Windows 10: Browser tab preview in taskbar icon?

Discus and support Browser tab preview in taskbar icon? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm OK with the different look of 7/8/10, but I really miss the XP feature of seeing essentially the contents of the open browser tab mirrored in the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CTPhil, Feb 2, 2016.

1. CTPhil Win User

Browser tab preview in taskbar icon?

I'm OK with the different look of 7/8/10, but I really miss the XP feature of seeing essentially the contents of the open browser tab mirrored in the taskbar icon. Is there any way to get that functionality in Win 10?

Thanks!

Browser tab preview in taskbar icon? [​IMG]

:)

CTPhil, Feb 2, 2016

2. Taskbar does not display tab previews for non-Microsoft browsers

The taskbar will not display tab previews for non-Microsoft applications with tabs, including Chrome and Firefox.

hackwrench, Feb 2, 2016
  3. disable right corner access to desktop

Right click on a blank part of the taskbar. On the Taskbar tab, in the centre, clear Use Peek to preview the desktop.

Alan Russell, Feb 2, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @CTPhil welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Right click on your taskbar, choose Properties, on the 'Taskbar' tab, drop the menu down beside "Taskbar buttons" and choose 'Never combine', click Apply and OK.

Edwin, Feb 2, 2016
  5. CTPhil Win User
    Wow, how embarrassing! I completely missed that! Thank you. *Smile

CTPhil, Feb 2, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    No worries mate, happens to the best of us! Enjoy your stay here at TF!

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser tab preview in taskbar icon? - Similar Threads - Browser tab preview

2. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  3. Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove taskbar thumbnail previews for browsers with multiple tabs open.: If you click on any app on your taskbar besides browsers it just opens that app. That's great. Thumbs up emoji.Win10 and Win11 if you click on a browser with multiple tabs open it opens a THUMBNAIL PREVIEW.If you DOUBLE CLICK on a browser with multiple tabs open it still...
  4. Is there a way to sort taskbar icon preview order?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to sort taskbar icon preview order?: I'm not sure what it's exactly called, but when you have multiple folders open(or similar stacking files) and when you hover over them and they show the a thumbnail is it possible to sort there order? I exited out of a folder by accident and now its out of order. Hope there...
  5. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  6. taskbar / taskband combined app tabbed preview too thick

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar / taskband combined app tabbed preview too thick: I'm struggling with the taskbar / task band combined app preview tabs being too thick. Previously I was able to fit about 37-38-39 preview tabs on the stack in 4k. Now I am unable to fit more than 29-30 and have to scroll through that list. Does anyone know how to...
  7. Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview

Windows 10 taskbar app icon not showing preview Taskbar Hover preview: When i hover my mouse over a app on the taskbar like google which has over 1 window of it open it doesn't show previews for the multiple windows but when it has just 1 it shows the preview fine. It used to show all but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to fix this? Happens with...
  8. Browser tab switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser tab switching: Now, hopefully this is fine, otherwise let me know where I should post this...and yes I have done a few Google searches to the avail of "this feature is coming!" Etc etc... I finally got the may 2020 update (fresh install with hardware upgraded) in July. Up until then, I was...
  9. Windows Preview Tab

Windows Preview Tab: Why can't I PERMANENTLY delete the preview tab. Keeps coming up no matter what or which suggestion I use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-preview-tab/cd386a23-a4f0-47e6-b6a4-b5422ef5a871
  10. Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.

Edge taskbar preview only showing first tab.: My problem is that the Edge thumbnail preview that displays when hovering over the icon on the taskbar only shows the active tab in each window, instead of all tabs. This started after I had an issue were Edge opened off screen (running multiple displays). I had to use...