Windows 10: Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet

Discus and support Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I use any other program on my computer like a game or webinar that is using the internet connection my browsers will show that they are offline. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marc Peck, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Marc Peck Win User

Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet

If I use any other program on my computer like a game or webinar that is using the internet connection my browsers will show that they are offline. If I wait about 30 seconds after closing the other programs I can use the browsers again. How do I get back to using both at the same time?

:)

Marc Peck, Aug 12, 2018

2. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet :)

4. Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet

how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet

1. Browsers say off line if any other program is using the internet - Similar Threads - Browsers off line

2. I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internet: As I cannot follow up on @sbhollingworthI can ping but cannot use any browser ... says I am disconnected from the internetThis question which has been locked describes my issue virtually...
  3. My printer says off line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer says off line: Can't get my printer to print, keep getting message that it's off line. I've tried different things...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-says-off-line/6d6e7f6c-04f8-47da-8945-93accaefd632
  4. My printer says off line

My printer says off line: Can't get my printer to print, keep getting message that it's off line. I've tried different things...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-says-off-line/6d6e7f6c-04f8-47da-8945-93accaefd632
  5. Internet working in browsers but unable to install any programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet working in browsers but unable to install any programs: Internet working in browsers but unable to install any programs such as antidote, Microsoft office 365, Teams and zoom app...They download but can't install. Unable to log in because says there is no internet connection...but there is. My kids spend all day doing virtual...
  6. Network problem - Can connect to Internet browsers but not to other Apps/programs

Network problem - Can connect to Internet browsers but not to other Apps/programs: Hello, To briefly summarise, I seem to be able to connect to the internet via browsers Chrome/firefox, but not on other platforms/apps, for example Outlook app, Spotify, Steam etc... This seems absolutely bizarre, considering the problem is usually with the browsers! And...
  7. Web Browsers are downloading everything slower than any other program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Browsers are downloading everything slower than any other program.: Not sure why, but for the past month my browser (Firefox Quantum) has been downloading everything way slower than on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, etc. I tried downloading Chrome and using another browser and they do the same thing. I'm really not sure what to try to do at this...
  8. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser: Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then...
  9. cant install any program off the internet

cant install any program off the internet: so i reinstalled windows 10 pro fresh and now i cant install any program of the internet. i tryed everything but it doesnt work. it always said that 'cant connect to download center' if u find anything that can fix this problem i apreciate. update: i remembered that i...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....