so, disable it. You can also make cursor adjustments.

- Settings
    - Personalization
    - Themes
    - Mouse Cursor
    - Device Settings
    - Settings

Toshiba has a "pinch zoom" feature which causes zoom issues, perhaps Sony has a similar feature which should be disabled. May also want to check to see if there is a Sony Forum.

Edit: Just noticed you are not running the latest version of Win10 (16299.19). Would be best to have all updates. You can download directly from below link and also make an iso if desired.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Browser keeps resizing

2. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  3. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  4. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly: I never used to have this problem on older versions of windows or even the current windows 10 using a 1080p monitor/tv. Since I have been using a 4k tv as my monitor, windows has randomly been increasing my taskbar size by one level. I always have the taskbar locked but it...
  5. Taskbar keeps resizing itself randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Application Window resized by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Window resized by itself randomly: Since 3 weeks, when opening an app MS edge, Chrome, Photoshop, etc the magnifier open in the address bar and the screen size of the app is reduced without any interactions from my side. This happen even if not touching the keyboard or the mouse. Some time it reduce by one...
  7. The zoom in my browser keeps changing by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The zoom in my browser keeps changing by itself.: Hi, While using the browser internet explorer or even Chrome, the zoom changes by itself. It will zoom in and the out rapidly, sometimes it can go on for a few seconds. I turned off the mouse and the keyboard to see if they are the issue but the problem persists. I have...
  8. Desktop Icon Resized Itself

Desktop Icon Resized Itself: How does the recycle bin icon suddenly resize itself on the desktop? It did on my Windows tablet. How do I get it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-resized-itself/ab239c5e-11b9-40a7-af8a-08935f755e64
  9. Task bar resizing itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar resizing itself: Hello, the taskbar resizes itself whenever I turn my screen on, and sometimes after a full screen program. I have locked it at the size I want but that hasn't helped. I found this method to fix it....
  10. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...