Windows 10: Browsers have stopped working

Discus and support Browsers have stopped working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I updated my Windows 10 computer a couple pf weeks ago I began to have issues with my web browsers. I was using Google Chrome and it would work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MystikArcher, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Browsers have stopped working

After I updated my Windows 10 computer a couple pf weeks ago I began to have issues with my web browsers. I was using Google Chrome and it would work for about 30 seconds and then freeze and crash. After a couple of days, my plugins stopped working and Chrome would crash almost immediately upon startup. I managed to install Firefox and Edge, but both of them can access about two websites before they seem to disconnect from the internet.

:)

MystikArcher, Aug 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 5, 2018
  3. DS0245 Win User
    All browsers stop working.

I have done system restore, reloaded windows 10. Still all browsers stop working after a period of time. I must restart this laptop and begin again. Other laptops, desktop, tablets working on my wifi. Suggestions?? This has been happening for some
    weeks.

DS0245, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Browsers have stopped working

BF4 Browser Utility

Browsers have stopped working LogoBrowser.png

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

This Browser will reduce the amount of memory a regular browser uses to View the Battlelog. This browser works for BF3 and BF4. Enjoy! *Toast :toast:

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Spoiler: Screen Shots
    Browsers have stopped working Main.jpg

Browsers have stopped working Refresh.jpg

Browsers have stopped working about.jpg

Spoiler: Previous Change Logs Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Spoiler: Bug alert No bugs in this release yet!
    Spoiler: BF4 Browser Utility Disclaimer Disclaimer
    • The "BF4 Browser Utility" is provided as is without any guarantees or warranty.
    • The author is under no obligation to provide support, service, corrections, or upgrades to the "BF4 Browser Utility".
    • The posted file is in no way associated with "techpowerup!". Please direct any issues or questions in this thread.
    • By executing or Downloading the "BF4 Browser Utility" you agree to these terms.
    Spoiler: Requirements Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 - Download
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Browsers have stopped working

1. Browsers have stopped working - Similar Threads - Browsers stopped working

2. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  3. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  4. My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.: I have an Acer spin laptop. The tablet mode works well, however the touch keyboard that pops up when I use it stopped working in browsersI tried google, mozila and duckduckgo. It worked at first, I noticed the mistake a few months ago. The touch keyboard works in my file...
  5. My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.

My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.: I have an Acer spin laptop. The tablet mode works well, however the touch keyboard that pops up when I use it stopped working in browsersI tried google, mozila and duckduckgo. It worked at first, I noticed the mistake a few months ago. The touch keyboard works in my file...
  6. Browsers Stop Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers Stop Working: I have a handful of domain workstations from varying locations whose browsers stop resolving web pages. You can ping by name from a command prompt and all other network services seem to be working except their browsers, like all of them, Firefox, Chrome, Edge... The fix is to...
  7. Browsers Stop Working

Browsers Stop Working: I have a handful of domain workstations from varying locations whose browsers stop resolving web pages. You can ping by name from a command prompt and all other network services seem to be working except their browsers, like all of them, Firefox, Chrome, Edge... The fix is to...
  8. Browsers Stop Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. update browser for app has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    update browser for app has stopped working: does anyone have any idea what this relates to following the latest Microsoft may windows 10 build ? thanks 180574
  10. Browsers just stopped working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers just stopped working in Windows 10: submitted by /u/LoveLaika237 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leonqq/browsers_just_stopped_working_in_windows_10/