Windows 10: Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

Discus and support Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Either Chrome or Edge give me the error described in the attach image, help? [img] Edit: I've just applied the "Take ownership" command to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

Either Chrome or Edge give me the error described in the attach image, help?

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error [​IMG]

Edit: I've just applied the "Take ownership" command to the folder specified in the error, i hope it helps

:)

marcosdipaolo, Aug 13, 2015

2. I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files

I do not want the Edge browser to open my .pdf files. I would like to use adobe reader as a stand alone application. This is because some of the software I use will not give me error free .pdf files through Edge. I have to change it to "Open in Internet
    Explorer" to get an error free version from the software.

There seems to be an issue with Edge as all other browsers open the .pdf file without errors. Edge has most of the filled in data missing.

Original Title: Edge and Adobe Reader

rgiles_812, Aug 13, 2015
  3. loowool Win User
    Probelm with Edge and ContentType="application/pdf" And content-disposition "inline;filename=report.pdf"

After upgrading my Win 8.1 Machine to Win 10, I'm facing a problem with displaying inline a pdf file.

Here's my C# code in my ASP.NET application:

Response.Clear();

Response.ClearHeaders();

Response.ClearContent();

Response.ContentType
    = "application/pdf";

Response.AddHeader("content-disposition","inline;filename=report.pdf");

Response.BinaryWrite(pdfFileBuffered);

Response.End();

The above works on all browsers, except on Edge where it give me the following error:

Couldn’t open PDF

Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

What am I doing wrong?

loowool, Aug 13, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

I prefer to use another PDF reader rather that Adobe one. PDF Xchange Viewer or Foxit or something else. They are lightweight and seem to work just fine inside web browsers.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Well, it's started bothering me since I upgraded to win 10, never a problem before

marcosdipaolo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error

1. Browsers give me an Adobre PDF error - Similar Threads - Browsers Adobre PDF

2. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.: Microsoft Print to PDF is NOT giving me the page size that I pick.It appears to be growing the page size.If I select A4 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 280 x 396 mm.If I select A5 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 197 x 280 mm.Is there a setting or...
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.: Microsoft Print to PDF is NOT giving me the page size that I pick.It appears to be growing the page size.If I select A4 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 280 x 396 mm.If I select A5 from the list the resulting pdf has a size of 197 x 280 mm.Is there a setting or...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF is not giving me the page size that I pick.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Printer giving me an error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer giving me an error message: I have a Brother HL-L2390DW laser printer. It was working fine but after a Windows 10 Update, it is not printing anymore. Everything shows as printer working and connected but no printing. Please advise asap....
  6. PDF opening in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF opening in browser: I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser, can this be done?...
  7. Print to PDF wont give me the right order!

Print to PDF wont give me the right order!: I am using print to PDF to try to get a collection of JPEGs to be a PDF. Whenever I select the folders, the order is completely messed up and I am not sure why it is going by the order it is. All pages are labeled Page 1, Page 2, ect and show up in that order in the folder. I...
  8. Installings gives me an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  9. Web Browser / PDF error 8004808a

Web Browser / PDF error 8004808a: I am a non-very tech savvy grandma who is trying to save a pdf working document. Everything had been working fine until today when I received this error: Web Browser. Could not complete the operation due to error 8004808a. I tried to look in other threads and it shows this...
  10. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348