Windows 10: Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10

Discus and support Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Automatic updates were installed recently that updated my OS to Windows 10. I had problems immediately. The computer seems to have a mind of its own... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hinese, Nov 11, 2017.

1. hinese Win User

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10

Automatic updates were installed recently that updated my OS to Windows 10. I had problems immediately. The computer seems to have a mind of its own and I'll see things happening while I'm sitting across the room. First, any browswer I use constantly resizes itself. For example, from 100% view to 25%. I've attached a photo for example. Next, a keyboard keeps popping up by itself. Another photo attached. Third, the cursor jumps around by itself.

I turned off the touchscreen, but that did not help anything. I keep going back to a restore point that gives me Windows 8 back, and no problems, but eventually the automatic updates get installed again which brings back my Windows 10 nightmare.

As I've been typing this, I've had to constantly click the text box over and over to keep typing because the cursor has moved elsewhere on its own.

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

hinese, Nov 11, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Nov 11, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Nov 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Tony K, Nov 11, 2017
  5. hinese Win User
    Hi. I filled in all the information I was able to find. Thanks.

hinese, Nov 11, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Thanks for that. Nice machine! *Smile

Double check to make sure this is your model: Sony eSupport - VPCL213FX - Support

I see there is no support for Windows 10 on that model: Sony eSupport - Download Tips

Click the "Drivers & Software" tab > Select OS version.

The drivers for 8.1 may work better than what you may have. Check each driver listed for each peripheral in Device Manager (Hold Windows key then press X key) > Device Manager > Expand each peripheral (except for System devices and USB controllers) > Right click > Properties > Drivers tab > Compare against what Sony has listed. If in Device Manager the supplier is Microsoft, then install the Sony one.

Sometimes you can get away with just the display adapters driver, but there's no guarantee on any of them.

Edit:

Sorry to report, but what should have been performed on this unit is running the Upgrade Assistant. You may have to roll back first and run that. It may not be suitable for 10.

Tony K, Nov 11, 2017
  7. torre Win User
    For the sizing issue, check if the Sony has "pinch zoom" enabled. If so, disable it. You can also make cursor adjustments.

- Settings
    - Personalization
    - Themes
    - Mouse Cursor
    - Device Settings
    - Settings

Toshiba has a "pinch zoom" feature which causes zoom issues, perhaps Sony has a similar feature which should be disabled. May also want to check to see if there is a Sony Forum.

Edit: Just noticed you are not running the latest version of Win10 (16299.19). Would be best to have all updates. You can download directly from below link and also make an iso if desired.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser keeps resizing itself after "upgrading" to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Browser keeps resizing

2. Windows Update keeps disabling itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keeps disabling itself: My Windows update keeps disabling itself every few hours. This also disables the updates for windows store apps. I've noticed that the services "Windows Update" and "Storage Service" keep being set to "Disabled". If I set these two services back to "Manual", then both...
  3. Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps Selecting/Moving by itself: Hello, my current problem is that everytime I right click or leftclick on an option the selected area moves by its own or selects something else, making me unable to click anything. It only happens within windows, not within seperate programs. The Mouse and keyboard are...
  4. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  5. PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps shutting down by itself after Windows update: I have Dell Inspirion N5010 and after last Windows update in start of December it keeps turning off by itself already even every 5 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-after-windows/15d2151e-e897-48fe-8cb1-98a386f13e71
  6. Windows 10 update keeps repeating itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update keeps repeating itself: Hi Two days ago my computer installed a major update. This repeated itself the next two mornings. It's inconvenient because it takes quite a while. I'd like to know how to disable it from updating itself repeatedly. Thanks 65919
  7. After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Windows 10 Upgrade RDP Keeps Disconnecting?: Hi, I upgraded to Windows 10 on my home PC and now every time I connect to this PC from another PC I can use it for a bit and then all of a sudden it disconnects and when I try to log back in it then doesn't connect anymore. Then when I actually go to this PC again I...
  8. PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turning itself on after Windows 10 upgrade.: I upgraded one of my systems to 10 the other day and ever since it won't stay off, it just turns itself back on every time I shut it down. It was a clean install, not an upgrade. Never had this issue before the upgrade. Hopefully somebody can be of assistance. 13635
  9. Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps freezing after upgrade.: It's been a while since I've upgraded to Windows 10 but the problem still exists. To leave this short, when I'm doing something like watching a movie, installing files, browsing the web, playing a game, etc. My computer just becomes completely unresponsive. I can't move my...
  10. PC Shuts itself off after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Shuts itself off after Windows 10 Upgrade: Hello All of a sudden my PC (Laptop) has started to shut itself off after a while. No error messages, no BSOD, no nothing just shuts itself off and then when I re-start it, it boots up normally without displaying any messages. Whe it started couple of months ago, it was...