Windows 10: Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

Discus and support Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know if this issue is browser related or an issue with Widows 10 or video drivers. Whenever the browser is open, the tabs and cursor will... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rockytop, Nov 8, 2017.

1. rockytop Win User

Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

I don't know if this issue is browser related or an issue with Widows 10 or video drivers. Whenever the browser is open, the tabs and cursor will oscillate at a high rate. The only way to stop this is to do "CTRL, ALT, Del" and open the Task Manager. The oscillating stops for awhile and starts again. I have updated Chrome and disabled most of the extensions. What makes me think it may not be browser related is the oscillations occur when I have Word or Excel open and the browser is shut down. When I am working with an Excel document, what should take a few minutes to do, takes at least 10 times as long.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

rockytop, Nov 8, 2017

2. Cursor moves when I move the mouse, but so does the image

Tried that, thanks, but it had no impact.

Images and maps (within frames in browser tabs/windows) still stick to the cursor, and the map or image moves with the cursor when no mouse buttons are being held down.

All other use of the mouse works perfectly.

Anon E. Mouse, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Tab key on Lumia 520 keyboard

Sorry, no I don't mean to open another browser page as in tabbed browsing.

To clarify, let's say you are about to sign into a website, you type your name into the 'Username' box, you then hit the 'Tab' key on your keyboard and it places your cursor into the next box, in my example this would be the 'Password' box.

What key to you use to place your cursor into the next box?

I can't seem to find the 'Tab' key on my keyboard.

s

StephenSLR, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

Hi rockytop.

So when did this problem start?

What was installed, connected or changed one or two days before, please also review Windows Update history?

What version and build are you on, Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

What make and model of graphics adapter do you have?

If drivers are up to date have you tried rolling back drivers?

Have you tried checking for newer drivers?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

1. Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate - Similar Threads - Browser Tabs Cursor

2. Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?): Hi All, I'm new here, but I've had serious problems with W10 for a while and it seems to be related to how many tabs I have open in any web browser. It doesn't seem to matter which one. I've tried Chrome, FF, Edge. Just a few minutes ago Edge was using almost 10GB of RAM and...
  3. New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Tabs in Windows 10 Browsers Open in Background: As known in Windows 10 new tabs now open in the background. This drives me nuts since I prefer the old way whereby clicking a link automatically opens and take you to the new tab in the forefront. Is there anyway to reset Firefox and Edge so that tabs open in the foreground...
  4. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  5. Multiple Firefox browser tabs load

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Firefox browser tabs load: *BiggrinRandomly when i`m using Outlook 365 or Firefox 62, numerous Firefox icons will run along the taskbar and vertically, and it`s quite difficult to stop and get rid of them, and most times i have to turn the computer off to start again. On the page it loads is "Try...
  6. Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Brave Browser - where's the session/tabs data?: I'm having problems with these two browsers and I'm reinstalling Windows anyway and I need to get my tabs from them (neither is working right now, so I can't get into the browsers). Does anyone know where they store their session/tab data?
  7. No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No browser except for edge is able to open multiple tabs: Hey, My problem began after the update on the 24th of July (KB434521) for version 1803. I was a chrome user and when I started chrome yesterday and tried opening more than 2 tabs, it would say pages are unresponsive and the only way to close it was to open task manager and...
  8. Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tabbing from Fullscreened games causes unaligned cursor: So I noticed this when right after I downloaded Windows 10 that when I alt-tab from video games on fullscreen and alt-tab back in, my cursor will read slightly to the left of where it actually is on the screen. What I've noticed when I alt-tab is that all my maximized windows...
  9. Browser tab preview in taskbar icon?

in Browsers and Email
    Browser tab preview in taskbar icon?: I'm OK with the different look of 7/8/10, but I really miss the XP feature of seeing essentially the contents of the open browser tab mirrored in the taskbar icon. Is there any way to get that functionality in Win 10? Thanks! [img] 39634
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...