Windows 10: Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

Discus and support Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know if this issue is browser related or an issue with Widows 10 or video drivers. Whenever the browser is open, the tabs and cursor will... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rockytop, Nov 8, 2017.

1. rockytop Win User

Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

I don't know if this issue is browser related or an issue with Widows 10 or video drivers. Whenever the browser is open, the tabs and cursor will oscillate at a high rate. The only way to stop this is to do "CTRL, ALT, Del" and open the Task Manager. The oscillating stops for awhile and starts again. I have updated Chrome and disabled most of the extensions. What makes me think it may not be browser related is the oscillations occur when I have Word or Excel open and the browser is shut down. When I am working with an Excel document, what should take a few minutes to do, takes at least 10 times as long.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

:)

rockytop, Nov 8, 2017

2. Cursor moves when I move the mouse, but so does the image

Tried that, thanks, but it had no impact.

Images and maps (within frames in browser tabs/windows) still stick to the cursor, and the map or image moves with the cursor when no mouse buttons are being held down.

All other use of the mouse works perfectly.

Anon E. Mouse, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Tab key on Lumia 520 keyboard

Sorry, no I don't mean to open another browser page as in tabbed browsing.

To clarify, let's say you are about to sign into a website, you type your name into the 'Username' box, you then hit the 'Tab' key on your keyboard and it places your cursor into the next box, in my example this would be the 'Password' box.

What key to you use to place your cursor into the next box?

I can't seem to find the 'Tab' key on my keyboard.

s

StephenSLR, Nov 8, 2017
  4. Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

Hi rockytop.

So when did this problem start?

What was installed, connected or changed one or two days before, please also review Windows Update history?

What version and build are you on, Windows key + R, type winver, enter.

What make and model of graphics adapter do you have?

If drivers are up to date have you tried rolling back drivers?

Have you tried checking for newer drivers?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate

1. Browser Tabs and Cursor Oscillate - Similar Threads - Browser Tabs Cursor

2. Browser tabs not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser tabs not working correctly: When opening a new tab on any browser, the previous tab that is still open stops sound and action. This is new since earlier this morning and the only change is Windows driver update. Is there a settng that I need to change so that the tabs work correctly?...
  3. Browser tabs not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser tabs not working correctly: When opening a new tab on any browser, the previous tab that is still open stops sound and action. This is new since earlier this morning and the only change is Windows driver update. Is there a settng that I need to change so that the tabs work correctly?...
  4. tab's showing when in full screen and cursor not locking into web browser games win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab's showing when in full screen and cursor not locking into web browser games win 11: So! i've been looking around for a solution for about half a year now and at this point im not even sure there is a solution but here is my issues followed by what i've tried to fix itso when i play games specifically browser games and i press hold right click to look around...
  5. tab's showing when in full screen and cursor not locking into web browser games win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tab's showing when in full screen and cursor not locking into web browser games win 11: So! i've been looking around for a solution for about half a year now and at this point im not even sure there is a solution but here is my issues followed by what i've tried to fix itso when i play games specifically browser games and i press hold right click to look around...
  6. Underrated feature? Browser tabs in ALT+TAB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Underrated feature? Browser tabs in ALT+TAB: I've seen a few people moaning about this but personally I think it's a great feature For those that aren't aware, the latest Windows 10 can display browser tabs from Edge in the ALT+TAB screen. At home, I run a combination of full screen apps and a few common websites, and...
  7. Chrome tabs and browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome tabs and browsers: I have a new HP laptop and I am running an extra screen. One the extra screen, I have 2 Chrome browsers with multiple different tabs on each browser. I have a Chrome browser on the laptop with different tabs. I would like that desktop set-up to be the same when I restart or...
  8. Browser tab switching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser tab switching: Now, hopefully this is fine, otherwise let me know where I should post this...and yes I have done a few Google searches to the avail of "this feature is coming!" Etc etc... I finally got the may 2020 update (fresh install with hardware upgraded) in July. Up until then, I was...
  9. Browser opens multiple tabs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser opens multiple tabs: When I open google to access the internet, it opens with 3 tabs. All say the webpage was not found or is unavailable. I can enter a new address into any three of the search bars and access the internet. I have set my google preferences to only open the google search page upon...
  10. Edge - Browser Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Browser Tabs: Hi Everyone, I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced the following & if so, is there a fix. When I have a bunch of tabs open & click on the "+" on the top right of the screen to open a new tab. In the lower part of the screen it reflects the new tab, but when I...