Windows 10: Browser sync settings

Discus and support Browser sync settings in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have 4 browsers on my PC -- Edge, IE11, Firefox and Chrome. I'd been using IE11 and noticed that it apparently synced my Favorites from Chrome,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Carnivore Win User

Browser sync settings

I have 4 browsers on my PC -- Edge, IE11, Firefox and Chrome. I'd been using IE11 and noticed that it apparently synced my Favorites from Chrome, including the mobile bookmarks I saved on my Android phone. That sync activity also seemed to rearrange the order of links on my IE11 Favorites Bar.

Please help me understand how my browsers interact and sync with each other under Win10.

In my Win10 settings panel, I have Win10 set to sync browser settings but I thought that only applied to Edge. In addition to that Win10 sync setting, it looks like Google also syncs between at least some of the browsers. Do these sync settings play well with each other? Should all 4 of the above mentioned browsers sync with each other, and how do I make sure that the sync picks up my latest changes across all browsers and doesn't cause any to revert back to an older state?

:)

Carnivore, Sep 5, 2015
  2. MartyLK2 Win User

New Surface 3 w/Windows 10 - no sync setting in Edge browser

I have a new Surface 3 that came with Windows 10. The Edge browser doesn't show the sync setting all my other Windows 10 devices show. And because of this, my favorites aren't syncing. The sync center shows that the browser sync is turned on, but the browser
    settings don't show any sync information or capability.

I need to know if there is something I am not doing or if there is a bug or other problem that can be resolved to allow for Edge browser syncing?

MartyLK2, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Where are the Edge Favorites Synced to when Sync Browser Settings is set to ON?

Where are the Edge Favorites Synced to when Sync Browser Settings is set to ON?

Francesca Woodman, Sep 5, 2015
Thema:

Browser sync settings

1. Browser sync settings - Similar Threads - Browser sync settings

2. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  3. Opera Browser sync issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opera Browser sync issue: I am using a laptop and it has 2 different user accounts. One is my administrator account and other is a standard account. I user Opera browser and the second account uses Chrome. But whenever there is a popup, it opens the opera browser with everything my account, passwords,...
  4. Syncing Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts on the same PC? This is a family account that is corrupted and I kind of wanted to switch to a local account to get rid of the problem...
  5. Syncing Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Syncing Settings: Hi All, Is it possible to transfer settings across accounts in the same PC? THis is a family account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-settings/1b84cf76-8d89-400f-8a4a-8914db6aeea7
  6. Syncing settings

Syncing settings: I got a new laptop for work and in setting it up synced the settings from my personal microsoft account I use on my PC at home. Instead of taking all my personal PC settings to the laptop it took the laptop settings to my PC. How do I undo and reverse this? Thank...
  7. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: Hi everyone, I have questions about what kind of app data is synchronized with the Sync Settings function in my windows PC. Does Sync Settings send app data from the hidden AppData folder in my PC (Local, Local low, and Roaming folders) to OneDrive? Does it send settings...
  8. sync settings

sync settings: I am running windows 10 and i am supposedly the administrator of this pc when i go to settings and my sync options i get a message that i can not change these settings because they are hidden or managed by my organization what is this...
  9. Sync Settings

Sync Settings: What does this mean when I am wanting to Sync my settings "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation"?? How do I get rid of this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings/ec8a40c1-2ef7-4dce-a71f-fc49733aaf22
  10. Audio is out of sync on browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Audio is out of sync on browsers: Hi. I hope someone can help me. For about 8-12 weeks, I have been having a problem with watching videos online and streaming videos. It doesn't matter which site I am on, Youtube, Liveleak, CNN (or any of the news sites), streaming live sites, the audio goes out of sync...