Windows 10: Browsers won't display mobile version of websites in tablet mode

Discus and support Browsers won't display mobile version of websites in tablet mode in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I just have a simple question. I recently bought a cheap Win10 tablet, but when I'm in tablet mode most websites load in their desktop... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by magnamus, Jul 24, 2016.

1. magnamus Win User

Browsers won't display mobile version of websites in tablet mode

Hi everyone, I just have a simple question. I recently bought a cheap Win10 tablet, but when I'm in tablet mode most websites load in their desktop form, and only the ones with responsive layouts change when I'm holding the tablet in portrait orientation. Is this normal?

This is an RCA Cambio W101 V2, it works pretty well for what it is, but it kind of bothers me that tablet mode doesn't appear to change user agent.

I forgot to mention that I've tried Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera with the same result.

:)

magnamus, Jul 24, 2016
  2. Marek St. Win User

Internet explorer opens webpage only in mobile view

Hi VanshVardhan Jha.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that despite the Website preference Setting set to Desktop Mode, a website you're mentioning still only displays it's mobile version.

Unfortunately certain websites will detect you device, as a mobile device and despite the settings won't allow accessing the desktop variant of the site. Hence the issue occurring on two different web browser that you have tried.

Thank You

Marek S.

Marek St., Jul 24, 2016
  3. 안창민 Win User
    how to view mobile version website on Surface3 with Edge browser?

as you guys know, there are two ways of using Windows10 devices, tablet mode and desktop mode

i wanna use my surface3 as a TABLET with the mobile version websites like m.youtube.com, but it always connected to www.youtube.com on the Edge browser.

of course i know i am able to view those pages by tying the mobile page address(;m.yahoo.com) but it is pretty uncomfortable to use it as the tablet like iPad series.

any solution on this issue?

thank you for your time.

안창민, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Browsers won't display mobile version of websites in tablet mode

1. Browsers won't display mobile version of websites in tablet mode - Similar Threads - Browsers won't display

2. Tablet mode won't enabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode won't enabled: Hi there, thank you in advance. I'm using an HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE, which is a 2-in-1 device, but tablet mode won't enabled when I flip my device which is the only method available in windows 11 since my keyboard is undetachable, I have updated all available windows...
  3. Tablet mode won't enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode won't enabled: Hi there, thank you in advance. I'm using an HP ProBook x360 11 G6 EE, which is a 2-in-1 device, but tablet mode won't enabled when I flip my device which is the only method available in windows 11 since my keyboard is undetachable, I have updated all available windows...
  4. Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode: Hybrid laptop/tablet running Win11.If I set up the virtual keyboard in laptop mode landscape mode then I can get the virtual number pad.If I fold the keyboard away and rotate into portrait mode I still have the same virtual keyboard with virtual numpad.BUT...If I close the...
  5. Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual numpad won't show in tablet mode: Hybrid laptop/tablet running Win11.If I set up the virtual keyboard in laptop mode landscape mode then I can get the virtual number pad.If I fold the keyboard away and rotate into portrait mode I still have the same virtual keyboard with virtual numpad.BUT...If I close the...
  6. My Tablet Mode Won't Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Tablet Mode Won't Work: Hi,Ever since I got my Windows 10 I have never been able to get tablet mode to work. Whenever I press tablet mode it shows that I am in tablet mode but I can't touch my screen, it only allows me to use my cursor.-Autumn s....
  7. Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Multiple Displays with Tablet Mode: I am connecting my Ipad to my Win 10 system using Duet. Is it possible to have the Ipad running in Win 10 Tablet mode while my main desktop screen is not? submitted by /u/chopowski [link] [comments]...
  8. Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?: So I see most Android browsers now have this function, but the closest I have seen PC browsers come to this is FF with Night Owl addon. Any browsers with native night mode? submitted by /u/terambino [link] [comments]...
  9. tablet mode with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tablet mode with multiple displays: I believe this is a known issue with Windows 10 -- that tablet mode is deactivated if the computer has multiple displays. Has anyone devised a workaround?...
  10. One website displays as text on 3 browsers

in Browsers and Email
    One website displays as text on 3 browsers: On Windows 10 laptop, all sites load properly except for one. (It worked earlier today and suddenly stopped) I've tried loading in Firefox, Edge and Chrome. All display same way, text only. Here is a screen snip to show what it looks like [img] Site is...