Windows 10: BSOD after 20 minutes

Discus and support BSOD after 20 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HandoKardaan, May 7, 2016.

1. BSOD after 20 minutes

Hello,

after building a new Skylake based Windows 10 64 bit machine to house my GPU with a friend (who does such things for a living) I am experiencing weird BSOD behaviour. The machine gets a BSOD after 20 minutes (irrespective of what I am doing at the moment) and usually only once. I.e. after the BSOD reboot I can work with the machine with full functionality until I do a shutdown. Then, once I boot up again, e.g. the next day, I can set my alarm after the BSOD.

I have attempted to debug the situation, but only got to the pci.sys and I don't know what to do from there or whether that is even correct. The zip file generated by the forum tool is attached.

This error has persisted through BIOS reflashes and updates, attempts at running the system without overclocking, sfc / scannow, Device Manager driver updates for all PCI components I can think of (only the GPU anyways and that already ran flawlessly in Windows 10 on my old PC) but I am at my wits end.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

:)

HandoKardaan, May 7, 2016

2. ntoskrnl.exe causing crashes and BSOD, even in safe mode

Hi, yes get the BSOD every 15-20 minutes or so. Then PC reboots and it will happen again after 15 to 20 minutes.

SpenceNichols, May 7, 2016
  3. Freezing Issue after Win 10 Anniversary update

Greg, not for nothing, but the anniversary update broke Windows 10 and we have no options about updating so first, you're talking about hours to do a reset or clean install because every app put on has to be manually reinstalled. Second, because the windows
    updater is automatic and we cant' stop it, it will still install the update that broke it in the first place!

I did the clean install after a couple weeks from Aug 31st's updates. My system was giving me the BSOD every 20 minutes or so. Yes, this briefly "fixed" my system to where now it only gave me the BSOD once or twice a day. Yeah, big fix! However, that was
    after hours spent reinstalling it and all the apps it would not update.

Then, Windows comes up with another update this past Tuesday that screwed the pooch again! Now my system is back to BSOD every 20 minutes or so. No Rhyme or Reason to why either.

LadyWrites, May 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD after 20 minutes

Hi HandoKardaan,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

That sounds like an issue with fast startup, could you see if disabling fast startup helps.
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If it doesn't see if updating the Qualcomm network drivers helps.
    Driver Reference Table - Qcamain10x64.sys
    Code: 6: kd> lmvm Qcamain10x64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`d2fd0000 fffff800`d3234000 Qcamain10x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: Qcamain10x64.sys Image path: Qcamain10x64.sys Image name: Qcamain10x64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Wed Sep 02 10:09:31 2015 (55E6AEBB) CheckSum: 00242152 ImageSize: 00264000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, May 7, 2016
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. When I first encountered that error, I turned off Fast Startup and that helped... until recently... I've even disabled FastBoot in the Bios to be on the safe side. Or do you think I should re-enable, reboot, disable, reboot and try to see if that fixes it?

Oh, regarding the Killer drivers, I downloaded the package, but there are 5 different drivers for Windows 10 in there, namely
    bwcw10
    k11acw10
    k11nw10
    ke2200w10
    ke2400w10

Any idea which one to pick?

EDIT: I just checked and my Board has Intel networking chips. I know Windows is a weird mistress, but couldn't putting in drivers for the wrong networking chip break something?

6. axe0 New Member
    Installing wrong drivers shouldn't be possible.

I'm not sure which driver you should pick, none of them are present in the logs.

axe0, May 7, 2016
  7. Ok, something weird just happened. I tried updating the intel drivers by having windows do the update through the device manager, first a whole lot of nothing happened, then BSOD. I also noticed my HDDs getting very unresponsive during that time (windows itself runs off an M.2 drive). I've made a new .zip file which should contain that crashlog

8. axe0 New Member

BSOD after 20 minutes

It is the same cause, the Qualcomm network driver.
    Was the BSOD at a reboot or a startup?

axe0, May 7, 2016
  9. or rather, after another bsod....

10. axe0 New Member
    Please try following to see if any startup service is interfering.

BSOD after 20 minutes [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.

11. Ok, so doing the clean boot allowed me to update the qualcomm drivers (I pointed Windows Device Manager at the Windows 10 64 Bit folder and it found drivers to update the onboard wifi with. I also removed a sketchy program from the startup entirely. So I re-enabled the Services etc and rebooted. It has been good for the last 30 minutes so I am hopeful.

I will keep an eye on it for a few days and will update the thread if any news come up. Now, out of etiquette, should I mark this as solved or not?

12. axe0 New Member
    When you update the thread and all is good *Smile

13. BSOD after 20 minutes

Ok, will do! Thanks for your help.

Let's hope this did it...

14. Ok, so after a full shutdown and restart it turns out that the update didn't fix the BSOD issue... I've attached an updated .zip file for further inspection by anybody willing to donate their time

15. axe0 New Member
    The dump doesn't blame any driver not from Windows, but it looks the same as the onces that did blame the network driver.
    Lets try the clean boot again as last time it did gave some results.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Thema:

BSOD after 20 minutes

1. BSOD after 20 minutes - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes

2. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  3. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: My pc will run fine for only a half hour or up to hours on end, but it will eventually bluescreen. I recently upgraded my cpu, and the BSOD happened the day after and continues to happen, not sure if thats the issue. I'd suspect my PC not be able to run if it had to do with...
  4. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  5. ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running

ntosknrl.exe BSOD after 30 minutes to multiple hours of pc running: It started a day after I upgraded my CPU but im not sure if that has anything to do with it. I've tried sfc scan, chkdsk, windows startup repair, etc....
  6. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: Here is the latest dump file. After driver verifier enabled and after three time bsod https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmYUJW9O45_oRQUKyr4879wXptv?e=twMwSC...
  7. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...: Here is the latest dump file. After driver verifier enabled and after three time bsod https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmYUJW9O45_oRQUKyr4879wXptv?e=twMwSC...
  8. while on charging after few minutes BSOD is happen .each time different different stop...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.: I am using HP pavillion eg-3028TX product ID: 8L2Y4PA which hasIntel i5-1355u16 GB ddr5 ramNvdia mx550I am getting "hypervisor_error" BSOD every 10-20 minutes while doing any normal works. I also tried installing a fresh windows and updating the drivers from HP's official...
  10. Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.

Getting Hypervisor_error BSOD every 10-20 minutes.: I am using HP pavillion eg-3028TX product ID: 8L2Y4PA which hasIntel i5-1355u16 GB ddr5 ramNvdia mx550I am getting "hypervisor_error" BSOD every 10-20 minutes while doing any normal works. I also tried installing a fresh windows and updating the drivers from HP's official...