Windows 10: Browsers

Discus and support Browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just a little question on the Browser-Microsoft Edge. Can you use another one as well with keeping the Edge as your default browser? Say for example... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Carol5xy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Carol5xy Win User

Browsers

Just a little question on the Browser-Microsoft Edge. Can you use another one as well with keeping the Edge as your default browser? Say for example use also google Chrome as well?
    I currently have Internet Explorer as my default and use Chrome as my other one.

Carol

:)

Carol5xy, Aug 1, 2015

2. Browsers?

OK, 1st I'm using my Microsoft Lumia 640XL PHONE (no PC yet, just moved) after finally getting the right upgrade of Windows 10 Mobile (not the PC version like at first, talk about a nightmare!) anyway...which browser am I supposed to be using? Bing, Microsoft
    Edge, IE11, or does it really matter? I'm a huge fan of Microsoft & want the best experience with them (that I can afford, lol) but all the articles, blogs, & support guides are all different when it comes to this topic?!? I love Cortana & want to be able
    to use the "hey Cortana" feature but I'm constantly having to figure out how to activate it again because some searches she speaks & some not a peep. I drive alot for work and the ease of access to say hey Cortana is great but not when half way through my
    drive it stops because I've selected something that changes my browser (if the site uses IE11 say) so Cortana is quiet & I'm driving so can't reset everything, and just where/why/how does Bing fit into all of this. Also..WHY IS THERE THIS DELA WHENEVER I POST
    A QUESTION?!? not only is it very slo but as you can see not everything I type is used??? Very very aggravating! Thanks in advance

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

KristinePG, Aug 1, 2015
  3. ng85---01 Win User
    Web browsers

Service providers provide different types of settings for different tasks. Even if you have got them from the provider they might not work with some apps while they may work with others. For Opera Mini & most other applications requiring internet access
    you need to define proper access points. Some providers will provide upto 5 access points in their settings for different tasks. So unless you have set the access points correctly it wont matter even if you have them in the phone. Thats why i asked you check
    the link for settings or you may contact the operator.

ng85---01, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Browsers

Absolutely!

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Carol,

Yes, you can use as many web browsers as you like, and make any one of them your default at any time. *Smile

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Carol5xy Win User
    Thank you.

Carol5xy, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  8. rootie Win User

Browsers

*Sad
    I must have a setting wrong. Windows 10 won't let me default to firefox browser. I like Edge but also like using firefox sometimes. Any advice or solution?

rootie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Browsers

1. Browsers - Similar Threads - Browsers

2. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  3. Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have...: Why does Windows 11 Start/Search default to Edge browser regardless of what browser I have set as default? I have also tried setting the links to the alternative browser but still, it opens Edge browser....
  4. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  5. Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...

Can I just have a google browser for my own search? I don't need Bing or Microsoft Edge as...: I just want my startup browser to be google not the microsoft edge browser nor Bing. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-just-have-a-google-browser-for-my-own-search/4a7d21a3-2bf0-445e-afdc-c1eaff62322a
  6. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  7. Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?

Can I use the lockdown browser for the surface go 3?: Hello, I have a surface go 3 and I would like to know if I can use this laptop to write an exam with the lockdown browser. Will there be any problems if I do that and should I avoid using this laptopt? is there any possibility it will crash?...
  8. I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...

I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...: I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now kindly help me i use this web through mn mobile huawei...
  9. I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now...: I uploaded pictures in some browsers web they show parameter error 613 what i should do now kindly help me i use this web through mn mobile huawei...
  10. "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Virus scan failed" message everytime i try to download from browser..: How do I fix this? It just happened out of nowhere. I tried downloading on Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-scan-failed-message-everytime-i-try-to/9e513f37-f335-4d84-9343-0a2f91968092