Windows 10: BSOD after 2 year of laptop

Discus and support BSOD after 2 year of laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I had a BSOD after so long of using the laptop no problem, only hardware change that happened was that laptop is conected to a monitor through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bettingtime, May 16, 2018.

1. BSOD after 2 year of laptop

Hi guys, I had a BSOD after so long of using the laptop no problem, only hardware change that happened was that laptop is conected to a monitor through display port, and one day ago, I conected that monitor too, to another computer though HDMI but that computer is turned off when my laptop is on, not sure if that was the reason, logs are attached, let me know.

Best wishes *Smile

:)

bettingtime, May 16, 2018
  2. GenevaM Win User

2 BSOD Issues

Thank you so much for your reply.

I was afraid of this answer... A while back I had an issue where my internet modem/router kept restarting itself. My ISP did everything to fix it on their end and suggested it was a driver. I further investigated it on my end and ended up rolling the driver
    back to my manufacturer's recommended driver. I had a newer version then what was recommended.

After I did this, my router/modem stopped restarting itself but then I started having random internet disconnects on the PC.

Meanwhile regardless of what driver I had on, I've been having these 2 BSODs basically for a year. Definitly more frequently over the past 2 months.

Is it possible that the driver isn't the thing that is failing and it's a physical problem with the actual wireless card itself inside my laptop?

GenevaM, May 18, 2018
  3. Vg2016 Win User
    2 different BSODs on 2 new Windows 10 laptops within a few days

Hi, I recently bought a Lenovo laptop Intel core i5-5200, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD+8GB SSHD on Thursday 31 Dec.

There has been various issues with the first laptop bought on 31 Dec - BSOD and sign-in page hang etc. Retailer agreed to replace with another laptop. But the new laptop also had another BSOD and other issues. Further details as below. Would like to check
    if the issue is likely with Lenovo laptop itself hence should get it replaced again or consider another brand of laptop, or with Microsoft OS etc. Thanks for your advice in advance.

Details: Within a few days of purchase (i.e. on Wed 6 Jan), it hung for one plus/2 hours at the sign-in page when I pressed on the start button after the laptop hibernated because of inactivity. The next day (Thursday), a BSOD DPC Watchdog Violation appeared,
    and a part of the sign-in page flickered some-times after switching on after hibernate. Went back to laptop retailer as it was still under 7 day in-store warranty. Retailer asked to leave laptop overnight to perform Recovery.

Collected laptop on Friday and tried using on Saturday including installing MS Office and had only a few windows open (Internet, Windows explorer, solitaire). Mid-way, I was unable to use the left click button when playing solitaire. MS office installation
    error message says couldn't install some features and offered me the option to Retry which I did a few times, but same error message appears, and installation progress hung for at least one hour. So went back to retailer again who agreed to change laptop

On Sunday, when trying to use by opening a few windows (Internet, Windows explorer, solitaire) and installing MS Office, BSOD Page Fault in Non-Paged Area occurred. It auto restarted. There was an error message saying I
    can't install MS office - another installation is in progress. I restarted computer per Google instruction to do so. It now says installation successful

Vg2016, May 18, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after 2 year of laptop

1. BSOD after 2 year of laptop - Similar Threads - BSOD laptop

2. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  3. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  4. Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop: Hi everyone, I've been getting regular BSOD with different errors the last of which was "irql_not_less_or_equal" I've tried resetting the chipset driver to whats on the Asus Website, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling everything. I've tried checking for updates...
  5. Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop

Regular BSOD when on Battery Laptop: Hi everyone, I've been getting regular BSOD with different errors the last of which was "irql_not_less_or_equal" I've tried resetting the chipset driver to whats on the Asus Website, I've tried reformatting and reinstalling everything. I've tried checking for updates...
  6. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  7. BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop

BSOD issues lately on an ASUS Zephyrus laptop: Greetings, I've been having BSOD errors & hard freezes lately on my ASUS Zephyrus laptop AMD CPU. The latest BSOD was for an IRQL NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 0x000000d1. Previously I've had a couple of 0x00020001 errors - HYPERVISOR related along with hard freezes where I have...
  8. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  9. When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.

When I restart my laptop it says updates are underway and it restarts to a bsod and loops.: I am having an issue with my new laptop with windows 11 22h2 it doesn't install new updates and when I restart the laptop it says updates are underway and without any persentage it suddenly restarts when my laptop logo shows up the loading lags and goes to bsod and restarts...
  10. My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...

My laptop won't boot into bios or windows showing BSoD screen with stopcode of page fault...: I am updating windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-boot-into-bios-or-windows-showing/9e0d8633-ebcb-4434-8b31-887c38733146