Windows 10: BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

Discus and support BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run it with Driver verifier... Here is the minidump file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q NFO file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arminficza, Jul 4, 2018.

1. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

I run it with Driver verifier...

Here is the minidump file

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx4LdY0oEBs0DGQ9Q

NFO file:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpxxbT_NgPU-ISncKg

And some previous dumps.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsmlV167rgkYgpx5OAww_hlaaw2G7A

It is a brand new PC. Have reinstalled windows twice, replaced ssid , still the same. Memory test running ok.

:)

arminficza, Jul 4, 2018

2. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastian,

Your PC might be set to sleep once it is idle for 5mins. For you to adjust this setting, we suggest looking into the
    Power Options advanced settings. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click on Power Options.
    • On your Preferred plans, click Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep and System unattended sleep timeout.
    • Set how many minutes you want your system to be left idle before it goes to sleep.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Double Win User
    Automatic disk defrag every 5 minutes when idle

Every time i leave my computer idle for 5 minutes, disk defragmenting starts acting up. It never did this on Windows 7, and its very annoying. This causes my fan to speed up and it stays that way until i give it some input.

I always put my computer to sleep when I'm done using it, and would rather defragment manually. I want to turn this 5 minute defragging off, but how?

normal use

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period [​IMG]

after 5 minutes of no user input

Double, Jul 4, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code: BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 2001 , 7/8/2011[/quote] Attachment 51031

axe0, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period

1. BSOD after 5 minutes of idle period - Similar Threads - BSOD minutes idle

2. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  3. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  4. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD after 5 minutes in any game

BSOD after 5 minutes in any game: Thread in driver message appears with BSOD. New PC, updated, reformatted, updated again, stripped, updated. CONSTANTLY CRASHING THE MORE I DO TO FIX IT AND THE PC MANUFACTURER 5 year warranty with IRONSIDES REFUSES TO CONTACT OR HELP ME FOR 6+ MONTHS NOW. Sorry for yelling,...
  6. Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle

Blue Screen after about 5 minutes on idle: Hi guys, My son has a custom built pc running the latest version of window 10 that has been having blue screen errors after about five minutes on idle. The error codes are sometimes different and I can't seem to track the cause down. I've tried disabling various sleep...
  7. Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle

Another Windows 10 freezing after 5 minutes of idle: My laptop is Acer ES1-432-C4XA CPU : Intel N3350 Windows 10 Home version 1809 OS Build : 17763.195 Windows 10 freeze after exactly 5 minutes of idle when plug-in and after login. Previously the problem was rectified when I disable Fast Boot and System Protection,...
  8. BSOD while Idle for 5-10 minutes

BSOD while Idle for 5-10 minutes: Hey Guys. Thanks for taking the time to review my issue. Ive been having it Nonstop for the last month now. Basically what happens is, I get BSOD errors when my computer is idle after about 5-10 min, pretty consistantly. It doesn't happen after a windows complete...
  9. BSoD's after 10 minutes idle

BSoD's after 10 minutes idle: This has been going on for about a month. After ten minutes idle, I get a random blue screen. 8 passes of memtest yielded no errors. How many of the 42 .dmp files should I send and how should I send them? Thanks in advance 88850
  10. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot