Windows 10: Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

Discus and support Browser Location Privacy- How to Set in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Feb 23, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox steps are also for any Mozilla based browser (i.e. Cyberfox , etc.) and Chrome steps for any Chromium based browser. This is the example for Firefox, all others are outlined in the article. No hacks, just settings. TC

How to Stop Websites From Asking For Your Location

Type geo.enabled into the Search box on the about:config screen. Double-click the “geo.enabled” preference that appears and Firefox will set it to “false”.
    You can close the about:config tab afterwards.

Browser Location Privacy- How to Set [​IMG]

:)

f14tomcat, Feb 23, 2017
  2. [Epstein] Win User
    [Epstein], Feb 23, 2017
  3. Smittychat., Feb 23, 2017
  4. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

It is actually good to know, which pages ask, so you know, which ones are intrusive, and that you have to look for other things like canvas protection, unless they are location based, like weather forecast or pizza delivery.

TairikuOkami, Feb 23, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    ok...

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

1. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set - Similar Threads - Browser Location Privacy

2. Location and camera privacy settings crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  3. Location and camera privacy settings crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location and camera privacy settings crash: Camera on Lenovo laptop not workingAppears to be related to upgrade to windows 11 last monthUpdated driverWent through troubleshootReset camera appEtcWondering if it has something to do with this:When I try to access privacy settings for the camera and location services too...
  4. All my location privacy settings were disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my location privacy settings were disabled.: When open Settings, and go to Privacy > Location, I see that all the setting toggles were turned off. How can I turn it back to normal? Here is the screenshot. Thanks everyone....
  5. All my location privacy settings were disabled.

All my location privacy settings were disabled.: When open Settings, and go to Privacy > Location, I see that all the setting toggles were turned off. How can I turn it back to normal? Here is the screenshot. Thanks everyone....
  6. Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash: Dear Microsoft Team, I was absent from home last week. After I returned this Sunday evening September 13, 2020 my Windows was updated when switching off the computer I run WIndows 10. The next day I imediately noticed that my microphone wasn't working anymore. After some...
  7. Location Privacy

in Windows 10 Support
    Location Privacy: Hello Long time ago I was using these keys to disable or turn off privacy / location: ;Location Device Off [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lfsvc\Service\Configuration] "Status"=dword:00000000 ;Location Service Off...
  8. My Privacy Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Privacy Location: My location shows wrong (Montreal) and efforts fail to correct it. Results in errors in my location in apps and websites. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-privacy-location/74da0ba3-c193-4dae-b8cd-92fb9d2875ee
  9. Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Settings>Privacy>Location: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your...: Hello! This would be my first time posting in the Community. I hope someone could help me. As stated in the Subject, the location service is off and I am unable to turn it on. The Change button is also grayed out and cannot turn on or press it as well. I don't know what to do...
  10. Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location

Cortana Greyed Out in Privacy Settings Location: I have just bought a new computer with Win10 V.1607. I am trying to understand what is all very new to me. In Privacy, Settings/Location Location is turned on and I assume Location History is as well however the option to turn Cortana on or off under Choose Apps......... is...