Windows 10: BSOD a few times a month while on desktop/internet

Discus and support BSOD a few times a month while on desktop/internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey I started getting some blue screens a few months ago, at first it seemed pretty rare so I didn't think too much of it. Lately it's starting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nacho21, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Nacho21 Win User

BSOD a few times a month while on desktop/internet

Hey I started getting some blue screens a few months ago, at first it seemed pretty rare so I didn't think too much of it. Lately it's starting to happen more frequently. So far I have only got it when I am on my desktop, the internet, or watching a movie. I play alot of video games and have yet to get one while doing that. Thanks for any help anyone could provide.

:)

Nacho21, Apr 3, 2017

2. Win 10 - internet connections block a few times a day - reason ?

Subject:

Win 10 - internet connections block a few times a day - reason ?

Question:

message is " this site is not reachable.... It takes too long before
    www.xxxx.com
    reacts.... Try 1 check connection ( this is ok ) 2 check proxy & firewall ( standard settings on ) 3 windows networkcheck ( ok )

I saw that there was an red exclamation before the https://.... and also the https was sriketrough with a red line.
    https://....

Any idea what I should do on my win 10 to solve this ?

Regards

Denis

DenisVerhoeven, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Win 10 - internet connections block a few times a day - reason ?

Hi Denis,

We would like to know more information so we can assist you better. Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue? What is the exact error message that you are getting? Can you also send us a screenshot?

Keep us posted.

Marilou Ser, Apr 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

A consistent indication from all your crash dump files is the following:
    Probably caused by : USBXHCI.SYS ( USBXHCI!Isoch_Transfer_CompleteCancelable+6f )

This suggests a USB device might be involved - what do you have connected? Can you remove any devices and see if it makes a difference?

There is an indication in the crash dump threads that your graphics driver might be playing up although I am not convinced this is the cause.
    Code: fffff800`f26bc398 fffff807`2cf61e6fUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_f37f8f12da8b10d7\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x1e1e6f[/quote] Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Apr 4, 2017
  5. Nacho21 Win User
    Hey thanks for the reply, I actually got another BSOD after posting so I uploaded another log with the log collector, hopefully something can be found in the latest one. As for USB devices I have a mice/keyboard, a microphone, a 2nd wireless keyboard, and a USB sound AMP that I have my headphones plugged into. I disconnected the wireless keyboard and the mic but I need everything else. If there's anyway to narrow it down to which device is causing it that would be awesome. I have also used the display driver uninstaller recently (I think like 2 weeks ago) however I am going to go ahead and do it again just to be safe. I don't know if it matters but it seems to only BSOD after my computer has been on a good amount of time 5+ hours.

Nacho21, Apr 5, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    The latest BSOD was also USB related. Keep going with your troubleshooting on the USB devices, I can't narrow it down from the dump files. For the USB devices that you have left attached make sure all their drivers are updated. If it is happening after a long time it may just be coincidence but could it be that a USB device is powering down?

You could also try using different USB sockets for the remaining devices attached and see if it makes any difference.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD a few times a month while on desktop/internet - Similar Threads - BSOD few times

2. BSOD multiple times over the last month

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times over the last month: My pc has BSOD multiple times over the last month each with a different error code. I dont know if its a ram issue or something more serious. Along with BSOD my games and sometimes other programs crash to desktoplast few things in the "mini dump" folder dont know which is...
  3. BSOD multiple times over the last month

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD multiple times over the last month: My pc has BSOD multiple times over the last month each with a different error code. I dont know if its a ram issue or something more serious. Along with BSOD my games and sometimes other programs crash to desktoplast few things in the "mini dump" folder dont know which is...
  4. BSOD multiple times over the last month

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop storage for a few months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop storage for a few months.: Hey I have a pretty new HP Laptop. I have to give this laptop to my sister for higher studies. She has 5-6 months to get admission and go to hostel. So I am asking is it safe to keep laptop turned off for such a long period without using?...
  6. Laptop storage for a few months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop storage for a few months.: Hey I have a pretty new HP Laptop. I have to give this laptop to my sister for higher studies. She has 5-6 months to get admission and go to hostel. So I am asking is it safe to keep laptop turned off for such a long period without using?...
  7. BSOD happening few times a day

BSOD happening few times a day: Hi everyone, recently i started getting BSOD very frequently. Stop code is almost always different from last one. I followed the guidelines and uploaded last 3 minidumps and MSInfo on OneDrive. Here is the link for that :...
  8. BSOD this month 4th time

BSOD this month 4th time: Hi. I've been getting BSOD with same error code 0x0000003b lately and I haven't found the cause. V2 Log collector: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. dmp: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office...
  9. BSOD roughly 3 times per month

BSOD roughly 3 times per month: Hello, my computer has been blue-screening roughly 3 times per month since October 2018. I don't know much about how to go about searching for the cause, but I did start collecting memory mini-dumps. 2019-01-04 dump: BugcheckCode 292, Parameter 1 = 0x0...
  10. Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months

Receiving frequent BSODs in the past few months: Hello all. Since around the middle of October, I have suddenly been receiving BSODs, mostly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, or IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have collected the necessary files and will upload them, with one caveat - I cleaned out the dump files a week or...