Windows 10: Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

Discus and support Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Either Chrome or Edge give me the error described in the attach image, help? [img] Edit: I've just applied the "Take ownership" command to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

Either Chrome or Edge give me the error described in the attach image, help?

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error [​IMG]

Edit: I've just applied the "Take ownership" command to the folder specified in the error, i hope it helps

:)

marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015

2. I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files

I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files. I would like to use adobe reader as a stand alone application. This is because some of the software I use will not give me error free .pdf files through Edge. I have to change it to "Open in Internet
    Explorer" to get an error free version from the software.

There seems to be an issue with Edge as all other browsers open the .pdf file without errors. Edge has most of the filled in data missing.

Original Title: Edge and Adobe Reader

rgiles_812, Aug 13, 2015
  3. loowool Win User
    Probelm with Edge and ContentType="application/pdf" And content-disposition "inline;filename=report.pdf"

After upgrading my Win 8.1 Machine to Win 10, I'm facing a problem with displaying inline a pdf file.

Here's my C# code in my ASP.NET application:

Response.Clear();

Response.ClearHeaders();

Response.ClearContent();

Response.ContentType
    = "application/pdf";

Response.AddHeader("content-disposition","inline;filename=report.pdf");

Response.BinaryWrite(pdfFileBuffered);

Response.End();

The above works on all browsers, except on Edge where it give me the following error:

Couldn’t open PDF

Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

What am I doing wrong?

loowool, Aug 13, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

I prefer to use another PDF reader rather that Adobe one. PDF Xchange Viewer or Foxit or something else. They are lightweight and seem to work just fine inside web browsers.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Well, it's started bothering me since I upgraded to win 10, never a problem before

marcosdipaolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

1. Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error - Similar Threads - Browsers Adobre PDF

2. Give me back Dolby

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Give me back Dolby: Fix Dolby https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-me-back-dolby/26d16b8a-1ab2-4483-950f-1acea2546d57
  3. My new computer is giving me a error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My new computer is giving me a error: Its saying 0xc000000e error and a device is not put in what do i do! it wont even turn all the way on please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-computer-is-giving-me-a-error/d25849b9-3a0d-4f46-831d-2156acaac84a
  4. Printing pdf file name gives gibberish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing pdf file name gives gibberish: Since an update of Windows 10 a few weeks ago, printing a PDF file via "Microsoft Print to PDF" does not allow typing in a name of the PDF file created. The characters typed for the name of the new PDF file have nothing to do with the characters appearing on the screen. I am...
  5. Bluetooth Headphones giving me a "Driver Error"..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones giving me a "Driver Error"..: Hello! I have a Jlab Neon BT Headset that is for some reason.. giving me a driver error. Plus with my computer, they only work in call mode, with bad sound quality, cause, well, they act like they're in a call. However, with my phone, they work just fine. What's going on..?...
  6. Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Reset Wizard keeps giving me an error message: So I'm trying to use the password reset wizard and I used my laptop to make the disc, but when I try and use it on my PC it gives me the error message, "An error occurred while the wizard was attempting to set the password for this user account". I don't know what to do....
  7. Give me control of updates!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Give me control of updates!!: This morning (24th Aug) I set the latest updates, which downloaded without me asking and showed my system right down, to install on the 30th Aug. I put my laptop to sleep and go back to it an hours later. It says "installing updates" that I didn't ask it to download in the...
  8. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348
  9. Each BSOD gives me different ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Each BSOD gives me different ERROR: So, I'm getting multiple crashes mostly during games, Here is the DM TOOL logs. Edit: I forgot to add that I ran 3 passes of Memtest86+ with no errors. I know I should of done 8 but 3 took 6 hours *Sad 35746
  10. Give Me a Clue

in Windows 10 Support
    Give Me a Clue: Trying to post in Chillout Forum and get this . [img] 3928