Windows 10: BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games

Discus and support BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, but doing so has brought about some DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's while playing more taxing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by apathyrecharge, Sep 22, 2017.

1. BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games

Hey all, I've recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10, but doing so has brought about some DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's while playing more taxing games such as Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice or Sleeping Dogs. Less intensive games cause no issue. My system is overclocked however these settings were perfectly fine with Win7. Temps don't seem to be an issue either.

Build is a year and a half old, I've tried:

> Ran memtest
    > Update GPU drivers
    > Replace generic mobo drivers with ones specific to my mobo

i5-6600k @ 4.5GHz 1.32v
    x2 8GB DDR4 HyperX Fury 2133
    ASUS Z170M Plus
    MSI GTX 970 @ 1254MHz Core, 4000MHz Memory
    64GB Samsung 830
    256GB Samsung 850 EVO
    1TB WD 7200RPM
    Seasonic X-650 PSU

If any other information is required please let me know, thanks in advance.

:)

apathyrecharge, Sep 22, 2017
  2. john_c84 Win User

Require technical help with BSOD problems.

Every so often while playing a game i'll get the BSOD, Driver_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xD1 ( dmp file 100116-8234-02 included in post).

I'm 'ok' with computers but finding out the cause is giving me some trouble so i'd appreciate any help.

I've ran memory diagnostics and that came back with zero faults, i ran verifier.exe to test my drivers and kept getting BSOD soon after startup, DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION OxC9 (dmp file 100116-11656-01).

Here's my dmp files and system info:

OneDrive

If anyone can take a look at whats causing this, that would be great.

Regards

John

john_c84, Sep 22, 2017
  3. 東鎮 Win User
    Bsod problem

Bsod problem
    Since I turn on my pc and just for Internet , YouTube , that's was no problem , after I start to play steam's games , almost 20-30 mins it's will automatic get a bsod , ok reboot for me and then the funny thing is after the bsod I continue to play my games
    but won't get any bsod problem again at that day , until tomorrow I do the same things , on pc , YouTube then play games in steam , poop ! Bsod again ! Reboot and no problem no bsod again ... Everyday I need to reboot once . This really annoying !

東鎮, Sep 22, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games

Hi apathyrecharge,

Revert the overclocking.
    That the overclock wass fine under W7 is not a valid reason to not pay attention to it since hardware degrades, faster with overclocking.

5. Can you provide us with the kernel memory dump please? Its located in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP.
    You can upload it to an cloud service like dropbox or onedrive.

BSODHunter, Sep 24, 2017
  6. I reverted the GPU OC to stock but the crash still occured, I'm running with no CPU or GPU OC at the moment but haven't had enough time at the computer to tell if it's solved the issue or not

I actually haven't found MEMORY.DMP in the root windows folder since i upgraded to 10, the BSOD's only create minidumps for some reason. Here are the settings I'm using, unless there are other options which affect memory dumps I'm not sure why one isn't generating?

BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games [​IMG]

apathyrecharge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games

1. BSOD 0xD1 Playing taxing games - Similar Threads - BSOD 0xD1 Playing

2. Tax and gst on game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tax and gst on game pass: The Xbox Game Pass Trial is 50 but it takes 59 Why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tax-and-gst-on-game-pass/9a86d20d-b08d-4a95-8932-c84bd4196a3b
  3. Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1: Hello I have just tried launching Minecraft on my computer and I have blue screened.My specs:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K ProcessorCPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU CoolerMotherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WifiMemory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB...
  4. Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD when launching Minecraft 0xD1: Hello I have just tried launching Minecraft on my computer and I have blue screened.My specs:CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K ProcessorCPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU CoolerMotherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WifiMemory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB...
  5. BSOD Playing Games

BSOD Playing Games: Hello everyone, thanks for gifting me your time and patience. I came to this Forum in need of help, as my new computer is acting crazy since few weeks and i'm starting to believe it may have Hardware Issue, since i really tried everything possible from flashing bios,...
  6. BSOD Playing Games

BSOD Playing Games: Well my computer is a year old now and only starting August 2018 i got my first BSOD. I am suspecting its because my nvidia driver was to old the game i played was Shadows Awakening. After i got BSOD i uninstall my old drivers and use DDU on safe mode after that i install...
  7. Random BSODs, 0xD1, 0x1E, 0x50, 0x3B

Random BSODs, 0xD1, 0x1E, 0x50, 0x3B: Crashes don't seem to be attached to anything I'm doing actively Zip from DMLC: Attachment 137358 All drivers I'm aware of are up to date or in line with what MSI recommends for my board, but I'll check more thoroughly while I wait. Thread with previous (though quite...
  8. BSOD starting fullscreen game from IDE, error 0xD1

BSOD starting fullscreen game from IDE, error 0xD1: Hi, Many BSOD's happened while I'm developing and testing a game. I'm using Intellij IDEA community edition. The game is using lwjgl 3, which in turn uses GLFW 3 and OpenGL. The BSOD always happened, while I was editing one of the source files, and quickly launched the game...
  9. BSOD playing games

BSOD playing games: Hello, i started having frequent Blue screens of death playing video games. I do not know what is causing this. Could someone please help? Attachment 110126 Attachment 110433 Here is the msinfo report that had to be manually dont due to the exe not working at that...
  10. Bsod 0xD1

Bsod 0xD1: Hi i Get a BSOD windows 10 enterprise edition 64bit HP Elitebook 8460p crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041316-22640-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (0xFFFFF80128D8036C) Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80128D8036C)...