Windows 10: Browser video won't stay full screen

Discus and support Browser video won't stay full screen in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey everyone, When I'm watching a video full screen within my browser (Firefox) it will randomly leave the full screen view and go back to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by shingy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. shingy Win User

Browser video won't stay full screen

Hey everyone,

When I'm watching a video full screen within my browser (Firefox) it will randomly leave the full screen view and go back to the standard view. It doesn't always happen, but I'd guess it occurs about a third of the time. It seems to happen mostly when I'm viewing a video on Youtube, but it does happen on embedded Youtube videos that are on another site and videos using other platforms like Vimeo. I've had this issue using both flash and html5 players, different versions of windows, Firefox browsers, and even different computers. Given that, I suspect it has something to do with my Firefox configuration, but I have no clue what could be causing it and since the problem doesn't occur all the time, it's hard to troubleshoot.

Has anyone run into this and/or have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Thanks,
    Jason

:)

shingy, Mar 27, 2017

2. Taskbar in fullscreen videos

I noticed recently that when viewing full screen videos on my laptop, the taskbar stays on and fully or partially obstructs the volume control, the play/pause button, etc. It doesn't matter which video site or browser I use, the taskbar won't go away on
    my laptop screen. I have also found that when pressing F11 to view the browser in full screen, the taskbar again stays on.

I have an external dell monitor and the taskbar still disappears when a video plays in full screen or when viewing browsers in full screen.

I do not recall changing any settings. "Lock the taskbar" was set to off but the issue occurs with and without it on. Any ideas?

Goodell Must Go, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Problem with fullscreen on 1 display and not the other

yes it does. Only web browsers will not leave full screen video or web page.

This is why you make the 1. NORMAL windows mode to cover the whole screen as in dragging the corner of window from top left to lower right, and browsers too.

2. Then you have FULL window (Lock) mode, and that is the icon next to EXIT RED X.

3. Then you have full screen with nothing but Video or a webpage.

Now if you had Windows media player playing on one screen in full screen, and you click on desktop or press certain function keys, then it exits full screen.

But if WMP is in full screen and you have open windows or apps on the other screen, you can work with them and the Video would not come out of full screen. usually the desktop clicking does it.

I am actually watching a Video now in WMP on 2nd screen and typing on here on main screen and clicking on task bar between open windows and it stays full screen.

So just avoid click on the desktop.

seahawks65, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Bigfoot Win User

No suggestions here, but wanted to say that I've been using Firefox too and often watch videos on YouTube and on other sites where they're embedded, and have never had that problem before.

Bigfoot, Mar 27, 2017
  5. shingy Win User
    Thanks for your response, Bigfoot

shingy, Mar 28, 2017
  6. shingy Win User
    Anyone have any ideas? This is beyond annoying!

shingy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Browser video won't stay full screen - Similar Threads - Browser video won't

2. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  3. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  4. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  6. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  7. Videos on browser won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Videos on browser won't work: so i am using the Yendex browser eveything was fine yesterday before the latest update, after the update the videos or gifs on Reddit or Twitter won't play, this is a problem also with Tidal being not able to playback. any thoughts? Update: kb4578968 submitted by...
  8. Browser isn't in full screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser isn't in full screen.: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  9. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...
  10. Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Edge (browser) won't stay open: This afternoon Edge suddenly stopped staying open. i.e. I click on the Edge icon and an Edge window opens but closes silently about 5 seconds later. Edge worked fine earlier in the day and the only things that I did besides e-mail (Thunderbird) and browsing (Vivaldi and Edge)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hulu wont stay full screen

2. browser wont support full screen video

3. browers wont support video full screen