Windows 10: browser window not re-sizing when using touch

Discus and support browser window not re-sizing when using touch in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In windows 8.1 when I used touch with Chrome it would resize the window so I can see what I was typing but on Windows 10 it only resizes the window if... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Deihmos, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Deihmos Win User

browser window not re-sizing when using touch

In windows 8.1 when I used touch with Chrome it would resize the window so I can see what I was typing but on Windows 10 it only resizes the window if the browser is not maximized and it does not work in tablet mode at all with the chrome browser. Anyone know of a work around ?

:)

Deihmos, Mar 4, 2016

2. Minimizing and re-sizing the window.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

I suggest you to follow the below methods to troubleshoot:

Method 1: Perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: Please run System Update readiness tool on the computer. Please follow the below link to run System Update readiness tool.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please reply in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Minimizing and re-sizing the window.

The window Minimize/Maximize/Restore button on the top right of any window doesn't do jack. The window stays huge, taking up the entire screen and doesn't resize unless you want it to snap to half the screen. Which I don't. I want the window to be the
    size I want it to be.

PeterMarquez, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

browser window not re-sizing when using touch

1. browser window not re-sizing when using touch - Similar Threads - browser window sizing

2. Windows RE tools partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows RE tools partition size: How do I increase the size of my "Windows RE tools" partition? My Acronis disk backup is failing due to it not having enough free space 320 MB needed. If I open the Disk Management tool, that partition does not show up....
  3. Lagging when using browsers?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lagging when using browsers?: I usually use Chrome and I'm getting lags that are starting to get annoying. I don't usually get input lag but it happening more often. Sometimes I can't move my mouse and have to wait 2-5 seconds to see everything catch up. The mouse lag I described can happen in intervals...
  4. Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Sizes When Using External Monitor: Hey Gang, I am new to Windows. I came from Apple. Last time I use Windows was Windows Vista. My question is. I have a Dell Laptop and Dell External Monitor. Is it possible for Windows to remember your window sizes when switching from laptop display to external display....
  5. WIndows suggested re-sizing feature

WIndows suggested re-sizing feature: Dear Sirs, I first encountered this feature on my first windows 7 machine and found a way to turn it off (over 4 years ago). I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the feature re-enabled itself. Every time I grab a title bar on any window, three small auto-size suggestion...
  6. Size of the Touch Keyboard

Size of the Touch Keyboard: Hello, when comparing the size of the Touch keyboard of W10 14393.1593 vs 14393.2430 the new keyboard is about 30% higher. The single character key had a size of 54 Pixel and the new one has a size of 70 Pixel. This effects our software in a bad way. Is there a way to...
  7. re-size problem in Windows 10

re-size problem in Windows 10: When I want to resize a windows in windows 10 and select the resize button (upper right), nothing happens. when I try Alt-S, the Size selection is grayed out. Why? How do I resize windows?...
  8. Re-sizing photos

Re-sizing photos: On my old W7 pc I always found it quick and easy to reduce photos etc for emailing; all I had to do was right click on the photo or document, then click on Re-size. There was a choice of reductions. How can I do this in W10? Thanks in anticipation. 79608
  9. Unwanted touch-pad and keyboard re-sizing of active window

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted touch-pad and keyboard re-sizing of active window: This is driving me crazy. I have gone through the synaptic touch pad settings several times and and I still have to use cat paw touches on the keyboard and touch pad to keep the window from randomly zooming. Also the search window keeps popping up randomly and I have to tap...
  10. auto re sizing of windows boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    auto re sizing of windows boxes: ok so when I click on the top of a window to drag it to where I want it a ghost box appears. then when I let go of mouse button it resizes and moves the box that I have positioned to some where else. I have turned off the snap function yet this auto resizing is really...