Windows 10: Browser profiles

Discus and support Browser profiles in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Browser profiles (firefox, chrome, flock) will they not get overwritten as well when I install them again as I don't want to start them from scratch as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Browser profiles

Browser profiles (firefox, chrome, flock) will they not get overwritten as well when I install them again as I don't want to start them from scratch as well as I have a lot of stuff saved on them profiles I use

:)

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018

2. Google App Sync Problem Windows 10

Experienced same issue as above, attempted all suggested solutions. Was attempting to create profile with Windows 10 Edge browser (as that was default browser). When I switch to using Chrome, profile was created and all sync'd
    fine.

Richard Beer, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Not Able to access secure web sites after installing Windows 10.

This procedure did not fix the problem. Under "Mode" the following settings were selected:

Browser Profile: Desktop

User Agent string: google chrome (Changed from original setting Microsoft Edge (Default).

In fact, any other browser profile also did not work. Please advise.

Bhagavanpapa, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Browser profiles

My brother has moved all of my userdata folder from my old hard drive to the new hard drive on his windows 10 computer that I am buying off him in march when he gets his own computer can I just load my profiles I used and then I am good to go and I should have everything that is on that profile and continue from where I left off

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018
  5. I'm using Firefox, Chrome and flock so hopefully when I check my userdata folder under C/user/userdata ect or whatever the location is lol they should be there

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018
  6. If you uninstall Firefox or Chrome, the Profile is not removed. I do this on every new release of Firefox. Flock is the same way.

Josey Wales, Jan 22, 2018
  7. So I just install the browsers I wrote down in my first post then use the profiles that I used on the old hard drive what have been moved to the folder if I remember what they are thanks

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

Browser profiles

You can backup profiles just to be safe:

Firefox Keeps Re-enabling Bing Solved - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Well you can use the software linked in the post to backup Chrome & Firefox profiles. As for Flock it appears to have been discontinued years ago. I don't know where the profile is stored.

You can back up profiles to USB Flash Drive if you like.

Callender, Jan 22, 2018
  9. Josey Wales, Jan 22, 2018
  10. Callender Win User
    I see that it does backup Flock. I've used MozBackup in the past but developer states:

Browser profiles [​IMG]
    Note
    MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk

Can you confirm that it still works with FF Quantum?

Cheers.

Callender, Jan 22, 2018
  11. I don't know yet until I get the computer in march

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018
  12. The userdata folder with all the browser profiles have already been moved from my old hard drive to the new hard drive so I am ready to just choose the profiles that I used on my old hard drive when I have installed the browsers I just need to know okay

alexhob123, Jan 22, 2018
  13. Browser profiles

Will this still work doing this if anyone can help me

alexhob123, Jan 23, 2018
  14. Callender Win User
    For Firefox just backup (or copy) the highlighted items. Restore to the same location when needed.

Browser profiles [​IMG]

RE: Chome & Flock profiles. I don't use either so cannot help. I do use chrome variants.

Callender, Jan 23, 2018
  15. I know where chrome and flock profiles are saved so I should be okay. But will profiles still work if transferred from one hard drive to another as i need to know if i will be starting from scratch. I haven't backed them up they have just been transferred from one hard drive to another okay

alexhob123, Jan 23, 2018
Thema:

Browser profiles

1. Browser profiles - Similar Threads - Browser profiles

2. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  3. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and want to transfer my web browser - Brave's data to my another computer and I want to keep them same to same. I've 5 profiles of brave in this computer. I want to transfer cookies too, thus I do not have to login sites that were in my old...
  4. How do I transfer a specific program, e.g., Brave Browser's user profiles, settings, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am unable to search browser profile by name in windows 10 search

in Cortana
    I am unable to search browser profile by name in windows 10 search: Hello, I have 100's of browser profiles with different names in my laptop, I used to open different browser profiles by searching name of profile in windows 10 search bar but from yesterday, browser profiles not showing in windows 10 search results. I think some settings has...
  6. I am unable to search browser profile by name in windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to search browser profile by name in windows 10 search: Hello, I have 100's of browser profiles with different names in my laptop, I used to open different browser profiles by searching name of profile in windows 10 search bar but from yesterday, browser profiles not showing in windows 10 search results. I think some settings has...
  7. I am unable to search browser profile by name in windows 10 search

8. Browsers won't open if an instance is already open using the same profile on a different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers won't open if an instance is already open using the same profile on a different...: I am an apprentice IT Technician, so I apologise if this is a stupid question. If I get called away to take a look at something, and I leave my user profile logged in with *any* browser window still open, I cannot open any browsers when I log into the same profile elsewhere....
  9. Browsers won't open if an instance is already open using the same profile on a different...

Browsers won't open if an instance is already open using the same profile on a different...: I am an apprentice IT Technician, so I apologise if this is a stupid question. If I get called away to take a look at something, and I leave my user profile logged in with *any* browser window still open, I cannot open any browsers when I log into the same profile elsewhere....
  10. Browsers won't open if an instance is already open using the same profile on a different...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing