Windows 10: BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

Discus and support BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, First of all,thanks for helping me.I`ve had this issue for a year now.I`ve tried memtest/CPU and GPU stress test.Everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fallenswor, Jun 9, 2016.

1. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

Hello,
    First of all,thanks for helping me.I`ve had this issue for a year now.I`ve tried memtest/CPU and GPU stress test.Everything was fine,temperature was ok.
    I included the required files.

Thanks for your time,
    Alex

UPDATE:GPU it`s fine and i`ve managed to fix it by reducing Memory clock/core clock and incresing GPU cooler speed.

Attachment 84374

:)

fallenswor, Jun 9, 2016

2. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Hi, yes get the BSOD every 15-20 minutes or so. Then PC reboots and it will happen again after 15 to 20 minutes.

SpenceNichols, Jun 9, 2016
  3. JoshG2727 Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

I recently updated to Windows 10, and whenever I play CS:GO, after about 20-30 minutes I get the BSOD showing this message (picture below:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvkflt.sys)

This only happens when I play CS:GO. Sometimes it happens after only 5-10 minutes, other times it takes 20-45. But whenever I play, this always happens.

This was never an issue before I updated with Windows 8.1.

I have an HP laptop with Intel core i7 and 16 GB of Ram with Intel HD Graphics 4600 as my Graphics Card. , so I usually run games very well, and CS:GO is the only game it happens with.

I have read some support forums, but I haven't found any helpful info yet. If anyone has a fix, please help.

Thanks,

Josh

JoshG2727, Jun 9, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

Hi fallenswor,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please check MSI for BIOS updates.

Please ensure Windows manages the pagefile, this can cause many problems if it is improper configured.
    Code: Event[6128]: Log Name: System Source: Application Popup Date: 2016-06-10T16:26:10.494 Event ID: 26 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-313UQ3F Description: Application popup: Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low : Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.[/quote] Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
    • Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to install as less as possible software using custom/advanced options, you can use this tutorial to do so *Arrow AMD Graphics Drivers - Install Without Catalyst Install Manager - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 84378
    Code: 6/2/2016 11:48:48 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys[/quote] Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

axe0, Jun 9, 2016
  5. fallenswor, Jun 9, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please follow my suggestion for the AMD drivers.

axe0, Jun 9, 2016
  7. Done it i still get BSOD

fallenswor, Jun 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Run the DM Log Collector again and upload a new zip, do this everytime you want to post about a new BSOD to save time *Smile

axe0, Jun 9, 2016
  9. Right now i get a message "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware" and if i close the game and reenter it will do the same thing until i will get a BSOD.

Attachment 84431

fallenswor, Jun 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please do not upload the same zip.

11. I`m sorry for not responding for a week.I was away from PC.Here`s most recent DM collector log.

Attachment 85785

fallenswor, Jun 17, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    The same cause, update/reinstall the drivers but this time ensure that you install drivers only.
    Follow post #2 for removal of the drivers & installing drivers only.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm atikmdag Browse full module list start end module name fffff801`901f0000 fffff801`91c2d000 atikmdag T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Image name: atikmdag.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Jun 02 22:48:48 2016 (57509BB0) CheckSum: 019C13AD ImageSize: 01A3D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

13. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming

The BSOD seems to be gone but right now every game crash after 10 minutes with this message "Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".

fallenswor, Jun 18, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    I would recommend that you create a restore point/system backup before you do anything to your system.

I've done a little research for this, many claim that changing the TDR delay to a higher value or installing other (older) drivers or changing game settings solves it, but mainly changing the TDR delay may cause problems.

15. Apparently BSOD aren`t gone.I`ve changed TDR delay/rolled back drivers/clean OS install but this issue still persist.

Attachment 86030

fallenswor, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD after 10-20 minutes of gaming - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes gaming

2. Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.: I am using HP pavillion eg-3028TX product ID: 8L2Y4PA which hasIntel i5-1355u16 GB ddr5 ramNvdia mx550I am getting "hypervisor_error" BSOD every 10-20 minutes while doing any normal works. I also tried installing a fresh windows and updating the drivers from HP's official...
  3. BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game: Hey, I am getting BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR when playing games. I tried sfc/scannow and checking disk and things seem fine. However the error still persistsThe event logger mentions: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  4. BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game

BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE 20 minutes into any game: Hey, I am getting BSOD WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR when playing games. I tried sfc/scannow and checking disk and things seem fine. However the error still persistsThe event logger mentions: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124...
  5. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  6. BSOD every 15-20 minutes

BSOD every 15-20 minutes: Hello. My computer randomly started crashing last night. Initially it restarted and woke up to a GIGABYTE BIOS saying boot load broke. After having logged in to the pc, a BSOD happened and the screen froze, leading to me having to hold the power button down.From this point...
  7. Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?: Hey, this has happened to me many times before but now its a different error. This time i tried playing Paladins on Steam. The last time i played Paladins was on, if i'm not mistaken, the Epic Games Launcher. That crashed as well. This is the new error i'm getting: "If you...
  8. Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?

Why is my game bluescreening after 20-30 minutes?: Hey, this has happened to me many times before but now its a different error. This time i tried playing Paladins on Steam. The last time i played Paladins was on, if i'm not mistaken, the Epic Games Launcher. That crashed as well. This is the new error i'm getting: "If you...
  9. The game crashes after about 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The game crashes after about 20 minutes.: I start game, play approximately 20-30 minutes and screen freeze then game crashed. It's personaly trouble of windows, because i tried play games on linux and i don't seen this problem. Also not even game have this problem. Games i have this problem: CS GO, Genshin Impact,...
  10. BSOD after 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 20 minutes: Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and...