Windows 10: Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain.

Discus and support Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; We have just upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Enterprise at the school were I work. In many classrooms we started receiving reports of browsers crashing and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by soundmixermt, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain.

We have just upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Enterprise at the school were I work. In many classrooms we started receiving reports of browsers crashing and freezing up momentarily. This happens most often with Chrome but I have seen it with Firefox and Edge. We tried uninstall/reinstall on all browsers, leaving and rejoining the domain, /flushdns, /releaseip, clearing browser cache, repeated reboots, checking for latest NIC drivers, Windows updates, etc. all to no avail. Then I tested the same machines with a USB wifi adapter and unplugged the ethernet cable. No problems with any browsers. Then I left our domain but reconnected the network cable just to have internet access. Again, smooth sailing. So, I rejoined the domain and the problems came right back. I don't believe we changed anything on our group policy administration or dns/domain controller before we upgraded the classroom computers. I'm not certain but think we might be using roaming profiles as well (I don't administer this stuff but am trying to help our with my limited network skills). Are there certain domain, group policy, or dns settings that we should check since the classroom machines now have a different OS? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

soundmixermt, Sep 23, 2017
  2. AndyZ1977 Win User

Settings app crashing when I click "About" tab

I'm trying to join my PC to a domain, and every time I click the "About" tab the Settings app just crashes (window vanishes, back to Desktop). How can I join the domain, or prevent this crash?

AndyZ1977, Sep 23, 2017
  3. Remote Desktop Connection is not asking for login credentials

The only solution I've found is to manually add a set of generic credentials for the target RDP host in the credentials manager on the client. Note that I only see this behavior when my client machine is not joined to an AD domain (specifically logging
    on to the client using a MS account). The target RDP server is joined into an AD domain.

The same server can be accessed normally from a Windows 10 host joined to an AD domain (not necessarily the same domain as the target).

Hope this helps.

Gerald Carter, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain.

1. Browsers crash and freeze up - but only when joined to domain. - Similar Threads - Browsers crash freeze

2. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  3. domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    domain login freezing when joining domain for the first time: Setting up a new Dell AIO pc as a workgroup pc was working correctly the minute I joined it to the domain currently a 2012R2 domain it wont logon to the domain user account and just sits there saying welcome and never actually logs in.Anyone got any ideas?...
  4. Problem Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  5. Problem Joining a Domain

Problem Joining a Domain: I have a new Windows 11 Pro PC...and cannot join my domain. I enter the correct user name and password and domain i even tried domainname.local. It then asks for the computer name and computer domain. I have no idea what the computer domain is. I tried my network domain and...
  6. Delegate "Domain Join Only" permission to a standard user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delegate "Domain Join Only" permission to a standard user: Hi Everyone,I am managing Active Directory environment where i need to delegate permission on OU for few users to be able to create Computer Objects. These users will also be able to Delete Computer Objects etc. I am able to configure permissions for this. Then, i need to...
  7. Delegate "Domain Join Only" permission to a standard user

Delegate "Domain Join Only" permission to a standard user: Hi Everyone,I am managing Active Directory environment where i need to delegate permission on OU for few users to be able to create Computer Objects. These users will also be able to Delete Computer Objects etc. I am able to configure permissions for this. Then, i need to...
  8. Cant join domain

Cant join domain: Hello,Someone in my company bought a Surface go 3 but bought it with windows 11 home edition so we cant join it to our domain.I removed it from s mode and tried to enter our pro key multiple activation but it wouldn't accept it. I tried entering the generic key...
  9. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Domain Joining error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Joining error: Hai all I am Sumesh I have a problem for joining to my company domain ,if we trying to join a new win10 PC to domain its showing the below error Our Server is win2008 R2 and this system is win 10 pro 64bit please help me to solve this issu...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartscreen my subjects