Windows 10: BSOD Across a Number of Lenovo Laptops Win10

Discus and support BSOD Across a Number of Lenovo Laptops Win10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI, I have been getting BSODs on a number of Lenovo PCs (T540-T570 and X260-X270) all of them run Windows 10 1803 build. I run windbg on the minidump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Borizzz, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Borizzz Win User

BSOD Across a Number of Lenovo Laptops Win10

HI,
    I have been getting BSODs on a number of Lenovo PCs (T540-T570 and X260-X270) all of them run Windows 10 1803 build. I run windbg on the minidump and it almost 90% returns ntkrnlmp.exe I have attached the minidump from the most recent one. I can't pinpoint the problem. I know something triggers the ntkernl and causes the BSOD. Any help would be highly appreciated. Attached is the most recent BSOD minidump as zip.

Borizzz, Jun 21, 2018

2. Multiple 0x0000009c BSODs on Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop

Symptoms:
    • Windows 10 Pro BSODs randomly (after freezing). I have almost 12 identical dumps (attached).
    • There seems to be no pattern to it but sometimes it happens when the machine is idle.
    • The machine just hangs and then eventually reboots -- most of the time I don't even see a BSOD screen, it just goes from a frozen screen to reboot and the dump is generated.

Steps Taken With No Success:
    • Ran full memtest with no issues.
    • Clean Windows reinstall.
    • Changed from HDD to Crucial SSD.
    • Updated BIOS and drivers to what I think are the latest (manufacturer website).

Important System Characteristics:
    • Lenovo Z70 laptop with dual Intel 5500 and nVidia GeForce 840M graphics cards
    • Virtualization technology is turned on in BIOS in order to run virtual machines
    • The BSODs stopped for a good while and then started up again quite frequently lately. I haven't been able to pinpoint any changes in how I use the machine.

Most of the dumps seem to point to intelppm.sys --I'm not sure where to go from here.I have attached the output of the information DM log collector. I have gone through all the files and sanitized them to remove any sensitive personal information (according to me) but that shouldn't affect the integrity of the information.

chessoriginal, Jun 21, 2018
  3. jfkjax Win User
    Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Jun 21, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Across a Number of Lenovo Laptops Win10 - Similar Threads - BSOD Across Number

2. Lenovo Laptop BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop BSOD: I have a lenovo yoga 6 laptop and when i try and tunr it on i get a blue screen of death with a critcal_process_died error. i then takes me to another blue screen where i can restart ot go to advanced options. restarting doesnt work and tunring my laptop on and off doesnt...
  3. Lenovo Laptop BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop BSOD: I have a lenovo yoga 6 laptop and when i try and tunr it on i get a blue screen of death with a critcal_process_died error. i then takes me to another blue screen where i can restart ot go to advanced options. restarting doesnt work and tunring my laptop on and off doesnt...
  4. 0x7E BSOD in Lenovo T490S laptop

0x7E BSOD in Lenovo T490S laptop: Observed this bugcheck while trying to wake up from sleep on my laptop, from call stack and context record, issue looks to be related to usbaudio. And exception record shows divide by zero error. Any help in identifying what might have caused this would be appreciatedSystem:...
  5. BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop: I've been experiencing some BSODs over the past few months--on both Windows 10 and Win 11--I upgraded in the hopes that they would go away, but that was apparently not the case.I will get them every so often while I'm using the PC, but it's almost guaranteed that the laptop...
  6. BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop

BSODs on Lenovo P50 laptop: I've been experiencing some BSODs over the past few months--on both Windows 10 and Win 11--I upgraded in the hopes that they would go away, but that was apparently not the case.I will get them every so often while I'm using the PC, but it's almost guaranteed that the laptop...
  7. BSOD of my laptop with win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD of my laptop with win10: Hi Expects, My thinkpad x1 6th always BSOD lately, there are so many code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS ..., I reinstalled the windows, upgrade the bios to the newst one, and run the BIOS hardware...
  8. BsoD on win10 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BsoD on win10 hp laptop: Hi, I just experience BSoD on my new hp laptop running Win10 in Spanish. The message is not clear as it says "...We are going to collect information about the error and after it will reboot automatically". The percentage indicated is 0% and has been like that for more than...
  9. Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lenovo Laptop Windows 10 Serial Number: Hi I purchased a few laptops from the Microsoft Store - online some time back. One of the Laptops needed to be factory reset, and after having done this, the Windows is giving me a "Not Genuine". Asking for the Serial Number, but I don't see any Windows Serial Number on...
  10. WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920: hello all, When my notebook gets off sleep mode, it, almost every times, crashes. It then generates a minidump file. this is the summary from the crash DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver : WUDFRd.sys caused by address : WUDFRd.sys+fbf4 crash address :...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find serial number of lenovo laptop